LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I mean, you're both half right/half wrong here. The CBA caps an increase at 5% maximum annually, so you literally can't go 6-8% increase per year.

But they will absolutely see the maximum increase for the next 3-5 years while the cap catches up to revenue. League revenue hasn't stopped increasing. Since the 04-05 lockout it averages about a $200M+ increase annually. The cap has failed to rise with it due to the COVID debt, which will be paid off after this year.

As it stands right now, the cap is set at $83.5M, which adjusts to about $5.3B league revenue. The pre-season estimate for 22-23 was $5.7B, but Bettman said as recently as a month ago that it was around $6B. So even if you assume there's no revenue growth in 23-24, $6B revenue would mean the cap should be $93.75M.

With the max 5% increase that means it can only go up:

$87.675M in 24-25
$92.05M in 25-26

So yeah, revenue would have to decrease over the next 2 years in order for the league to not max out on cap increases. That ain't happening.

9c0d6780-76f8-477c-ada5-e1995574d978_text.gif
Won't happen. NHL don't use logic or anything close to it, sorry.

Reactions: Kimota

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Watching people fight tooth and nail for millions of dollars honestly makes this shit harder for me to care about. Either wait debrincat is set for life. I’d retire if I had $1 million, wtf would I do with 20+ million lol
A lot of things. Your quality of life is radically different with $20 million compared to $1 million. No idea how you could retire off $1 million if you were 25 years old. That's a safe withdrawal rate of $40,000. I guess if you plan to remain single, never have kids and never buy a house or extensively travel or anything.

Reactions: Duck Off

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
A lot of things. Your quality of life is radically different with $20 million compared to $1 million. No idea how you could retire off $1 million if you were 25 years old. That's a safe withdrawal rate of $40,000. I guess if you plan to remain single, never have kids and never buy a house or extensively travel or
A lot of things. Your quality of life is radically different with $20 million compared to $1 million. No idea how you could retire off $1 million if you were 25 years old. That's a safe withdrawal rate of $40,000. I guess if you plan to remain single, never have kids and never buy a house or extensively travel or anything.
Bro compounding interest and passive income investments are a thing. You wouldn’t be able to live the high life, but you’d be very comfortable.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Bro compounding interest and passive income investments are a thing. You wouldn’t be able to live the high life, but you’d be very comfortable.
If you are planning to live off it, then you need to look at a 4 % safe withdrawal rate because the market could go through downswings and you need to withdraw/use dividends to live off in all years, including when downswings occur. That's $40,000 per year. $1 million is not nearly enough for most people to retire off as a young person in 2023. You are going to get absolutely murdered by inflation.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
If you are planning to live off it, then you need to look at a 4 % safe withdrawal rate because the market could go through downswings and you need to withdraw/use dividends to live off in all years, including when downswings occur. That's $40,000 per year. $1 million is not nearly enough for most people to retire off as a young person in 2023. You are going to get absolutely murdered by inflation.

Inflation has nothing to do with it, the $1M would be invested.

I could live very comfortably off 40k, but my idea of comfort is living on a farm.

Reactions: Fatass

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Inflation has nothing to do with it, the $1M would be invested.

I could live very comfortably off 40k, but my idea of comfort is living on a farm.
Inflation has everything to do with it. If your money grows too slow, slower than inflation, and you need to withdraw money to live, living expenses that rise with inflation, you could be screwed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Watching people fight tooth and nail for millions of dollars honestly makes this shit harder for me to care about. Either wait debrincat is set for life. I’d retire if I had $1 million, wtf would I do with 20+ million lol
If only every player accepted just a 1 time payment of 1 million dollars to play their entire career and then the rest of all the money could all go into the owners pockets and we could all live happily pretending that the world was a better place.

Reactions: SoupNazi

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Clearly not the case lol. Find one piece of reporting that supports that (you won’t)

Of the 5 teams Cat was willing to extend with, only 1 or 2 were able/interested. So yeah, sure, in that sense interest is limited. But to say that there wouldn’t be interest in him, point blank, is some green, watery bullshit, my friend
But at the end of the day, only one team was interested in DBC enough to even just play deal footsie.

That, my friend, is interest most charitably described as tepid.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Inflation has everything to do with it. If your money grows too slow, slower than inflation, and you need to withdraw money to live, living expenses that rise with inflation, you could be screwed.

SP500 averages 8% returns, so no issue there.

If you put it under your mattress, then yes it won’t last.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
But at the end of the day, only one team was interested in DBC enough to even just play deal footsie.

That, my friend, is interest most charitably described as tepid.
No… that is clearly not what happened. Again, show one reliable source on that and I’ll shut up.

It’s a simple situation but you your logical inferences are not very strong and you’re misreading it completely. No need to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino