Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He might be better than Bergeron at this point (Bergy has lost a step and is not putting up a ton of points considering who he plays with)
Lol, I've got to give you credit for your consistency on bashing Bergeron. At some point you should enlighten us on why you despise the guy do much.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. "

Voltaire.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinsNetwork

I think it would be good asset management for the Bruins to keep Krejci, and possibly resign him to a short-term deal to finish out his career. He provides solid play and stability while the team transitions to the next generation. 2-3 years down the line Studnicka and Frederic should be coming into their own, while Bergy presumably is still going strong and Coyle as well. Then you have the wild card prospects of whom you never really know which ones will hit and maybe hit big: Hall, JFK, Steen.

Absolutely. As long as the Bruins want to contend, you keep Krejci until he falls off. He’s proven he can be a 1C, but ideally be the stable, secure 2C they need to develop younger wingers with in the NHL.

This guy continuously gets criticized yet he still posts 50+ points each season dragging around *insert winger here* and DeBrusk, who as talented as he is, goes through very inconsistent spells where he’s ineffective.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
He might be better than Bergeron at this point (Bergy has lost a step and is not putting up a ton of points considering who he plays with)

I know you're just reading box score this year (although I don't know what part of the box score says whether or not a guy has lost a step) but I promise you it really helps to watch games if you want to evaluate anything

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Yeah, no.

I mean you do realize PB has 43 points in 46 games, ffs. Right? He's really slowing down nearly being a PPG...

Bergeron's 0.93 PPG is not even remotely close to the top stars in the league including his linemates Pastrnak (1.36 PPG) and Marchand (1.25 PPG). It's clear which of the 3 lags way behind in terms of talent. And while I haven't looked at the breakdown this season, also keep in mind that Bergeron typically gets a lot of empty net points and chintzy second assists which make him look better offensively than he actually is.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Lol, I've got to give you credit for your consistency on bashing Bergeron. At some point you should enlighten us on why you despise the guy do much.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. "

Voltaire.

I actually love Bergeron. In terms of saying "negative" things about him, I think I could refrain if folks here didn't exaggerate how good he is and were willing to call him out when his play is subpar. It really annoys me when people call him "perfect". If he could skate like McDavid, stickhandle like Marchand, and shoot like Pasta maybe. Until then lay off the ridiculous hyperbole please.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Bergeron's 0.93 PPG is not even remotely close to the top stars in the league including his linemates Pastrnak (1.36 PPG) and Marchand (1.25 PPG). It's clear which of the 3 lags way behind in terms of talent. And while I haven't looked at the breakdown this season, also keep in mind that Bergeron typically gets a lot of empty net points and chintzy second assists which make him look better offensively than he actually is.
Troll? This cant be real...

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

BAHHH GAWDDDD, KING.... THAT'S FIRESWEENEY'S MUSIC!!!!

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Prove it. The empty net goal part is pretty simple to work out so prove it. Prove you are right that he typically gets "a lot of empty net points". The numbers are available in literally dozens of places and it won't take you long.

Reactions: Kegs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Absolutely. As long as the Bruins want to contend, you keep Krejci until he falls off. He’s proven he can be a 1C, but ideally be the stable, secure 2C they need to develop younger wingers with in the NHL.

This guy continuously gets criticized yet he still posts 50+ points each season dragging around *insert winger here* and DeBrusk, who as talented as he is, goes through very inconsistent spells where he’s ineffective.
DB is inconsistent because Krejci and him don’t mesh. DB has found his home in the third line skating hard and making things happen. That’s his game, not trying to put himself in a spot to get a pass. It isn’t a coincidence that he’s been effective lately.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I actually love Bergeron. In terms of saying "negative" things about him, I think I could refrain if folks here didn't exaggerate how good he is and were willing to call him out when his play is subpar. It really annoys me when people call him "perfect". If he could skate like McDavid, stickhandle like Marchand, and shoot like Pasta maybe. Until then lay off the ridiculous hyperbole please.

Thanks for correcting in the opposite direction and making sure we don’t appreciate a player too much. I want to appreciate him the correct amount.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is a horrid post.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Another abomination of a post.

He is perfect and you’re just jealous.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I'd say this is misguided, but that would be a disservice to the word.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Please stop

Reactions: LSCII and Alicat

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Bergeron is the best 200 foot player I’ve ever seen. He is datsyuks replacement in this league. He is top 5 in the entire world at playing centre. He is perfect. Absolute nonsense. I bet you can’t even skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad