Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The more I think about it the more miraculous I think it is that DK was able to put up 73 points last season with an inconsistent (to be charitable) LW and a revolving door of RWers. :nod:

Reactions: Grimey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bergeron/Marchand aren't our best defensive forwards this year...

I was just browsing through the stats and David Krejci has only been on the ice for 12 goals against at even strength. That's by-far the best in the NHL of any forward that's played more than 13 minutes even-strength per game (he's at 15:40). (183 players)

The next guy on the list is Pageau with 17 GM at 15:07 per game, the Giroux at 20 GA.

Combine that with his great scoring this year and terrible linemates and he's having a great, great season but that's no surprise if you watch him every night.

At the other end of the spectrum are McDavid and Draisaitl at 46 and 52 GA, respectively. Followed by Larkin and Scheifele. Barkov is 15th worst. Marchand is the worst on the Bruins with 31 EV GA.

Anyway, this is just another way that Krejci is underrated.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Krejci's defensive numbers are staggeringly good this year.

He's only been on the ice for 19 even-strength goals against, which is far ahead of anyone in the NHL who has played as much as him. See this table: NHL.com Stats

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Expect an extension after next season

2/10 my guess after expansion draft

sneaky in phenomenal condition

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and something that doesn`t get mentioned often is how DK never hesitates when a puck is in a spot where there`s going to be physical contact , never shies away from it, often will initiate

I`ve had more than my share of frustration with DK, he`s not warranted one bit of it over the last year and a half. He will have games where it looks like he`s doing little but I need to remind myself how he is typically force fed different players all the time to play with and how difficult that has to be when it comes to creating any chemistry or developing any fluidity

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Don't care what anybody says guy IMO needs his # in the rafters beside 33 and 37 when all said and done.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I personally don’t think he is “jersey retirement” level. I do think he is one of the most under appreciated Bruins/Bost athletes ever.

Reactions: weaponomega

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I personally don’t think he is “jersey retirement” level. I do think he is one of the most under appreciated Bruins/Bost athletes ever.

with you there, I do however admire how he carries himself both on and off the ice, quiet and professional. How many other #2 C would have been loudly crying about being handed different winger and different winger? Not DK, shuts up and plays

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
and something that doesn`t get mentioned often is how DK never hesitates when a puck is in a spot where there`s going to be physical contact , never shies away from it, often will initiate

I`ve had more than my share of frustration with DK, he`s not warranted one bit of it over the last year and a half. He will have games where it looks like he`s doing little but I need to remind myself how he is typically force fed different players all the time to play with and how difficult that has to be when it comes to creating any chemistry or developing any fluidity

One of my favorite Krejci things.

Want to hit him, fine but if he sees it coming he's going to make it suck for you.

Not like a RB head down and crash, more like a big TE making room.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I could see it and wouldn't mind seeing it. Didn't he say after this current deal was signed that he intended to play it out then retire? I know things change but has he said anything about that since?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Weird game from DK last night. Thought he looked rusty early on and was fighting the puck most of the evening, but he did score a game winning goal and set up another, so the stats didn't back up the actual level of play, which was kind of off. Maybe it was the time off or adjusting to playing with different guys, but he looked a little lost out there at times. Solid finish though, so I give him full credit.

I also thought it was strange that he returned right before they go on break. Seems like it would have been a good idea to give him the extra rest and really let him heal up given how he's getting older and his importance to the team for the playoffs.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Weird game from DK last night. Thought he looked rusty early on and was fighting the puck most of the evening, but he did score a game winning goal and set up another, so the stats didn't back up the actual level of play, which was kind of off. Maybe it was the time off or adjusting to playing with different guys, but he looked a little lost out there at times. Solid finish though, so I give him full credit.

I also thought it was strange that he returned right before they go on break. Seems like it would have been a good idea to give him the extra rest and really let him heal up given how he's getting older and his importance to the team for the playoffs.

Pretty simple Lonnie, they needed that win in a lot of ways

Reactions: Smitty93 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad