Confirmed with Link: David Quinn Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If Dolan is deciding to take a more active role with the Rangers, do you really think there is any change the Rangers go with someone who is not a "name" coach?
Probably the best "no name " coach in Canada and possibly the US , and who has turned down many offers to go pro would be this guy . He could call any organization in the NHL and have an assistant job or an AHL job whenever he wanted . However....he has no interest in the pro ranks it seems . His sister is a friend of mine and I have asked her about him before . Gardiner MacDougall

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There's part of me that could see a scenario where Knoblauch is treated like Drury was and maybe replaces our next coach. As strange as that is to type.
I would think that they would want to avoid the "3 coaches in 2 years" event. Or 3 coaches in 4 years.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Right now I think we're getting someone with some name recognition. Whether that guy can also be the "over the hump" coach remains to be seen.

Is it name recognition for marketing purposes (even to Dolan) or because last time we got a coach from college and that didn't work out?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
At the time it was a good move. Quinn did a good job here. All head coaches have a shelf life and Quinn's was up. He took us as far as he could in very unprecedented times. If Dury keeps Quinn for next season and they have a 3-6-1 start people would be screaming that he should have been fired in the last off-season. It's better this way.

Quinn falls under the Dave Hakstol category. Couldn't find the right mix of motivating vets with NCAA kids.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Anyone surprised we haven't received a public statement from DQ? We got one from J.D. We got one from Gorton. Nothing so far from the former head coach who from the reports went through an "amicable" parting of ways.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Gotta give him some credit: Kakko should probably be top 10 for the Selke (won't be) and that's amazing.

The problem is that he did that and then kept getting benched.

I would love to see Kakko have similar strengths to Kurri in the sense that he can provide high-end offense and still be a perennial Selke candidate.

Of course that means keeping him on the f***ing ice instead of Colin Crutches Blackwell.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Where's Gorton's statement?

I feel like it's not quite as customary for a coach to issue a statement.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

14 years tossed away for missing an arbitrary deadline. Even though I thought DQ deserved another season to show some more, I get firing the coach. But I am still not over JG and JD. Maybe JG moreso, even though I personally go back even further with JD, as a fan. Either way, even if there are some justifications, this past couple weeks don’t sit well with me, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad