Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Dauphin Assigned to Tucson - Perlini called up

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
But hell, I'll go for your development thing anyway. Sure it takes time to develop players, don't see anyone arguing that.

Toronto is a great example right now of how to begin developing your talent. Babcock is giving them a fair amount of free reign to play their natural game. Sure, they make mistakes, but it's all part of the learning curve. They go out there next shift and continue playing their game. Make a mistake under Dave Tippett, and you're riding the pine for the rest of the night. What better way to develop young talent than to bench their ***** because they turned the puck over, right? It creates an immense amount of pressure on a developing player when he knows as soon as he jumps over the boards, he can't make an error, or his night is basically done. Tippett is straight up destroying any confidence our kids may have had, and the results are showing.

Remember last year when he got off to a hot start like Toronto? We were in a playoff spot for like half the season last year. Let's see where Toronto finishes the season at. Also it's not like Babcock hasn't reduced ice time when players aren't playing well. Nylander was bumped down for awhile. Some games Marners minutes have been reduced...

DeAngelo was still getting solid minutes after turnovers, Domi nearly gave CBJ the win in OT, he was back out shortly after.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I had this discussion with my wife and some friends last night. I'm THIS close to waking away for good. I've watched almost every single game since their first season. I got a VCR with a timer for my bedroom for Christmas their 2nd season so dinner time with my parents and brother didn't cut into game time. I was a sixth grader. I literally said last night that I hope the team just folds so I can give up more easily.

It's not just Tippett. It's that the owners are so stupid they gave him the promotion and extension. The judgement that demonstrates makes the outlook of this franchise hopeless.

Similar here. I was 9 when the team came, and in the past even with school, work, sports, social commitments, whatever, I'd find a way to watch almost every game. I'm not done with the franchise yet though. I'm not even done with the season. It's more that watching the coyotes went from "free time activity of choice", to "if I have nothing else I want to do", or "if I need to do house work or cooking and have something on to half watch".

Anyone else reeling this way I'd highly recommend Wednesday night rivalry night on nbcsn. Great hockey.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
DeAngelo was still getting solid minutes after turnovers, Domi nearly gave CBJ the win in OT, he was back out shortly after.

Domi's on pace for 60+ points. Dino Dave's geriatric ass couldn't even come up with an excuse to bench him or send him down, even if he wanted to.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
DeAngelo just got demoted after a few mistakes. Probably not your best example. Babcock is letting his kids play through their mistakes on a level you can't compare to Tippett. Sorry. And again with your argument toward their record potentially faltering -- I don't care about our record except that we're obviously attempting to win games rather than develop, and we're terrible at both.
This is a terrible product resisting any investment into improvement because it might be a short term pain.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Perlini gets a cup of coffee with the team. He's earned it. Looking forward to watching him on Monday.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So who comes up???

Perlini and Wood?

Not sure anyone will come up. Tucson is in a tailspin since the Cunningham incident, so maybe the thinking is to get a couple of players to Tucson that did not witness that horrible scene. :dunno:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Similar here. I was 9 when the team came, and in the past even with school, work, sports, social commitments, whatever, I'd find a way to watch almost every game. I'm not done with the franchise yet though. I'm not even done with the season. It's more that watching the coyotes went from "free time activity of choice", to "if I have nothing else I want to do", or "if I need to do house work or cooking and have something on to half watch".

Anyone else reeling this way I'd highly recommend Wednesday night rivalry night on nbcsn. Great hockey.

Oh my God, I finally just noticed your avatar! That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Nylander was bumped down for awhile. Some games Marners minutes have been reduced...

But are they constantly getting benched? Playing under 10 minutes a game? They're getting minutes on the special teams, they're playing under all situations for the best of their development. They're going out there shift after shift playing to their own personal strengths, things you simply do not see with our kids.

DeAngelo was still getting solid minutes after turnovers

And look where he is now..

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
DeAngelo just got demoted after a few mistakes. Probably not your best example. Babcock is letting his kids play through their mistakes on a level you can't compare to Tippett. Sorry. And again with your argument toward their record potentially faltering -- I don't care about our record except that we're obviously attempting to win games rather than develop, and we're terrible at both.
This is a terrible product resisting any investment into improvement because it might be a short term pain.

Exactly!

When ridiculous diehards like us are beginning to question our commitment going forward, yikes!

I'll say it again. The record right now does not matter at all. What matters is whether or not the future of this team are progressing. If players that are expected to still be here in 2 years are sitting in favour of players who are on one year contracts, while our goalie is getting shelled for 70 shots all to try to get a single point! Tippett has lost the plot.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Domi's on pace for 60+ points. Dino Dave's geriatric ass couldn't even come up with an excuse to bench him or send him down, even if he wanted to.
Player playing well gets minutes. Player not playing well (Duke) doesn't get minutes. What is tipp doing!?

I thought we all knew that there was going to be a lot more movement between the NHL and AHL this year? I was expecting players to come up for a little bit then get sent down. DeAngelo will probably be back again, and if Stone is traded he'll probably be fulltime.

The point of the record is that their young players are playing really well right now. Let's see when they go on a losing streak how many minutes they get. 4

How is having 9 players 23 and under avoiding short term pain?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Our AHL team is in Tucson for this very reason. Dvo has been down a couple of times and right back up, same as Gaudet. No big deal. You guys b---- and moan about everything.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
With Perlini up I wonder if Duclair gets a seat in press box.

DeAngelo will be back soon. Too much talent to keep out of lineup. Stone's days are numbered.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Our AHL team is in Tucson for this very reason. Dvo has been down a couple of times and right back up, same as Gaudet. No big deal. You guys b---- and moan about everything.

Dvo got nine minutes last night in a game that went to OT. He's only here because of an injury to Richardson. Give me a break.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Perlini gets a cup of coffee with the team. He's earned it. Looking forward to watching him on Monday.

There are moments when you shouldn't recall a prospect no matter how well he plays.
I could be wrong but I just feel that a full AHL-season is what Perlini needs now. Why would you wanna risk the development of one of your top prospects by trying to force him into a losing NHL squad.

Again. I could be wrong. But it's just too much of a risk. Perlini to me clearly is no Dvorak. We've seen it so many times in the NHL...even top prospects often need a full AHL-season to learn how to play against men.

DeAngelo is a different story. He's got AHL-experience and he's proved to be NHL-ready. There's nothing to learn for him in the AHL other than maybe winning.

To be blunt and honest, I don't like the demotion of De Angelo but I'm really sceptical about the Perlini recall. This move could backfire...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
To be blunt and honest, I don't like the demotion of De Angelo but I'm really sceptical about the Perlini recall. This move could backfire...

Same. Said it several times in the past few weeks. He is gaining confidence in Tucson. Playing him fourth line minutes on a line with White and Gaudet or bounced in and out of the lineup isn't going to help his development.

He'll show very well in his first two games, then fall off, and we'll scratch or demote him after taking him out of his groove. It's how Tippett works.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I look forward to seeing what he does to Clayton Keller. Pure skill, very flashy player. Let's watch Tippett try and turn him into Tobias Rieder.

Tobias Rieder and his agent don't even like Tippett's version of Tobias Rieder.

Can't wait to see Perlini in a checking role! :sarcasm:

I'm even more excited to hear Tippett's BS reason for sending DeAngelo down and the apologists strong agreement with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00