LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Good player. Not worth 9+ million but should certainly net Ottawa a decent return.

Chicago was right to trade him when they did given their rebuild timeline.
I agree! Chicago timing was perfect. Makes you wonder though how or even why Ottawa acquired DeBrincat without making sure he was open to staying long term and what his ask was. It’s quite… odd

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
I hope the Sens can sign him to a long-term contract in the 7M range but if he doesn't want that then I'd rather trade him at a loss then have him become the Sens highest paid player. He just doesn't push the needle enough for that IMO

Debrincat 8 years x 7.x

OR

DeBrincat for Late 1st + whatever
DeBrincat for Not as good but still good winger with more controllability

Otherwise just move on from the asset as much as it hurts.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I agree! Chicago timing was perfect. Makes you wonder though how or even why Ottawa acquired DeBrincat without making sure he was open to staying long term and what his ask was. It’s quite… odd
Probably figured three major factors would be things nobody knew at the time.

- How much he’d like his teammates and want to grow with them

- How much he’d like the city after living here a while and want to put down roots

- How much actual on ice success he’d have here

These are things you can’t know pre-acquisition of a player.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
If they are smart they are doing this exact thing with DeBrincat stating he would wait for an ownership change before signing. A nearly there team like NJ or Calgary might be interested, or someone like Nashville with Trotz stating he wants more players who can light up the fans in the building.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Maybe a deal with Islanders, who have some veteran players on 2-3 year deals where Ottawa can still fill for Debrincat's icetime and maybe pick up an additional asset (depending on the quality/expected contribution of the returning player)

Brock Nelson, JG Pageau, Josh Bailey, Kyle Palmieri, Anders Lee all seem like players who fit the above description and which the Islanders may be looking to move in a bit of a roster refresh.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Bond

May 10, 2012
Same reason that Canadian teams struggle with winning a cup. Pure impatience.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
giphy.webp

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Ive seen Bratt’s name mentioned in other threads.

If devils fans do want to move on from him then maybe a shakeup trade for Cat? Even the trade out with picks or players?

I don’t think the Sens should go for picks in this deal. Try to get a similar caliber player back if possible and even add depending on how much

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Colombus can afford his new contract
Trade and sign
Trade Debrincat for LAK 1st round pick and Kent Johnson
fair enough for both ?
I...don't think they can with all the RFA extensions coming due next year. not without gutting some of that depth which is arguably some of the sneakiest and deepest in the league.

Columbus making this trade means they are going all in; moving out essential pieces to make it work past next season with that QA and that means they are being managed by a buffoon

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Ive seen Bratt’s name mentioned in other threads.

If devils fans do want to move on from him then maybe a shakeup trade for Cat? Even the trade out with picks or players?

I don’t think the Sens should go for picks in this deal. Try to get a similar caliber player back if possible and even add depending on how much
For the same reason debrincats is mentioned. What does the new contract look like, not sure this would make any sense or solve either teams problem.

Reactions: TBF1972

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
If he were willing to sign an extension like caufield id trade for him but don’t think he’s worth 9 million

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I don't really care what we gave up. I just want a replacement. Whether that's Keller, Farabee, Bratt, etc... I want someone coming back in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad