Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I'm assuming Q lives full time in Chicago or maybe he's going back home to Canada. The biggest problem might be he doesn't want to move across the country and he'd rather just chill at home for the rest of the year. If the Blues were a better team he might take the job since it's closer to home.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
If the team starts stringing together games like the last one you can kiss this whole PDB getting fired thing goodbye.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
With everyone back healthy I'm just hoping we see the team dominating possession like we did early in the year. My only annoyance with PDB is his weird mixing and matching with the d pairs and giving Braun extra ice time for absolutely no reason. Also putting the Vlasic-Braun pairing back together was dumb as we finally got an upgrade to pair with Vlasic.

If the team doesn't dominate possession and the d continue to suck, then yeah, he should be fired.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
With everyone back healthy I'm just hoping we see the team dominating possession like we did early in the year. My only annoyance with PDB is his weird mixing and matching with the d pairs and giving Braun extra ice time for absolutely no reason. Also putting the Vlasic-Braun pairing back together was dumb as we finally got an upgrade to pair with Vlasic.

If the team doesn't dominate possession and the d continue to suck, then yeah, he should be fired.

Who's the upgrade to play with vlasic? And if its karlsson then its obvious you have not watched the 1st like 15 or so games.

Vlasic is the worst possible partner for karlsson this year or until he stops being a diva and trying to be the offensive defensmen on the pairing.

Vlasic needs to stop doing burns things. I don't think burns can recreate things burns does. Vlasic just needs to go back to doing vlasic things, the things that got him paid, the things that got him selected for team canada, and the things that made every fan here think he was a top 5 defensive defensemen in the league.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
He won't be fired until the season is so far gone that it's barely salvageable. There's no way DW is happy with the product that's been put on the ice, he needs to cut his losses now.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Blues arec
I'm assuming Q lives full time in Chicago or maybe he's going back home to Canada. The biggest problem might be he doesn't want to move across the country and he'd rather just chill at home for the rest of the year. If the Blues were a better team he might take the job since it's closer to home.

Blues are a pretty good team...just rather banged up.

With so many decent coaches available or on expiring contracts now's the time to move on from DeBoer. I don't see a single reason to keep him. As assistent he'd be fine but as a head coach he's lost.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He won't be fired until the season is so far gone that it's barely salvageable. There's no way DW is happy with the product that's been put on the ice, he needs to cut his losses now.

That would be a mistake not only because of a lost season...Coaches are gonna sign elsewhee. They're not waiting for Wilson to finally make up his mind.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
That would be a mistake not only because of a lost season...Coaches are gonna sign elsewhee. They're not waiting for Wilson to finally make up his mind.

Coaches almost always get fired when it's pretty clear to literally everyone that their time is done. I'm hoping he's gone, I think Q would be happy to come to the sharks over the other teams that just let their coaches go.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
Doug Wilson has proven to be a copycat GM. Maybe he'll follow the current trend and fire the head coach. If he doesn't and the Sharks continue to struggle, it's a sign he has nothing riding on this season or the EK65 trade and that he'll probably be GM for life. Or at least until his son is ready to ascend to the throne.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Vlasic needs to stop doing burns things. I don't think burns can recreate things burns does. Vlasic just needs to go back to doing vlasic things, the things that got him paid, the things that got him selected for team canada, and the things that made every fan here think he was a top 5 defensive defensemen in the league.

As much as I would like to think that Vlasic's decline is all mental or about his attitude, I think something more substantive is going on.

I completely get what DeBoer did. Of course he is going to matchup Vlasic-Braun against McDavid; they are his shutdown pairing. All of us may feel that Vlasic-Braun has regressed tremendously, but DeBoer doesn't appear to be betting that way (for whatever reason). Heck, I'm not too fond of that pairing right now, but I can see how Ryan-Burns and Dillon-Karlsson would have more problems against McDavid.

The problem is with the players not executing. Vlasic is being paid $7 million for goodness' sake.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As much as I would like to think that Vlasic's decline is all mental or about his attitude, I think something more substantive is going on.

I completely get what DeBoer did. Of course he is going to matchup Vlasic-Braun against McDavid; they are his shutdown pairing. All of us may feel that Vlasic-Braun has regressed tremendously, but DeBoer doesn't appear to be betting that way (for whatever reason). Heck, I'm not too fond of that pairing right now, but I can see how Ryan-Burns and Dillon-Karlsson would have more problems against McDavid.

The problem is with the players not executing. Vlasic is being paid $7 million for goodness' sake.

I think that what DeBoer is doing hits a lot closer to home for every one of us. There isn’t one poster on here who think that they can play on the same ice as Vlasic or Braun, even in their god awful stretch of play. But a lot of us can see things like Burns/Ryan’s WOWY splits, the glaring issues on the PP, the terrible performance of the team when Dillon/Ryan get benched, and, right or wrong (almost certainly wrong), most of us feel like we could actually improve some things if we were in DeBoer’s position.

On top of that, there are actual professionals out there who are available and could improve on DeBoer. Replacing Vlasic is nowhere near as simple as replacing DeBoer.

On top of that, most of us are extremely unhappy with the play of Vlasic and Braun, as well as Martin Jones.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I have yet to see dw be this proactive so I don't think it's happening but I wouldn't be surprised to see the assistants replaced

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I also think this is why the barracuda needs a fresh staff. The sharks don't even have an interim option, they have to hire someone imediately

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think that what DeBoer is doing hits a lot closer to home for every one of us. There isn’t one poster on here who think that they can play on the same ice as Vlasic or Braun, even in their god awful stretch of play, but a lot of us can see things like Burns/Ryan’s WOWY splits, the glaring issues on the PP, and right or wrong (almost certainly wrong), most of us feel like we could actually improve some things in DeBoer’s position.

I have gripes with some of DeBoer's actions (for one, breaking up the Hertl-Couture-Meier line was puzzling). But, I can often guess at what he is trying to do...and of course, acknowledge that he is privy to a lot of information and pressures that I am not privy to. Just as an example, keeping Thornton-Pavelski together for so long was a bad decision...except that it may not have been DeBoer's decision. Long gone are the days where coaches had complete control over their teams. Thornton or even Pavelski have significant sway over their own deployment.

Plus, more than anything, a much bigger issue is with the players struggling. Joel Quenneville cannot improve Jones or rehabilitate Vlasic. Sure, he could play Ryan more (and Ryan often isn't making his case) or bench Melker Karlsson, but I don't think those are major issues.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I have gripes with some of DeBoer's actions (for one, breaking up the Hertl-Couture-Meier line was puzzling). But, I can often guess at what he is trying to do...and of course, acknowledge that he is privy to a lot of information and pressures that I am not privy to. Just as an example, keeping Thornton-Pavelski together for so long was a bad decision...except that it may not have been DeBoer's decision. Long gone are the days where coaches had complete control over their teams. Thornton or even Pavelski have significant sway over their own deployment.

Plus, more than anything, a much bigger issue is with the players struggling. Joel Quenneville cannot improve Jones or rehabilitate Vlasic. Sure, he could play Ryan more (and Ryan often isn't making his case) or bench Melker Karlsson, but I don't think those are major issues.
The first half of your post is basically bullshit and if it's not both Pete a d DW should be fired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad