Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
he's having a good season, but I think lacking a RW again will make them come up short in the playoffs so the effort seems wasted. Will they invest huge package to get a RW with Krejci being a FA soon. Not sure it's worth it. Kovy for a 2nd would work IMO

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Bergeron is the best 200 foot player I’ve ever seen. He is datsyuks replacement in this league. He is top 5 in the entire world at playing centre. He is perfect. Absolute nonsense. I bet you can’t even skate.

His posting skills are sure in question...

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I actually love Bergeron. In terms of saying "negative" things about him, I think I could refrain if folks here didn't exaggerate how good he is and were willing to call him out when his play is subpar. It really annoys me when people call him "perfect". If he could skate like McDavid, stickhandle like Marchand, and shoot like Pasta maybe. Until then lay off the ridiculous hyperbole please.
You take shots at Bergeron every chance you get, hell...you even go out of your way to criticize him. Stop the BS, no one's bying it.

Of the 3, the most talented is Bergeron, one of the highest hockey sense in the league. then its my favorite Bruin Marchand. Bergeron is the most complete player, all heart and when he's not on top of his game... you can bet all your money he's injured. Just imagine Marchand or Bergeron in Pasta's body...:bow:

Reactions: jgatie

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Literally the most complete player I've seen in my entire time watching this team.

The most complete player I've seen since Orr. Using the word "perfect" is usually trite and hyperbolic at the same time. However, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Bergeron do something so subtle most wouldn't even see it and I say to myself "That is the perfect hockey player".

Clarke Boothe once said "If you wanted to send a hockey player to Mars to show the Martians what a hockey player is, you send Cam Neely".

It was always said that someone who has never seen a hockey game in their life could watch Bobby Orr for 10 seconds and see he's the best player on the ice.

For Bergeron, it takes knowing the game, but those who really know the game can't help but use the term "Perfect hockey player".

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bergeron is the best 200 foot player I’ve ever seen. He is datsyuks replacement in this league. He is top 5 in the entire world at playing centre. He is perfect. Absolute nonsense. I bet you can’t even skate.

"You can't even skate fatso, so shut up'!"

-
Derek Sanderson to Dave Shea, after Derek just couldn't take any more of Dave's stupidity

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bergeron's 0.93 PPG is not even remotely close to the top stars in the league including his linemates Pastrnak (1.36 PPG) and Marchand (1.25 PPG). It's clear which of the 3 lags way behind in terms of talent. And while I haven't looked at the breakdown this season, also keep in mind that Bergeron typically gets a lot of empty net points and chintzy second assists which make him look better offensively than he actually is.

I actually love Bergeron. In terms of saying "negative" things about him, I think I could refrain if folks here didn't exaggerate how good he is and were willing to call him out when his play is subpar. It really annoys me when people call him "perfect". If he could skate like McDavid, stickhandle like Marchand, and shoot like Pasta maybe. Until then lay off the ridiculous hyperbole please.

Fv1v9eK.gif

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The most complete player I've seen since Orr. Using the word "perfect" is usually trite and hyperbolic at the same time. However, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Bergeron do something so subtle most wouldn't even see it and I say to myself "That is the perfect hockey player".

Clarke Boothe once said "If you wanted to send a hockey player to Mars to show the Martians what a hockey player is, you send Cam Neely".

It was always said that someone who has never seen a hockey game in their life could watch Bobby Orr for 10 seconds and see he's the best player on the ice.

For Bergeron, it takes knowing the game, but those who really know the game can't help but use the term "Perfect hockey player".

I would say Bourque, but that's no insult.

Just did a comparison of Bergeron and Toews numbers. Its incredible how close their career numbers are at this point.

Bergy:

Games 1074 Goals 343 Assists 513 Points 856 Plus/minus +193 Short-handed goals 16 Game winning goals 66

Playoffs Games 136 40-63-103 +42, 3 short handed 7 Game winners

Toews:

Games 927 Goals 341 Assists 458 Points 799 Plus/minus +192 Short-handed goals 15 Game winning goals 66

Playoffs Games 128 40-70-110 +14, 3 short handed 10 Game winners

Both great 2 way players, clutch and leaders as well.

Bergeron better defensively (only because he's the best) and Toews a little better offensively.

Don't think there are any other forwards in the game at their level in terms of a 200 foot game.

Just noticed this is a Krejci thread. He's good too.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bergeron's 0.93 PPG is not even remotely close to the top stars in the league including his linemates Pastrnak (1.36 PPG) and Marchand (1.25 PPG). It's clear which of the 3 lags way behind in terms of talent. And while I haven't looked at the breakdown this season, also keep in mind that Bergeron typically gets a lot of empty net points and chintzy second assists which make him look better offensively than he actually is.

He definitely benefits offensively from playing with Marchand and Pasta. He wouldn't be able to carry a line offensively with two lesser players like a Crosby or McDavid could. But if you put him with almost any 2 other players in the league I'd still throw that line out as a shutdown line.

He may have lost a step offensively on an individual skill level but he's still a top tier center.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
"You can't even skate fatso, so shut up'!"

-
Derek Sanderson to Dave Shea, after Derek just couldn't take any more of Dave's stupidity

While I hated Dave Shea with a passion, I truly enjoyed how openly hostile Turk was to him during the broadcasts. It was hilarious.

Reactions: jgatie

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
While I hated Dave Shea with a passion, I truly enjoyed how openly hostile Turk was to him during the broadcasts. It was hilarious.

I loved how Turk would refuse to pronounce Patrick Roy as "Ru-ahh" just to annoy Dave. Dave would correct him and Derek would just snap back at him. I remember he said one time "I'm actually from Canada, and R-O-Y still spells Roy."

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I loved how Turk would refuse to pronounce Patrick Roy as "Ru-ahh" just to annoy Dave. Dave would correct him and Derek would just snap back at him. I remember he said one time "I'm actually from Canada, and R-O-Y still spells Roy."

I swear Dave Shea once fell asleep on the air. It was a road game, late 90's. It sounded like he was slurring his words a lot and then poof... uncomfortable silence for about 20 seconds and then a startled Shea started talking again.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I swear Dave Shea once fell asleep on the air. It was a road game, late 90's. It sounded like he was slurring his words a lot and then poof... uncomfortable silence for about 20 seconds and then a startled Shea started talking again.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. He was no fan of hockey, he used to humble-brag about the fact he had never seen a game until he was in the booth. He always seemed to look down his nose at the sport. In fact, I remember him one time reacting to a line brawl with a condescending "Boys will be boys" comment.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. He was no fan of hockey, he used to humble-brag about the fact he had never seen a game until he was in the booth. He always seemed to look down his nose at the sport. In fact, I remember him one time reacting to a line brawl with a condescending "Boys will be boys" comment.

No wonder why he sounded bored AF for most of the game.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
No wonder why he sounded bored AF for most of the game.

Yeah, a good friend of mine's sister was a segment producer for TV38 back then. She told me Dave was not shy in his disdain for hockey.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I don't know what any of these comments have to do with Krejci, but the Shea-Sanderson comments are hilarious.

Reactions: BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
You forgot Boston at the top of your list.

Well played, sir.

I have to say, the line of DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman is playing some great hockey right now. I never thought I'd say this about a DeBrusk-Krejci line but they're almost passing the puck too much, at least it felt like that a few times against Chicago. Guys in the slot passing up chances to shoot to make the extra pass back door. I'm not exactly sure what it is that Kuhlman does but he seems to bridge the chemistry gap that is sometimes there with Krejci and DeBrusk.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Didn't watch the game last night, but I heard he's looking old out there. Truth?

Honestly the times I've watched the games this year, I can't help but notice that I haven't 'noticed' Krejci on the ice much, if at all. I know he's know a gigantic golem like Coyle but this man's supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the franchise right now. I worry all the injuries - even this year's - are finally starting to catch up to him. It's not just Debrusk struggling

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Didn't watch the game last night, but I heard he's looking old out there. Truth?

Honestly the times I've watched the games this year, I can't help but notice that I haven't 'noticed' Krejci on the ice much, if at all. I know he's know a gigantic golem like Coyle but this man's supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the franchise right now. I worry all the injuries - even this year's - are finally starting to catch up to him. It's not just Debrusk struggling

its not like the Bruins make his job any easier with the void at RW all these years. Its a lost cause getting him help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad