Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Dauphin Assigned to Tucson - Perlini called up

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's been much better than I expected, actually. If we deal Stone, I imagine he's over 50% to stay. Otherwise, I think he's more likely to go back down if we continue losing. Just a hunch. Still, I'm impressed so far. He's looking a lot more polished than I expected. I'm usually harder on young d than the forwards.

He's not going down. You send down rookies so they can fix deficiencies or play significant minutes. DeAngelo has no glaring deficiencies and is playing significant minutes on the team. He stays.

Can one of the apologists explain what glaring deficiencies popped up in his time here in the last week or two?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Our team is a joke. The roadrunners have been struggling lately so I like them sending some help down there. Deangelo stepped up fine when there was an injury and will be back up when there is another one.

But that isn't how Tippet claims to work. Your play earns you a spot. He played more than well enough to stay on the team and DT doesn't give two ***** about the AHL team, so he isn't doing this to help them out.

So far DVO played well, much better than some expected. He was sent down. Deangelo plays well, really well. He gets sent down.

His decisions no longer make sense.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Can one of the apologists explain what glaring deficiencies popped up in his time here in the last week or two?

As in " apologizing for Tippet's head coaching"? Tippett is not the major problem here. Fire him or not, I'm arguing that the rebuild is a failure at this point and we need a roster overhaul.

I'm as confused by this move as you are. D'Angelo is one of two bright spots for the Coyotes this year. I can only hope that it is to create temporary roster space for acquiring talent for a future draft pick.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Honestly, other than potentially upsetting them; I'm fine with this. Send Dvorak down too. Then let Dave and his good guy squad turtle, execute and try their way to yet another disaster of a season.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
As in " apologizing for Tippet's head coaching"? Tippett is not the major problem here. Fire him or not, I'm arguing that the rebuild is a failure at this point and we need a roster overhaul.

How on earth can the rebuild be a failure already? We're only in year one so I hear...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Honestly, other than potentially upsetting them; I'm fine with this. Send Dvorak down too. Then let Dave and his good guy squad turtle, execute and try their way to yet another disaster of a season.

Basically why I haven't wanted Perlini up. I'm more worried about a stupid trade than DeAngelo being demoted, but it just shows the pattern hasn't changed. "The best players play" isn't true. "Tippett's players play".

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Analytics

I was told this was the first year of the build. You mean to tell me that numbers ruined the team assembled in the summer in under 25 games? And you're ready to give up that quickly? Wait, isn't Tippett an advocate for analytics?

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I was told this was the first year of the build. You mean to tell me that numbers ruined the team assembled in the summer in under 25 games? And you're ready to give up that quickly? Wait, isn't Tippett an advocate for analytics?

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

:laugh:

Not only an advocate, but the man created his own kind of analytics. Our team is based off of his analytics. His ego must be hurting right now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I wood like to see Perlini get owned at the NHL level.

Well, I woodn't like it, but it's what I think wood happen.

Let's give him a taste and send him back down, to come up and stay next year. He needs to play some up here to get the idea what he needs to improve.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He scores players on Tippalytics. That determines where he plays you. This is what we've ended up with. Our most talented players are desperately trying to raise their Tippalytic report card score, and the team looks like ass. Our skilled players languish or are demoted off the team because "getting the puck deep and establishing our forecheck" scores higher than puck possession.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
"All right guys, I've crunched the numbers and while our good guy index remains high, it appears that our execution variance, lots of try vertices, icing matrix, and turtling logistics have all gone down. If you won't address these deficiencies, I'll get others in here who will"

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So Perlini can play fourth line minutes with White and Gaudet and Wood's skating and decision making can be exposed? That'll do wonders for their confidence and development...

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Called it last night. DeAngelo led the rush on a couple of occasions and took it upon himself to start some offense because nobody else was doing it. Here's your smack in the face proof of what happens when you defy prevent defense.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Called it last night. DeAngelo led the rush on a couple of occasions and took it upon himself to start some offense because nobody else was doing it. Here's your smack in the face proof of what happens when you defy prevent defense.

Yandle would have never made it under DT if he was just starting out. Initiative and creativity are heavily punished.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Creating unheard of levels of apathy from even the most hardcore fans. Coyotes 2.0!

Honestly, last week I was sitting around thinking I might be "growing out" of being a hockey fan or something, since I can barely even manage to watch the games lately.

Then I put on a New York game, and thought it was a blast to watch. I'm not losing interest in hockey, I'm just losing interest in the Coyotes, because of our horribly boring, outdated playing style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad