Movies: DC Universe

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Batman: Ninja was hot garbage. I thought Gotham By Gaslight was better. They even butchered the Judas Contract. The DCAU has nosedived since they tried having somewhat of a continuity.

I thought Superman and Wonder Woman being together in one movie and then suddenly Superman being with Lois Lane in the next was a bit confusing. I know The Death of Superman was sort of accurate to the comic book version but it just felt off.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I loved Batman Ninja :laugh: but that stuff is already my thing sooo.

But damn please hard reboot this thing. If they still try and do Flashpoint it will be even more of a wreck. That movie was already undeserving of trying to be made this early but they've been f***ing up since the beginning.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Thank the lord Affleck is done as Batman.

Sad to see Cavill go - but the Rock as Superman would make too much sense.

I hope for Batman they don't choose Hamm or some other older guy.
The Rock is already playing Black Adam in the DCEU and is appearing in the Shazam! movie.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven't the DC animated films been kind of viewed as massive swings and misses as well as of late?

Pretty much. And DC usually destroys Marvel with their animated stuff.

They even screwed up "Batman: The Killing Joke" which I thought was impossible as it's one of the best Batman stories

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
How about Josh Brolin as the next Batman?

Josh-Brolin-Batman-Dceu-Why-He-Said-No.jpg

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Tool old. Unless they do a live action version of The Dark Knight Returns.

Robert Downey Jr is 3 years older than Brolin. Nobody is saying he's too old to play Ironman

And Brolin is only 4 years older than Affleck

I like the idea of Batman being the elder statesman among the Justice League

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 and 2 were good as well. The theme song alone makes it worth watching:

"You don't get it, son. This isn't a mudhole... It's an operating table. And I'm the surgeon."

This is legit my favorite superhero movie of all-time, including the ones with real actors.

It's just so freaking good.I always watch the two parts back to back as one single movie, which makes it 148 minutes of pure awesomeness.A masterpiece.

Peter Weller was perfect as Batman's voice too.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Marvel set the foundation for their universe well with Iron Man and Captain America (and to a lesser extent Thor). DC didn't set the foundation well at all with Batman or Superman, who are kind of important characters in that universe. I don't think there's any way to save it short of just pulling the plug and starting over. I don't think focusing on Supergirl (which already has a TV series), or any of the other smaller characters they have rumored is going to do much if they can't get the main characters set up properly. I don't know how they'd shoehorn Wonder Woman or Aquaman (if it's any good) into a new universe though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-convenient-guide-through-dcs-wild-and-uncertain-film-1829037379

Good article that looks at the craziness of the DCEU and beyond. So not only is there the above mentioned Joker but DC is planning a solo Joker movie with the Leto version along with a Joker vs Harley Quinn movie with Leto and a second Suicide Squad one that would focus more on the Joker as the bad guy.

Confirmed movies that are in the DCEU
Aquaman (December 21 2018)
Shazam! (April 5 2019)
Wonder Woman 1984 (November 2019)
Flash (maybe 2020)
The Batman (no release date)
Black Adams (no date yet)

Further off with no dates or might never be made but are still on DC/Warner radar
Supergirl
Batgirl
Green Lantern Corps.
Cyborg (release is not sure)
Birds of Prey (Margo Robbie's Harley would be part of it)
Gotham City Sirens (Robbie again this time with Catwoman and Poison Ivy)
Nightwing
Justice League Dark
New Gods (would be a different branch of the DCEU)

And finally, outside the DCEU there is Speilberg potentially developing movies about the WW2 era Blackhawks and also outside the DCEU would be Booster Gold.

talk about messed up planning etc.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Anybody buy the DC Universe app? Thinking about it for BTAS but also thinking about just buying the box set as that’d be the only thing I’m mostly interested in....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad