Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
3 assists in the last 8 games

Vs

11 points the previous 8 games prior to above, playing with Marchand, Pasta

=T

@drjustice.240365

So it was his usage that dictates his production all along, not his motivation level...

I agree. Krejci has a jail out of free card after he proved he still can produce as long as he is provided skilled wingers

They need to find a RW. Backes is no solution

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
3 assists in the last 8 games

Vs

11 points the previous 8 games prior to above, playing with Marchand, Pasta

=T

@drjustice.240365

So it was his usage that dictates his production all along, not his motivation level...

I agree. Krejci has a jail out of free card after he proved he still can produce as long as he is provided skilled wingers

They need to find a RW. Backes is no solution

I mean anyone they've tried other than Cave between Marchand and Pasta produced at high levels, even Riley Nash was over a PPG player with them.

Krejci is what he is, a good to decent player these days who needs superstar play driving level wingers to be a PPG center.

He's a good 2C, who could play in the 1C spot provided he has pasta and marchand, however he can't do it if he only has one of two, as we've seen when it's just Krejci and Pasta + another winger.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean anyone they've tried other than Cave between Marchand and Pasta produced at high levels, even Riley Nash was over a PPG player with them.

Krejci is what he is, a good to decent player these days who needs superstar play driving level wingers to be a PPG center.

He's a good 2C, who could play in the 1C spot provided he has pasta and marchand, however he can't do it if he only has one of two, as we've seen when it's just Krejci and Pasta + another winger.

you mean to tell me a pass first center needs wingers?

Riley Nash and his 4 points this year are a great comparison too.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

We don't know this for sure...because Cassidy will not break apart Marchand Bergeron

I bet Krejci game would elevate with Marchand

Find Krejci a Marchand type talent... not bruising north/south PF

Schenn, Dadanov, Schmaltz, Konecny .... you get what I mean

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
you mean to tell me a pass first center needs wingers, ground breaking

Not just one winger, he doesn't look good when it's just Pasta, he needs two superstar level wingers to produce at his contract level.

I don't even think that's a bad thing, it's just not realistic at all to acquire what Krejci needs to be what people seem to expect him to be.

I just expect 50-60 points out of him, seems reasonable enough and I think he can hit that with DeBrusk + some other skilled player.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not just one winger, he doesn't look good when it's just Pasta, he needs two superstar level wingers to produce at his contract level.

I don't even think that's a bad thing, it's just not realistic at all.

I think any center in the NHL's production varies with the players on his line. You're not rediscovering the wheel here

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Cave, JFK couldn't get it done

so no, not anybody can take a joy ride on that line..... Riley Nash was pretty decent on that line while Bergy was out. He provided defensive awareness and has wannabe top 6 fwd skills that was "band aid" enough

but nothing in comparing having Krejci at center

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think any center in the NHL's production varies with the players on his line. You're not rediscovering the wheel here

What exactly are we expecting then? Sweeney to go out and acquire 2 superstar level wingers? That's not going to happen. Probably won't even get one great winger.

Krejci is playing fine in my opinion.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I don't even think that's a bad thing, it's just not realistic at all to acquire what Krejci needs to be what people seem to expect him to be.

I just expect 50-60 points out of him, seems reasonable enough and I think he can hit that with DeBrusk + some other skilled player.

I expect the Bruins to surround him with players that can get us to a cup like in 2011 and 2013, doesn't have to be elite as Lucic and Horton were not elite. The revolving door at RW this year is the worst strategy possible

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Cave, JFK couldn't get it done

so no, not anybody can take a joy ride on that line..... Riley Nash was pretty decent on that line while Bergy was out. He provided defensive awareness and has wannabe top 6 fwd skills that was "band aid" enough

but nothing in comparing having Krejci at center

Could chalk that up to Cave and JFK being fringe NHL players at this point in their career (maybe less so JFK), but definitely Cave. I suppose I meant any decent NHL level talent, while Nash doesn't look good this year, he was for us last season.

I expect the Bruins to surround him with players that can get us to a cup like in 2011 and 2013, doesn't have to be elite as Lucic and Horton were not elite. The revolving door at RW this year is the worst strategy possible

I'd love for Sweeney to trade for someone with actual elite skills to play with Krejci, just not sure it's going to happen. Unload a ton of prospects for Tarasenko or something maybe.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What exactly are we expecting then? Sweeney to go out and acquire 2 superstar level wingers? That's not going to happen. Probably won't even get one great winger.

Krejci is playing fine in my opinion.

no but the "right" winger ...could make a big difference

And please no to Simmonds/Rick Nash type

A skilled, fast winger (closer to Marchand)

Reactions: Emerz

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

last 4 years:

63 in 72 games
54 in 82 games
44 in 64 games (56 pt pace)
33 in 43 games (63 pt pace)

what exactly are you complaining about then?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Could chalk that up to Cave and JFK being fringe NHL players at this point in their career (maybe less so JFK), but definitely Cave. I suppose I meant any decent NHL level talent, while Nash doesn't look good this year, he was for us last season.

I'd love for Sweeney to trade for someone with actual elite skills to play with Krejci, just not sure it's going to happen. Unload a ton of prospects for Tarasenko or something maybe.

True

but he can think out of the box and grab a cheaper/skilled talent

Dadanov, Pageau to name a few. 27-30 year old , with one or two years left on their contract playing on teams that scream rebuild

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
last 4 years:

63 in 72 games
54 in 82 games
44 in 64 games (56 pt pace)
33 in 43 games (63 pt pace)

what exactly are you complaining about then?

I'm not complaining about anything lol, I think he's playing fine as I've said multiple times.

True

but he can think out of the box and grab a cheaper/skilled talent

Dadanov, Pageau to name a few. 27-30 year old , with one or two years left on their contract playing on teams that scream rebuild

Are those guys really available? Dadanov looks to be great in Florida and Ottawa by all accounts loves Pageau.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm not complaining about anything lol, I think he's playing fine as I've said multiple times.

Are those guys really available? Dadanov looks to be great in Florida and Ottawa by all accounts loves Pageau.

Iam sure they can he had

29 years old with a year left on their contract

But the price ... who knows.... shouldnt be as expensive as Tarasenko

but this is my point... Tarasenko is not a must

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I would love to find a winger with elite skill for Krejci, but I don't think it is necessary. I think he just needs a decent two way forward, his line has played well with Nordstrom and Heinen, if Heinen could score like he could at the start of last year we would be looking great. We just need someone that can help control the puck and score a few goals. Krejci and Debrusk even look alright with Nordstrom, but it is always going to be hard to generate much offense next to that black hole. The other guys Krejci has played with over the last couple of years have been fringe NHL players for the most part and still managed to keep his line producing at a second line level (although it has been disappointing). I honestly think Cehlarik or Frederic as a LW with Debrusk or Pasta as RW would look better than anything we've seen yet this season but not necessarily the answer.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Two centers, one All-Star right wing: Playing tug-of-war...

For now, Krejci will be left wanting. Pastrnak belongs to somebody else. Krejci understands that when healthy, Patrice Bergeron is Cassidy’s first choice to center Pastrnak and Brad Marchand.

“I’m OK, 100 percent,” Krejci said when asked if he’s at peace with this arrangement. “As long as the team’s winning, I’m fine with that. For me, it’s about trying to create chemistry with Backs and JD and try to stick together. If we do that, we’ll have more good nights than mediocre nights. That’s what the team needs from each line to be good on most nights.”

“Really happy for him,” Bergeron said of Krejci. “I’m not surprised either. Playing with Brad and Pasta is a pretty nice spot to be in. I think Riley proved that last year. He came in and played well with them. David (Krejci)’s a great talent, a big part of our team. I was happy. I think it just gives us depth when I come back, whether I go back in that spot or if I go down and play with (DeBrusk) and whoever’s with him. We’re a team. You want to compete, obviously — compete for your spot and earn your ice time. That being said, there’s no jealousy when that happens.”

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pageau would give the Bruins their own version of Marner, Point

really fast skater ... and like you said, turns on turbo come playoffs

But why would you play him with DK? If you've followed the logic here, Pasta and JDB aren't good fits because they play a speed game and don't rely on the cycle or slow down game enough like DK does. They're mismatched, which is why we keep hearing DK needs both Pasta and Marchand to play with. So getting Pageau would not fix this.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
But why would you play him with DK? If you've followed the logic here, Pasta and JDB aren't good fits because they play a speed game and don't rely on the cycle or slow down game enough like DK does. They're mismatched, which is why we keep hearing DK needs both Pasta and Marchand to play with. So getting Pageau would not fix this.

Pageau can play the east/west game though he excels at north and south due to speed... skate, stop, spin, creativity

He can "hold" the puck in tight spaces. And make creative plays from that situation. Better than Debrusk or Pasta

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I was about to post something about JG Pageau, about how is too old and not what we need, etc...

Then I realized I was thinking of PA Parenteau. :loony:

Reactions: Grimey

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Two centers, one All-Star right wing: Playing tug-of-war...

For now, Krejci will be left wanting. Pastrnak belongs to somebody else. Krejci understands that when healthy, Patrice Bergeron is Cassidy’s first choice to center Pastrnak and Brad Marchand.

“I’m OK, 100 percent,” Krejci said when asked if he’s at peace with this arrangement. “As long as the team’s winning, I’m fine with that. For me, it’s about trying to create chemistry with Backs and JD and try to stick together. If we do that, we’ll have more good nights than mediocre nights. That’s what the team needs from each line to be good on most nights.”

“Really happy for him,” Bergeron said of Krejci. “I’m not surprised either. Playing with Brad and Pasta is a pretty nice spot to be in. I think Riley proved that last year. He came in and played well with them. David (Krejci)’s a great talent, a big part of our team. I was happy. I think it just gives us depth when I come back, whether I go back in that spot or if I go down and play with (DeBrusk) and whoever’s with him. We’re a team. You want to compete, obviously — compete for your spot and earn your ice time. That being said, there’s no jealousy when that happens.”

What a silly article.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They spoke about him today on Hockey Central saying he was bad last year in playoffs and not sure he can be trusted anymore running a 2nd line.We shall see.Fact remains he has not had much help last couple years by Bruins brass upstairs.Get him that stud winger the lines needs and then we can judge his play fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad