Movies: DC Universe

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The heavy rumors is that Reed and Sue will already have kid in the movie, so they wouldn't be "that" young but not necessarily older.

DC is getting rebooted, James Gunn has confirmed it.
If they have a kid then that would change thingsZ. As far as I can recall I don’t think Blunt has ever been in a sequel movie that she starred in. Same with Krasinksi. Think these 2 are more fans personal choices. But up to Marvel where they want to go. But F4 is a key property and they need to nail it.

As for DC, have no choice but to reboot. It’s just a total mess right now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rewatched Man of Steel (2013) late last night. Honestly never understood the criticisms of this one. What didn't people like. Zod had believable motivations, the backstory and lore of Krypton was super cool, Clark's character arc made a lot of sense, and I really liked how the first half of the movie was centered around how humanity would respond to a Superman coming from another planet. The back half was a little too much CGI fighting and blue beams of death light destroying everything but no major complaints outside of that.

8/10 superhero movie for me

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
It was decent, and the best of the DC movies in my eyes.... but no way in hell does a real Jonathon Kent tell Clark "maybe you should have let them die" after he saves the schoolbus and the resulting fallout.

I liked how the portrayed how beings like the Kryptonians would actually fight and look to us, the speed, the blurs, etc.

Reactions: Jussi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It was decent, and the best of the DC movies in my eyes.... but no way in hell does a real Jonathon Kent tell Clark "maybe you should have let them die" after he saves the schoolbus and the resulting fallout.

I liked how the portrayed how beings like the Kryptonians would actually fight and look to us, the speed, the blurs, etc.
People over reacted to that line. I saw it as a thinking out loud sort of moment that he said half heartedly, as if to acknowledge that even as he said it he knew it was ridiculous. But even so the reasoning behind him saying it would make some sort of sense, letting the world know that a godly man has arrived on planet earth would be a radical change for the world. The implications of that would shatter everything we previously thought about ourselves and the universe.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looks like some casting favorites for Superman: Legacy are coming out:

* Superman/Clark Kent: David Corenswet
* Lois Lane: Rachel Brosnahan
* Lex Luthor: Nicholas Hoult

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looks like some casting favorites for Superman: Legacy are coming out:

* Superman/Clark Kent: David Corenswet
* Lois Lane: Rachel Brosnahan
* Lex Luthor: Nicholas Hoult
Born in 1993, so 30 in 2023. 6'4 is his listed height. Basically the same age as Cavill was when he signed on. His first Superman movie was released in 2013 and Henry was born in 1983.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Born in 1993, so 30 in 2023. 6'4 is his listed height. Basically the same age as Cavill was when he signed on. His first Superman movie was released in 2013 and Henry was born in 1983.
He looks the part and is the right age. I just hope they cast an American in the role. I think Brosnahan looks like a natural fit also. She's a touch older but not enough to be an issue. I'm indifferent on Hoult.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Superman actor seems fine. Never seen his work. Looks the part and seems to have a build to pack on muscle.
Lois Lane - never seen her work. Lane is supposed to be a go getter, career oriented reporter. She seems fine.
Luthor - actor seems too young. Probably seen his work as a much younger actor, but I always figure Luthor to be about a decade older than Superman. So, if Superman is supposed to be late 20's then Luthor would be mid to late 30's. Luthor has super intelligent, so he'd finish business school earlier, but still, figure it would still take time to build his mass wealth and influence.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I wish there was some way they can work Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor into the James Gunn DC universe with the re-shuffling of the universes in the Flash.

He's IMO the best live-action Lex, has worked with Gunn before (in GOTG), and his age and looks fit in with a 30 year old Superman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad