Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Fair point. I just see it as odd that they needed DK back to beat a team that has under performed most of the season, but I think you're right.

With all the heat they’re under with blowing leads they had to do everything possible to get that win last night. It was almost a must win type of game actually. Imagine what it would be like here today if they lost

Reactions: LSCII

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Weird game from DK last night. Thought he looked rusty early on and was fighting the puck most of the evening, but he did score a game winning goal and set up another, so the stats didn't back up the actual level of play, which was kind of off. Maybe it was the time off or adjusting to playing with different guys, but he looked a little lost out there at times. Solid finish though, so I give him full credit.

I also thought it was strange that he returned right before they go on break. Seems like it would have been a good idea to give him the extra rest and really let him heal up given how he's getting older and his importance to the team for the playoffs.

I thought that, too. I posted in the GDT that he made multiple decisions that were either questionable or poor (one of was that completely telegraphed pass that was picked off in the defensive zone - lucky there was no goal) but the points certainly helped. More multi-point nights would be even better.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I thought that, too. I posted in the GDT that he made multiple decisions that were either questionable or poor (one of was that completely telegraphed pass that was picked off in the defensive zone - lucky there was no goal) but the points certainly helped. More multi-point nights would be even better.

I assume you mean the bad pass across the defensive zone by the point that was easily intercepted? But yeah, the points mattered, so great, I guess...lol

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Expect an extension after next season

2/10 my guess after expansion draft

sneaky in phenomenal condition

I'd love to see that deal happen. However, I get the feeling he might retire after this one expires.

If he doesn't retire, wonder if he'd look to sign with Carolina where his wife is from and he has his offseason home.

One of the sneaky best body of work in a Bruins uniform guys. I'll be sad to see him go whenever that is.

Reactions: BMC and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I keyed on Krejci at the game to see what I’m not seeing about this guy Needing to be traded offseason

he looked pretty outstanding last night could have had 6 points

not seeing what the experts here see

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I dunno why anyone would take the whole 'trade krejci to win the cup' theory seriously. He's the second line center. Who the hell is gonna replace him right now? Much as I like Coyle, I don't see him as a true second line center yet. Maybe he never will be.

You keep Krech as long as you have a cup window. The moment that fully shuts (which may be after this season, if we're being honest with ourselves) then you decide what to do with him. Anything else would be foolishness. Studnicka's not in the lineup yet, and until he starts forcing the team's hand I'm not comfortable with losing a center.

Reactions: BMC and BAD BOY

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I keyed on Krejci at the game to see what I’m not seeing about this guy Needing to be traded offseason

I think it begins and ends with DK doesn't play the crash em bash em high paced game. Some people think if you aren't alwasy appearing to put out intense effort you're just a coaster -- and as such don't really care if you win or lose.

It's like watching men's US soccer. High paced, pressure, intense, go go go. It's all great until you face a team that can actually move the ball around in tight areas. Pretty soon the crashem bashem guys are lagging with their tongues hanging out and down 3-0.

Not saying high intensity, pressure style players aren't really effective. But if everyone on your team does that all the time, things aren't going to go well.

Reactions: Chief Nine

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Krejci for me, is a case of asset management.

Its not about his level of play, because there's no complaint there, but if the bruins lose Krug this off -season to Free Agency and net no return, then turn around and lose Krejci the following year and they net no return, all without winning a Cup, it would be bad asset management.

As a Gm you need to know when to pull the trigger on certain players, whether their home town favorites or not. Coyle is more than capable of filling the 2nd line center role and then you have Studnicka/ frederic or they could address the 3rd line center role through free-agency.

Krejci still has value and the Bruins could still get a nice haul for him this off season and they have replacements in hand and they'll free up cap space to bring in more help. Sweeney needs to see where Krejci value is out-there this off season and if someone offers up a nice return, send him packing.

Last edited:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Given #46 is is my long time favorite and one of the all time most underrated Bruins it pains me to write this but you are right

Assets management of aging players is key to how a team stays competitive ( see Patriots -Bill) ...in the case of Krejci if the right set of assets is coming back ( picks and or young cost controlled players) you have to think long and hard about doing this

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it would be good asset management for the Bruins to keep Krejci, and possibly resign him to a short-term deal to finish out his career. He provides solid play and stability while the team transitions to the next generation. 2-3 years down the line Studnicka and Frederic should be coming into their own, while Bergy presumably is still going strong and Coyle as well. Then you have the wild card prospects of whom you never really know which ones will hit and maybe hit big: Hall, JFK, Steen.

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Me neither and you know me, always at the ready to hammer DK on the interwebz:laugh:

Have to be honest, while there has most definitely been a few games he isn`t noticeable, there also isn`t a NHL player who doesn`t go through that and I have had little to moan about when it comes to DK over the last 1.5 years or so.

I know what it`s like trying to create chemistry with new employees when they jump on board at the restaurant which very much requires a "team" effort. You just build a chemistry and learn how to work with each other, feed of one another`s strengths and weaknesses and DK has had a turnstile of wingers for seemingly forever the last few years, done a great job and never bit*** about it

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Me neither and you know me, always at the ready to hammer DK on the interwebz:laugh:

Have to be honest, while there has most definitely been a few games he isn`t noticeable, there also isn`t a NHL player who doesn`t go through that and I have had little to moan about when it comes to DK over the last 1.5 years or so.

I know what it`s like trying to create chemistry with new employees when they jump on board at the restaurant which very much requires a "team" effort. You just build a chemistry and learn how to work with each other, feed of one another`s strengths and weaknesses and DK has had a turnstile of wingers for seemingly forever the last few years, done a great job and never bit*** about it

I don't really see many games where Krejci isn't noticeable. That's a big part of the abuse he takes.

When he's not playing well (offensively), its noticeable. He holds the puck too long. Makes poor choices with the puck, slows the game down when his line mates want to go, doesn't shoot enough.

But right now, the guy is +20. Tied with Marchand, who plays with Bergeron and Pasta. The next highest plus/minus forward after those 4 guys is Heinen (+7). Which means no matter what wingers he's saddled with, he's getting the job done.

Reactions: Kalus

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't really see many games where Krejci isn't noticeable. That's a big part of the abuse he takes.

When he's not playing well (offensively), its noticeable. He holds the puck too long. Makes poor choices with the puck, slows the game down when his line mates want to go, doesn't shoot enough.

But right now, the guy is +20. Tied with Marchand, who plays with Bergeron and Pasta. The next highest plus/minus forward after those 4 guys is Heinen (+7). Which means no matter what wingers he's saddled with, he's getting the job done.
yep, as you have likely noticed, there were a few years there where I was real tough on DK and while there were likely times where he wasn`t nearly as bad as I was making him out to be, I found he`d go 10-12 games looking totally disinterested, his D play wasn`t as focused etc...can`t say that over the last few years, he`s one of those players who, as the game gets quicker, he`ll remain relevant as he is simply so intelligent

He makes those around him better, has quietly put together an exceptional resume

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
yep, as you have likely noticed, there were a few years there where I was real tough on DK and while there were likely times where he wasn`t nearly as bad as I was making him out to be, I found he`d go 10-12 games looking totally disinterested, his D play wasn`t as focused etc...can`t say that over the last few years, he`s one of those players who, as the game gets quicker, he`ll remain relevant as he is simply so intelligent

He makes those around him better, has quietly put together an exceptional resume

Just curious, have you ever compared those times you thought he appeared disinterested to the now known nagging injuries (two hips, a knee and a back. Plus a couple of concussions and a shoulder). I only ask because I genuinely feel he was playing through undisclosed injuries and discomfort during most of those stretches that get labeled as disinterested. It would explain why he has looked better for last couple of seasons, he's been healthy.

David is a very humble and private individual who has NEVER used an ailment as an excuse.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
He might be better than Bergeron at this point (Bergy has lost a step and is not putting up a ton of points considering who he plays with)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think it would be good asset management for the Bruins to keep Krejci, and possibly resign him to a short-term deal to finish out his career. He provides solid play and stability while the team transitions to the next generation. 2-3 years down the line Studnicka and Frederic should be coming into their own, while Bergy presumably is still going strong and Coyle as well. Then you have the wild card prospects of whom you never really know which ones will hit and maybe hit big: Hall, JFK, Steen.

I agree he would be a good mentor for Studnicka & Frederic. He brings a different perspective as he isn't a north/south kind of center, more east/west.

A very underrated and underappreciated player. It will be a sad day when he retires.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just curious, have you ever compared those times you thought he appeared disinterested to the now known nagging injuries (two hips, a knee and a back. Plus a couple of concussions and a shoulder). I only ask because I genuinely feel he was playing through undisclosed injuries and discomfort during most of those stretches that get labeled as disinterested. It would explain why he has looked better for last couple of seasons, he's been healthy.

David is a very humble and private individual who has NEVER used an ailment as an excuse.

I think I did but at the same time, I won`t say that I couldn`t be excused from being one track minded with him for a while and being unable to see past potential things that made me feel the way I did about his game from time to time

Not once in my post did I say anything about DK using an injury (or rotating linemates) as an excuse and my issues with his game were based on what I saw, understanding at that time he did have injuries, those injuries, I don`t believe should have stopped him from making the right pass, being more focused defensively (likely his most under rated aspect). I get his injuries likely made it difficult for him to win some of the battles he normally could but right or wrong, his game, IMO, had numerous stretches of games where he simply looked like he lacked focus, now, was he as bad as I thought he was? Maybe not, but if you have been here long enough, and been on the boards long enough, I was hardly in the minority and there were also numerous articles written about the same thing.

Did injuries slow him down and limit him? Likely, could he still have brought more? Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad