Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Frederic when he gets back from injury seems like the best option imo. JFK might be an alright option as well if he begins to struggle at center or Frederic takes over 3c. Donato might be alright but my expectations are low this year. One of the young cs might have to play wing in our system for a couple of years seeing how things are coming to a head which isn't necessarily a bad thing Bergeron was a wing his first year here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Currently on pace to establish a new career high for assists.

Also on pace to record 72.3 points this season, just shy of his career high of 73 points.

Can't imagine the criticism he'd be getting if he were only on pace for 60 points.

yep, I can be accused of being a Krejci basher from time to time but he has quietly had a great start with some uncertainty with his line mates from game to game. In spite of my offers to drive him to the airport at various times, even when he isn`t producing in the past, his play in his own zone is and would be exceptionally difficult to replace.

Reactions: BMC and Gator Mike

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Currently on pace to establish a new career high for assists.

Also on pace to record 72.3 points this season, just shy of his career high of 73 points.

Can't imagine the criticism he'd be getting if he were only on pace for 60 points.

It's so funy ... Krejci is doing alot with not much on his side, but like it ever was, Krejci will always stay as the scapgoat for some.
Here are their placement in point per game for foward arround the NHL. Considering there's 3 fowards per line the cut off for production is at 93-186-279 respectivly for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line.

Krejci tie for 65 (middle of the pack 1st line production)
Debrusk tie for 218 (1st tier production for 3rd liner)
Nordstrom tie for 304 ( 1st tier production for 4th liner)

And some still see Krejci as a bad #2 center who would be better as a #3, with his defensive play and his first liner production ... He is a 1a-1b center like he alwasy was. Some years Bergeron produce more, some year it was Krejci. Of course right now, things aren't equal, playing with Debrusk and Nordstrom <<< playing with Marchand and Pastrnak. While some will say Krejci had the luxury to play with Lucic and Horton, Krejci was still the clear best player on that line. Bergeron as always been playing with Marchand and the 3rd man on their line was Seguin and Pastrnak for a good 4 years.

I absolutly love Bergeron, but he was never better than Krejci offensively and he still isn't imho.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Krejci is producing really well so far this year. No reason to complain. Look at it this way, he is 4th in scoring for the Bruins. If you look at the 4th forward on every team in the NHL, only Lindholm for Calgary has more points than Krejci. He would lead quite a few teams in scoring with his 15 points.

I would say that the our problem with lack of secondary scoring is a bit overstated. After the top 4, our forwards so far have below average production, but not by much (and even then DeBrusk is on pace for 24 goals). The 5th and 6th forwards for most teams are at around 6-10 points right now. Teams like Tampa with 6 forwards producing at a high rate are the exception. But considering our top line is the best in the league and our second line center is also producing as a first liner despite little help, I think it is absolutely not a big deal that other forwards are producing a bit less at this stage of the season. There is plenty of time to see if they pick up their play, or to find a different solution.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Krejci is definitely underappreciated, even by me at times but he's good for 50-65 points a year and if he does that you can't be too mad at him.

Could even have a few more points this season but DeBrusk rings the post like it's job lmfao

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think he's appreciated just fine here. In fact, I'd say the criticism he gets is because people realize how good he is and how vital he is to the team's success. Which is why when you see him go through one of his periods of disinterest, it pisses people off. He's got the skills. He's got the ability. So anything less than his best is simply not acceptable.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Krejci had a couple lost years because of the hip injury and the lack of linemates. I thought he was done, but I'll admit I was wrong there.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think he's appreciated just fine here. In fact, I'd say the criticism he gets is because people realize how good he is and how vital he is to the team's success. Which is why when you see him go through one of his periods of disinterest, it pisses people off. He's got the skills. He's got the ability. So anything less than his best is simply not acceptable.
Preach

Reactions: LSCII

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Crazy. Had no idea he was close to top 10 scoring for us all time. With the way he's been playing he'll be there next game.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
This guy has been by far a top 3 player for me in the past 20 years.. He's incredibly good. Worth 7.2... probbaly not, but that 's not mine, ours, worries.. let the GM figure that out. Fun to watch, a wizard on the dish, and just a delight to watch. durable, beauty, of a Czech style player. The Matrix..... the perfect player people bitch about and then they are gone and say "we need a skilled center that can score and slow the game down"... no one can slow it down more than this slug! "we need a winger for Krejci".. how about Hoss Debrusk????

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
This guy has been by far a top 3 player for me in the past 20 years.. He's incredibly good. Worth 7.2... probbaly not, but that 's not mine, ours, worries.. let the GM figure that out. Fun to watch, a wizard on the dish, and just a delight to watch. durable, beauty, of a Czech style player. The Matrix..... the perfect player people ***** about and then they are gone and say "we need a skilled center that can score and slow the game down"... no one can slow it down more than this slug! "we need a winger for Krejci".. how about Hoss Debrusk????

DeBrusk is the perfect winger for Kretch. Kid can snipe

Reactions: DKH

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Are you going to edit one of the banners already up there with his name and number on it?
closing on 10th in franchise history in scoring and 2 time leading scorer in the playoffs (i've looked up other players who have done this -- all elite). It's not at all far fetched that his number could be retired in Boston some day, especially if he plays a few more years and continues to have success. IMO it would be deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad