Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Dauphin Assigned to Tucson - Perlini called up

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Que the apologist's positive spin...

I don't know how someone could put a "positive" spin on this when DeAngelo's defense has been far superior to almost all the other Dmen.

Of course I'm unaware of Tippalytics and what I should be looking at. :laugh:

<you know of course that I was going to remove DeAngelo from the weekly prospect stats thinking he was done with AHL hockey...my bad>

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh yeah, I totally forgot it was DeAngelo that made us give up 60 shots. It's all his fault. Oh and Duclair! Those two are the reason this team is a mess! :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Oh yeah, I totally forgot it was DeAngelo that made us give up 60 shots. It's all his fault. Oh and Duclair! Those two are the reason this team is a mess! :laugh:

We play the majority of the game in our own zone because we can't generate consistent offense and he's blaming offensive guys for not playing defense. This is the coach we all knew we had and the guy our brilliant owners gave a half decade extension to after several years of dreadful play.

I guess I just need to move to the east valley and live where the "majority of fans live" to be more positive about this organization.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Dauphin rationale makes some half sense. If you're only using him as a 4th line plug, why not use Gaudet instead and let Dauphin have a more offensive role in Tucson. Of course, this is exactly why I wanted Crouse and Fischer playing in junior rather than burning a year of ELC, so I'm not sure why the logic wasn't applied across the board.
DeAngelo probably does need more work. Because he's a young player. He and Chychrun are two of the better dmen this year, and we're scratching or demoting them. Makes no sense. It's too bad the guy that doesn't believe in on the job training is in charge of the rebuild, but I'm sure he's going to change his ways now. All the apologists said so, after all....

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Can't say I disagree with the Dauphin move as it would be nice for him to develop an offensive touch like he had in juniors.

However, he didn't show much of any of that ability in the NHL.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Holland is just a warm body. If it gets Gaudet back to Tucson, I guess I'm okay with it.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
The Dauphin rationale makes some half sense. If you're only using him as a 4th line plug, why not use Gaudet instead and let Dauphin have a more offensive role in Tucson. Of course, this is exactly why I wanted Crouse and Fischer playing in junior rather than burning a year of ELC, so I'm not sure why the logic wasn't applied across the board.
DeAngelo probably does need more work. Because he's a young player. He and Chychrun are two of the better dmen this year, and we're scratching or demoting them. Makes no sense. It's too bad the guy that doesn't believe in on the job training is in charge of the rebuild, but I'm sure he's going to change his ways now. All the apologists said so, after all....

Can you explain how sending Dauphin or Crouse down to try and have them be complete players is good, but doing the same with DeAngelo doesn't? I get that DeAngelo is having a good offensive season here, but you've also said that you don't care about the record. You care about development.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I take the DeAngelo assignment meaning he was going to sit anyways so might as well have him play in A instead. I don't believe they can protect both Chychrun and DeAngelo which means only pair you can toss on ice if you play them both in crucial defensive situations is OEL and Murphy. Can't send Chychrun down otherwise he might be getting yo yo treatment as well.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can you explain how sending Dauphin or Crouse down to try and have them be complete players is good, but doing the same with DeAngelo doesn't? I get that DeAngelo is having a good offensive season here, but you've also said that you don't care about the record. You care about development.

Because the reward for being rather good on a crappy team shouldn't be demotion? Because unlike Crouse, Fischer, and Dauphin, DeAngelo has played professional (AHL) hockey already at a 45 point pace, and is currently on a 45 point pace in the NHL while not looking out of place on an offensively challenged team that supposedly places the highest value on transition (and sucks at it)?
If Crouse, Ficher, and Dauphin had prior positive experience in the AHL and were on pace for even 40 points as forwards while not looking out of place, I'd probably question their demotion, too.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Almost the whole team needs to work on its play away from the puck.

This is such a infuriating team to cheer for. Bad results. Same old excuses. And all the young future stars are getting Turrised yet Doan gets tons of ice time when he is regularly the worst player on the ice. Nobody can say the ice distribution is fair or justified.

A fantastic 3rd line centre is our #1 C, a 3rd line LW is the #2 centre. OEL looks depressed. The team is a wreck.

:cry:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I take the DeAngelo assignment meaning he was going to sit anyways so might as well have him play in A instead. I don't believe they can protect both Chychrun and DeAngelo which means only pair you can toss on ice if you play them both in crucial defensive situations is OEL and Murphy. Can't send Chychrun down otherwise he might be getting yo yo treatment as well.

That's what I thought too.
Because the reward for being rather good on a crappy team shouldn't be demotion? Because unlike Crouse, Fischer, and Dauphin, DeAngelo has played professional (AHL) hockey already at a 45 point pace, and is currently on a 45 point pace in the NHL while not looking out of place on an offensively challenged team that supposedly places the highest value on transition (and sucks at it)?
If Crouse, Ficher, and Dauphin had prior positive experience in the AHL and were on pace for even 40 points as forwards while not looking out of place, I'd probably question their demotion, too.
Doesn't really answer my question. You wanted Crouse to go down to round out his game (improve offense) but don't want DeAngelo to round out his game (improve defense) Sort of wonder if the issue isn't the move but the man making it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The question is are these players good enough to improve their game in the NHL and is playing again NHL talent better for their development? For both Crouse and DeAngelo I say YES. Of course if you factor in the disaster "developing" them it might be more of a debate.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That's what I thought too.

Doesn't really answer my question.

It does really answer your question. DeAngelo is playing at a high level in the NHL right now (or was until noon today). 45 points from a defenseman is extremely impressive. He also didn't look lost defensively, though of course as a young dman there is room to grow.
None of the other names are doing that. DeAngelo also played at a high level in professional hockey last year. None of the other names have done that. They should build their confidence at lower levels first.
That's the difference.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

It's not black and white. It's not we need to have all kids up or we need to have all the kids down. This things need to be evaluated on a situational, case by case basis, something Tippett seems very poor at doing successfully.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Doesn't really answer my question. You wanted Crouse to go down to round out his game (improve offense) but don't want DeAngelo to round out his game (improve defense) Sort of wonder if the issue isn't the move but the man making it.

DeAngelo isn't playing poorly defensively at all. That's the problem.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

DeAngelo is 21. Crouse is 19. Figure it out. There is a lot of change in 2 years of development.

It's a dumb move because Crouse cost of a 2nd instead of a 3rd. He had some slick moves last night that I feel he might have buried if he had another year in Junior to strictly focus on his offensive game. All I see is a wasted ELC year and a higher draft pick to have someone stay in the NHL that could use work in Junrio. DeAngelo is on a pace to score more than Reider and Martinook, as a defenseman. What in your mind makes you think he isn't ready for the NHL?

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
DeAngelo's 7 points in 11 games ranks him 14th in the NHL for Dman ppg

But he's not good enough to play guys, so settle down.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah. I'm still pissed Crouse is in the NHL. Dumb move. It's only because he checks Tippett's favorite "right now" boxes. He needs to be in junior refining his offensive game. Not playing the 4th line in the NHL for the league's worst team. Plus we lose 30 draft positions for no good reason.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's not black and white. It's not we need to have all kids up or we need to have all the kids down. This things need to be evaluated on a situational, case by case basis, something Tippett seems very poor at doing successfully.

Yet posters here know better than those who spend nearly everyday with them? :shakehead

Feb 12, 2003
Send them all down to the AHL, at least there would be a team worth cheering for! Crouse & Chychrun have to stay in the NHL but they could send Dvorak, Domi, Duclair, and Martinook down without clearing waivers. Let them destroy the AHL.

I know that is not realistic, but I have a hard time following this team anymore. I'm becoming more of a lurker to see if something has changed and I just get more discouraged when I see this team circling the drain. I've never been less interested in paying money to go watch the team play.

If Tip was fired and Playfair was not named his successor, I would probably buy a pack of tickets for the remainder of the season the very next day.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
He'll show very well in his first two games, then fall off, and we'll scratch or demote him after taking him out of his groove. It's how Tippett works.

I hope early enthusiasm enables him to show well, then he'll have a better idea of what he needs to work on.

It's just how it works sometimes, DT or no DT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad