Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Even a stopped (analog) clock is right twice a day.

Sharks are not playing up to expectations. Some may blame the goalie (and goalie coach), some may blame the D (and the defensive coach). Some may blame the new player who hasn't acclimated to SJ yet.

Some may just put the blame on the HC.

:dunno:

YMMV, but I don't see PDB getting fired YET.

(Now Q is "obviously" the best guy available, but what does he want? A few months off and a gig starting next season? A few weeks off and getting back into things? Plattner can afford the $5-6m/year it'll cost to get Q. But is that the way the team wants to go?)

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
This is our year. This could be it for a minute. 20 games into the season and I don’t feel like PDB is on board yet. If we can get Coach Q, I say we go for it. Swing for the fences.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
With the talent the Sharks have throughout the lineup they should not be bleeding high danger chances. A more conservative approach from defenseman not named Karlsson or Burns would be far more beneficial then prompting all 6 dmen to cheat for offense.

I only quoted a little part of your post but I think this is my biggest issue with PDB. He has told EVERYONE to jump into the play and try to score goals on the defense. we have 2 of the 3 best offensive D in the league and yet we have guys like Vlasic jumping up into the play...why? You can literally have 1 of Burns and Karlsson on the ice for 2/3 of the game...every game. Let those two carry the load and tell everyone else to f***ing buckle down and stop pinching. We give up so many odd man rushes because some non-offensive defenseman made a bad read, pinched, and now we get burned going the other way.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Change it up now and salvage the season! Our defensive and starting goalie play has been the worst I have ever seen this club play in years! No excuse that EK still has no goals on the season as well. Coach Q, come on down!

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Checked in on the Avs board and it sounds like Dater is actually pretty reliable and respected. Maybe there are some burning coals to go with this smoke.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I only quoted a little part of your post but I think this is my biggest issue with PDB. He has told EVERYONE to jump into the play and try to score goals on the defense. we have 2 of the 3 best offensive D in the league and yet we have guys like Vlasic jumping up into the play...why? You can literally have 1 of Burns and Karlsson on the ice for 2/3 of the game...every game. Let those two carry the load and tell everyone else to ****ing buckle down and stop pinching. We give up so many odd man rushes because some non-offensive defenseman made a bad read, pinched, and now we get burned going the other way.
even the best offensive dmen make bad pinches every single game. Right now the issue is that they arent getting support from the forwards and jones cant stop anything so it magnifies everything. I agree that Vlasic/Braun/Dilly should rarely pinch but it is necessary. The team D is shit because the forwards arent doing anything in the DZone and the defense isnt good enough to shut it down on their own

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
If it means Spott goes with him it'll be worth it. PDB has been a great upgrade over TMac but he's not irreplaceable.

Spott is quite possibly the worst assistant coach in the NHL.

So much this!

How is our PP so bad? And how does Spott still have a job?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Quennville is a solid coach, but for all the success he had in Chicago, remember the miserable failures he had in St. Louis and Colorado. He can succeed with the right roster, but there are coaches out there who could squeeze more juice from the fruit.

We have a very strong roster. We don’t need a Guy Boucher type who can “squeeze more juice from the fruit” and succeed with mediocre talent, we need a coach who can win a championship.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
#OneAndDoneCoach

PDB was the coach of the Devils for that infamous 2012 brawl at puck drop with the Rangers. He got played big time last night by the opposing coach. So did Goodrow, but Pete had no business sending him out there for the opening drop.

Probably why Bobcock makes $6.25m/yr and Pete doesn't.
Hah oh yeah that’s true. Torts bought right into it, he had Stu Bickel, a depth defenseman, take the opening face off lmao. Ryan Carter, Cam Janssen, Eric Boulton vs Sad Stu, Mike Rupp, Brandon Prust. So ridiculous.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Meh. Goodrow going at Kadri fired the team up. Toronto scored shortly after but San Jose played a high intensity period and scored 3 of the next 4 goals. The problem started when they couldn't sustain their style of play and started making tons of mistakes.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Meh. Goodrow going at Kadri fired the team up. Toronto scored shortly after but San Jose played a high intensity period and scored 3 of the next 4 goals. The problem started when they couldn't sustain their style of play and started making tons of mistakes.

This. It looked like they ran out of gas or something, it was strange.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if we somehow lose to Edmonton again in the playoffs this year, I may literally pull some of my hair.
Losing to a team coached by MacLoser Todd is embarrassing enough in itself. I gotta figure that Babcock didn't leave his house for months either of those times.:laugh:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Maybe I’m misunderstanding something...how exactly does this legitimize the Dater tweets?
It seems odd to me that he would mention possible coaching changes, especially unprovoked. I’m sure Gackle saw the rumor that Dater put out as well. Maybe I’m reaching, but it seems to add fuel to the fire.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
It seems odd to me that he would mention possible coaching changes, especially unprovoked. I’m sure Gackle saw the rumor that Dater put out as well. Maybe I’m reaching, but it seems to add fuel to the fire.
He was asking for questions from his followers, someone probably asked him about it?

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Interesting, I think we all knew this sort of unfolding would happen when Coach Q became available, everybody gets an honest look when theres somebody that good available. I definetly think DeBoer will continue to make his case, like last night it was a total set up, when does barclaw goodrow every take off opening face off?

I do agree with Doug, and I don't think its pete's fault. But we have an extremely offensive minded team now, and while winning by defense is great. It's always greater when you have an offense that can create storms instead of maybe kick a stone in a puddle.

Very interesting, looking to see what Pete will do in these up coming games.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Our “insiders” don’t get as much as the national media guys do. DW runs a pretty tight ship, but he definitely let’s stuff leak to the national sources. The KKurz, Gackle types don’t hear anything until it’s already done.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think he's just trying to get pete going before he actually pulls a trigger, but that would mean hes in talks with coach Quenneville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->