LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It absolutely is, it’s honestly astonishing to me that anyone could possibly disagree. Like, beyond astonishing.

It’s literally as simple as asking if the wings would give up the player Ottawa would have taken at the pick they gave up. They absolutely wouldn’t, because it’s worth a hell of a lot more than any combination of Berggren, Bos 1st and Kubalik.
It is fully valid to hold the option that:

Berggren+Kubalik+1st is worth more than Kasper+2nd+3rd which is worth more than DeBrincat

And that's heavily weighted on the fact that Berggren + Kubalik for a 2nd and 3rd would get you laughed out of the room.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Berggren+Kubalik+1st is worth more than Kasper+2nd+3rd which is worth more than DeBrincat

And that's heavily weighted on the fact that Berggren + Kubalik for a 2nd and 3rd would get you laughed out of the room.
Well, I certainly wouldn’t hold the opinion of those that think that very highly, that’s for sure.

We will gladly take Kasper + 2nd + 3rd if that’s the case.

Hell, we will take Kasper.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’d assume the basis of a trade is done, It’s just ADC contract demands holding it up now imo.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Well, I certainly wouldn’t hold the opinion of those that think that very highly, that’s for sure.

We will gladly take Kasper + 2nd + 3rd if that’s the case.

Hell, we will take Kasper.
You notice how DeBrincat was at the very end on the wrong side of the "worth more than" (edit, forgot I wrote it out pre post)?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You notice how DeBrincat was at the very end on the wrong side of the > ?
Nope, not sure why you’re talking about, unless my reading comprehension has taken a hit? Reads quite clearly to me.

Is this whole conversation not about Ottawa giving up more than the Berggren + Kubalik + 1st, and then you state that it’s worth less than Berggren + Kubalik + 1st, or am I going nuts?

Last edited:

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I’d assume the basis of a trade is done, It’s just ADC contract demands holding it up now imo.
Aye... the last time I saw an insider post about it on Twitter, that's what they were saying. It was just about hashing out a deal.

Based on some of those same insiders, I think OTT still wants to make a couple moves, so for their sake, I hope this gets done soon. Rumor at least suggested they're interested in Tarasenko, and he's not gonna be on the board forever.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Nope, not sure why you’re talking about, unless my reading comprehension has taken a hit? Reads quite clearly to me.

Is this whole conversation not about Ottawa giving up more than the Berggren + Kubalik + 1st? Or am I going nuts?
It is, sort of. I disagree with the assessment that Ottawa gave up more than Berggren+Kubalik+1st. But that is the side discussion.

But disagreeing with that does not mean I value Kasper less than DeBrincat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It is, sort of. I disagree with the assessment that Ottawa gave up more than Berggren+Kubalik+1st. But that is the side discussion.

But disagreeing with that does not mean I value Kasper less than DeBrincat.
Of course you don’t, Kasper is much, much too valuable to give up for Debrincat. The same Kasper the Sens were set to pick if they kept their pick.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Absolutely. Not going to get anyone disagreeing with that, but again, has nothing to do with the points being made.
Not really.

Ottawa paid a lot.

Detroit and/or its fans do not want to pay as much or more than Ottawa did.

There is disagreement in the assessment of whether a hypothetical Berggren+Kubalik+1st package would be more than what Ottawa paid.

The only reason Kasper factors in at all is because in hindsight Ottawa probably would have preferred to not make the trade.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not really.

Ottawa paid a lot.

Detroit and/or its fans do not want to pay as much or more than Ottawa did.

There is disagreement in the assessment of whether a hypothetical Berggren+Kubalik+1st package would be more than what Ottawa paid.

The only reason Kasper factors in at all is because in hindsight Ottawa probably would have preferred to not make the trade.
Kasper factors in because Ottawa traded #7, and Kasper went pick #8, and he’s valued higher by Detroit than a package of Berggren + Kubalik + Bos 1st, or at least I would assume he would, which I probably shouldn’t take for certain based on what I’m reading.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Kasper factors in because Ottawa traded #7, and Kasper went pick #8, and he’s valued higher by Detroit than a package of Berggren + Kubalik + Bos 1st, or at least I would assume he would, which I probably shouldn’t take for certain based on what I’m reading.
That assumption is the rub.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

So that pretty much confirms what Dorion has already stated publicly a few days ago in his FA media interview. He already clearly said he has a couple of deals agreed on with a couple teams, and has now let those teams talk to DBC's agent, but things have hit a snag on that front. A few insiders supposedly corroborated this, but then DBCs agent came out and said no his camp had very little contact/negotiation with opposing teams, so someone was lying and I think it's starting to become more and more apparent its the agent and contract negotiations that's stalling everything.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
So that pretty much confirms what Dorion has already stated publicly a few days ago in his FA media interview. He already clearly said he has a couple of deals agreed on with a couple teams, and has now let those teams talk to DBC's agent, but things have hit a snag on that front. A few insiders supposedly corroborated this, but then DBCs agent came out and said no his camp had very little contact/negotiation with opposing teams, so someone was lying and I think it's starting to become more and more apparent its the agent and contract negotiations that's stalling everything.
DBC is probably demanding $8.5M a season and Stevie wants no part of that for 8 years

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
DBC is probably demanding $8.5M a season and Stevie wants no part of that for 8 years
Wouldnt be surprising, but if the guy really wants to go home, he needs to compromize and settle for $8x7 and be happy he gets to play for his preferred destination. Yzerman better not be trying to grind him to the ground after all those atrocious FA deals. Pay the man his due and dont low ball him pls, wrap it up already.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Wouldnt be surprising, but if the guy really wants to go home, he needs to compromize and settle for $8x7 and be happy he gets to play for his preferred destination. Yzerman better not be trying to grind him to the ground after all those atrocious FA deals. Pay the man his due and dont low ball him pls, wrap it up already.
I don't think it's that - Yzerman doesn't seem to be a fan of 8 year deals. He negotiated with Larkin for half a season before giving in on it.

Reactions: SENStastic

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
It absolutely is, it’s honestly astonishing to me that anyone could possibly disagree. Like, beyond astonishing.

It’s literally as simple as asking if the wings would give up the player Ottawa would have taken at the pick they gave up. He’s theirs, they value that because he’s been in their possession for a year without a doubt, but that’s what Ottawa gave up, they knew he was there, and he is the guy whom the Sens were all over.

They absolutely wouldn’t trade him, because it’s worth a hell of a lot more than any combination of Berggren, Bos 1st and Kubalik.

The Sens made an idiotic, overpayment regardless of hindsight. Without a contract signed, it was a bad deal. Now, they will ship him off for a very large decrease in value, that will likely include 2 of those pieces +, or equivalent value.

Everybody in the hockey world called it a good deal though? So how exactly is it an idiotic and bad deal - while using hindsight?

Some Sens fans live in an alternate reality I swear to god.

RFAs with term can be and will continue to be traded WITHOUT a long term extension already in place. Like give me a break.... Especially in markets like Ottawa where your best hope is to convince an out of town star to stay after a test run -because they sure as f*** arent getting them to sign in Ottberia as a 26yr old star player who's a top UFA....

Yeah it didn't work out - for all the American stars that seem to love it here (Brady, Josh, JC) we were bound to get one that wants out sooner or later. That's life in the great white north.

But cut this shit out where your pretending that everyone (aside from haters) wasnt drooling at the idea of the Sens top 6 - and saying that Dorion paid a reasonable price.

It would have cost significantly more to have a deal in place prior to the trade l. Hence the price that was paid which was totally comfortable for 2 years of control (ie most people though it was a good deal for Ottawa). Let's see what we get back and save the hate for something that actually matters.

Last edited:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I don't think it's that - Yzerman doesn't seem to be a fan of 8 year deals. He negotiated with Larkin for half a season before giving in on it.
Ya I know he doesn't like them, that's why I'm hoping DBC will agree to 6-7 year term. But Yzerman will need to start be comfortable handing those max term deals out once his core players are due for new contracts, it's one thing to not be willing to give them to random FA's, but it shouldnt be the case for your own prospects you picked and nurtured and expect to be your contending core. Not sure how he'll treat them, but Raymond and Seider will be good test cases soon.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Everybody in the hockey world called it a good deal though? So how exactly is it an idiotic and bad deal - while using hindsight?

Some Sens fans live in an alternate reality I swear to god.

RFAs with term can be and will continue to be traded WITHOUT a long term extension already in place. Like give me a break.... Especially in markets like Ottawa where your best hope is to convince an out of town star to stay after a test run -because they sure as f*** arent signing getting them to sign in Ottberia as a 26yr old star player who's a top UFA....

Yeah it didn't work out - for all the American star that seems to love it here (Brady, Josh, JC) we were bound to get one that wants out sooner or later. That's life in the great white north, and the

But cut this shit out where your pretending that everyone (aside from haters) were drooling at the idea of the Sens top 6 - and saying that Dorion paid a reasonable price.

It would have cost significantly more to have a deal in place prior to the trade l. Hence the price that was paid which was totally comfortable for 2 years of control (ie most people though it was a good deal for Ottawa). Let's see what we get back and save the hate for something that actually matters.

It's the same people crying about the Talbot deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad