Value of: Defenseman to the NJDevils: (COL, EDM, PIT, LAK, ANA, NYI, FLA, CAR, MIN, ARZ)

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The Devils are in major need of a defensive LHD to play alongside PK Subban on the top pairing.

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

What would it take from New Jersey to acquire this specific player from each team? The assets that are expendable from the Devils are:
2020 1st round pick, Miles Wood, Michael McLeod, Joey Anderson, Brett Seney, Mirco Mueller, John Hayden, any prospect not named Ty Smith or Daniil Misyul.

Colorado: Nikita Zadorov
Edmonton: Darnell Nurse
Pittsburgh: Brian Dumoulin
Los Angeles: Alec Martinez
Anaheim: Hampus Lindholm
New York I: Nick Leddy
Florida: Michael Matheson
Carolina: Joel Edmundson
Minnesota: Jonas Brodin
Arizona: Niklas Hjalmarsson

If the Devils can acquire one of these defenseman, I think it would go a lot way to helping the team start racking up wins.

Ducks need blueline help we are not trading away our best defenseman. For the love of hockey at least think about other teams needs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You could potentially acquire Haydn Fleury once TVR returns but we need Edmundson.
Yep. Plus, I’m not sure Carolina wants to make a trade to help NJ “rack up wins”.

Canes already have a good, and deep prospect pool, already likely have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds in the 2020 draft, and no room for bottom six players on the roster. Not much NJ can entice them with.

If NJ wanted to do something dumb like offer up an unprotected 1st, then sure, but they won’t do something dumb.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Hampus Lindholm is going to cost way more than the Devils can pay. It would require Hischier or Hughes as a starting point.
Starting point? Hischier and Hughes both wouldn't need a plus from NJ. More likely from Anaheim.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The Devils are in major need of a defensive LHD to play alongside PK Subban on the top pairing.

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

What would it take from New Jersey to acquire this specific player from each team? The assets that are expendable from the Devils are:
2020 1st round pick, Miles Wood, Michael McLeod, Joey Anderson, Brett Seney, Mirco Mueller, John Hayden, any prospect not named Ty Smith or Daniil Misyul.

If the Devils can acquire one of these defenseman, I think it would go a lot way to helping the team start racking up wins.

We're not trading Dumoulin

Reactions: domaug and CF Punk

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
He doesn’t have to be a “top pairing” defenseman. A steady, defensive top 4 LHD that would mesh well with PK Subban is what the Devils desperately need. Nikita Zadorov is the guy I really want the Devils to acquire. I think it’s realistic as well.

Mirco Mueller + Michael McLeod + Joey Anderson to the Avalanche for Nikita Zadorov + Jayson Megna

This same proposal was discussed in another NJD thread, most agreed with:

Protected Top 10 + McLeod/Anderson

However, after the slow start many would rather wait if NJD recovers before sending their pick.

Reactions: Bet the Over

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

Some FLA fans will drive Matheson to NJ for ya in exchange for a mid pick but with Yandle aging and only having a couple years left on his deal, Matheson is somewhat needed here as our LD prospects arent ready yet.

I'd say Yandle is more available than Matheson is. GM Dale Tallon has hinted he wants a shutdown LD so we want to add defense, not subtract it, even as bad as Matheson has been the last little while.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He doesn’t have to be a “top pairing” defenseman. A steady, defensive top 4 LHD that would mesh well with PK Subban is what the Devils desperately need. Nikita Zadorov is the guy I really want the Devils to acquire. I think it’s realistic as well.

Mirco Mueller + Michael McLeod + Joey Anderson to the Avalanche for Nikita Zadorov + Jayson Megna

Zadorov probably isn’t an unreasonable target but the Avs are trying to make a push. They aren’t going to trade him for a bad player and a couple prospects that are unlikely to be more than 4th liners at best.

Gotta be a hockey trade, likely for a middle six forward currently on the roster.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Zadorov probably isn’t an unreasonable target but the Avs are trying to make a push. They aren’t going to trade him for a bad player and a couple prospects that are unlikely to be more than 4th liners at best.

Gotta be a hockey trade, likely for a middle six forward currently on the roster.
Palmieri, maybe? Assuming that the one guy who posted a Value Of thread for him not too long ago is correct w/r/t the Devils potentially hesitating to re-sign him (which is potentially a very large and very foolish assumption, but. :dunno: ).

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Pretty much this.

Combined with the part where trading Zads doesn't make sense right now with the Avs making a push. This offseason is probably the best chance to get him, the Avs will have to make some decisions with Byram and Timmins waiting for their chances, the expansion draft and other offseason acquisitions.

Though you can have Barbs! Don't beat down our door for him, we'll leave it open.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Alec Martinez seems like a realistic target. LA is going to be buried in the standings by November. They should start selling and go into a retool period.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, Dumo would be a major deal to be honest. Maybe in a deal around Hall? Or Palmieri+Butcher and we toss in ZAR?

Dumo is just too important for the haul not to hefty.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No way the Ducks are trading Lindholm to a lottery pick team when the Ducks are likely to be buyers not sellers.
The Devils need new goalies not more Dmen, if they want to avoid picking in the top 5 again they need to acquire a goalie who is at least average.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What does that accomplish for Colorado?

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Palmieri, maybe? Assuming that the one guy who posted a Value Of thread for him not too long ago is correct w/r/t the Devils potentially hesitating to re-sign him (which is potentially a very large and very foolish assumption, but. :dunno: ).

I’d imagine that’s too far in the other direction without another addition from our side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad