Days since Sens Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Hey, just a Canucks fan seeking some info. Are the coaches really as bad as the players made it out to seem? From a game perspective or is it more so how the team is built?

Second, do you think this puts pressure on management to fire the coaches and would you want it to? Just because it can be seen as proof that the guys arent really taking them seriously?
Well we must remember they were one game away from the stanley cup finals but that was before we traded all players and they dumped salaries.
I think the coaches are not as creative as they should be. Boucher doesn't seem to be the most approachable coach and he has never played in the NHL. He seems to rule more by iron fist and mind games with players.
I think many are unsure where they stand and all his assistants are ok, not stellar by any means.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Why the hell was the Warren thread completely deleted?

Because there is a delete-happy mod on this board running around with a poll-hammer, stopping the having of fun in the name of integrity and relevance to the current iteration of the Senators. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Because there is a delete-happy mod on this board running around with a poll-hammer, stopping the having of fun in the name of integrity and relevance to the current iteration of the Senators. Just my opinion.

Might also be a directive from the global mods, or ownership of the page. From what I've seen, our local mods are pretty chill (especially after this summer of discontent).

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
And now someone is creating burner accounts to attack The Citizen on Twitter.

Haven't seen a number of our favorite posters in a while . . .

Reactions: Acidrain66

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Yah, that thread disappeared while I was reading it. And now the news about the Melnyk troll farm.

Explains a few posters on this forum. I called it .

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Wow....I really hope it was just some dumb kid going for a joke, and not an organized thing.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m personally not impressed with the Ottawa Citizen over Ubergate but burner accounts?

Your Ottawa Senators, the team that makes it hard to like them. Why? Just because.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I cant wait until years from now when the tell all behind the scenes book of this era comes out.

As sad and dysfunctional as it obviously is it's probably much worse behind closed doors.

Mean Gene Brokerlund has really outdone himself.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why the hell was the Warren thread completely deleted?

Honestly, I think this is a question that deserves an open explanation.

For it to just... disappear like that? It's not like nobody noticed. It was like 20+ pages long, with dozens of participants, and nothing within it was against HF's rules.

We were discussing news articles from established national news syndicates. No one was saying anything libelous, or legally incriminating in any way, or in any way breaking HFBOARDS terms or policies. Some of the discussion between a few posters was slightly contentious, but absolutely nothing out of the ordinary around here.

There was no reason whatsoever to turf that thread.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018

@lynngevansm @aubreychildres8 @swayzecasaresty are 3 of them. Seem solely dedicated to getting the article pulled. All joined this month, all 20 something female profile photos. People are identifying them pretty quickly.

Who does this? Creating burner accounts to get a video pulled that everyone who wanted to see has seen? This video would have been ancient news by now were it not for the Sens org actions themselves.

this spat with the newspaper is not a smart move. They need to use the media as a tool but they are fighting with it. Bettman & co. must be getting very tired of watching all this by now. Nothing has changed unfortunately since last year and its clear what needs to happen.

Reactions: FlyingJ

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
In fairness, the Traikos article did state that the Sens were the only NHL team still letting reporters on their charters. Nobody seems to be calling out all the other teams for censoring the media.

But burner accounts. Holy crap. Hopefully it’s just a misguided fan. If the team was responsible, whoever did that should be let go.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
In fairness, the Traikos article did state that the Sens were the only NHL team still letting reporters on their charters. Nobody seems to be calling out all the other teams for censoring the media.

But burner accounts. Holy crap. Hopefully it’s just a misguided fan. If the team was responsible, whoever did that should be let go.
People aren't calling out the team for not having reporters on their plane because they STILL DO. Team shill Garrihack still gets a seat.

They are upset that the team is punishing a reporter who didn't post the story or decide go keep the video up. Most would have accepted the decision if they had acted in a professional manner and informed Warren the day before that he would have to find his own way, but instead they were petty and vindictive and gave no warning while leaving him at the gate.

Most fans are incredulous that the organization is so inept that they have managed to give the story new legs.

The troll farm on twitter is just more of the same.

The embarrassment will continue to pile up as long as Eugene is part of this organization.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It would have been a lot more acceptable if they simply chose to not allow all reporters rather than just Warren.
But the comments about EM going after Brent Wallace last year are very discouraging.
Whatever happened to the new ownership/partnership? It can’t come soon enough.
Fans no longer defending Melnyk in the misguided belief they are defending the Sens can't come soon enough either and would be helpful in forcing Melnyk out.

Last edited:

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
@casaresty seems to also be on youtube as Catherine Rodriguez, Dalia Kessler, Loise Price and Shakira Doyle (who violated YouTube's terms and conditions).

She seems to like video games and hacking phones...and apparently Eugene Melnyk.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So great to have an owner that hides and takes sucker shots..Instead of standing up like a man and admit this whole stupid course of events is totally on him ....

Reactions: Sensung

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There is no chance that this is related to the organization. That is possibly the least professional hack job of all time. I mean, if it came from the team it would have to be from a brand new intern or something...

There is just no way that professional hire would OK something as pathetically obvious as that. It looks like the work of an 11 year old.

Oh man, every time I get a glimpse of Twitter on here it makes me shudder, what trash. Except for the Vids that SOA posts, those are great, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad