Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I like krecji... sadly every effort to put him with pastrnak has been less than satisfying

Maybe give it more than 2 games before we are kicking bergeron off the line now?

And lets remember bergerons numbers before marchand went supersonic were... 60 point guy

Bergeron hasnt proven he can carry a line offensively without pastnak/marchand in a decade since he was pulling brad boyle and marco sturm to glory

I love the chemistry our big 3 have shown the past 18 months but marchand is only 1 that continues to score same pace reguardless who plays with him

For those who want to revise history... that horton/krejci/lucic line took a lot of heat because it went through nasty regular season slumps

Krejci has been a streaky player his entire career

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I like krecji... sadly every effort to put him with pastrnak has been less than satisfying

Maybe give it more than 2 games before we are kicking bergeron off the line now?

And lets remember bergerons numbers before marchand went supersonic were... 60 point guy

Bergeron hasnt proven he can carry a line offensively without pastnak/marchand in a decade since he was pulling brad boyle and marco sturm to glory

I love the chemistry our big 3 have shown the past 18 months but marchand is only 1 that continues to score same pace reguardless who plays with him

For those who want to revise history... that horton/krejci/lucic line took a lot of heat because it went through nasty regular season slumps

Krejci has been a streaky player his entire career

Im With you 100%.
The only reason im playing with the idea of having Bergeron on the 2nd line is his defensive prowess would allow someone like Donato/Bjork/Heinen to flurish imo.

I could be wrong but it wouldnt hurt to try.

Unless Sweeny can pull a genius move and land Krejci a scoring winger.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Schockingly i just looked at stats for krecji and bergeron

In last 10 years they have one 70 point season between them

Great defensive players but these guys cant drive the offense by themselves

And based on last 10 games im losing my faith marchand/pastrnak can do it alone either. Im hoping pastrnak has been playing through an injury and he/marchand will find their fire again

But in NOWAY do i suggest now is the time to stick krecji here fulltime. During the bergeron injury... sure... but we have to remember how great defensively these guys are with bergeron

And how bergeron has become a sniper in his old age

Lets have us the best first line in nhl and let krecji and debrusk find a good fit to create a second line

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Im With you 100%.
The only reason im playing with the idea of having Bergeron on the 2nd line is his defensive prowess would allow someone like Donato/Bjork/Heinen to flurish imo.

I could be wrong but it wouldnt hurt to try.

Unless Sweeny can pull a genius move and land Krejci a scoring winger.

If pastrnak/krejci click i am ok with what you suggest... i think heinen might do ok with bergeron/marchand

The fly in our ointment is that pastrnak hasnt played well with krecji so far

And even these last 2 games... marchand is there. How would they be doing without marchand?

Jury is still very out

If i was going to experiment id prob leave marchand with pastrnak and give them a defense first center

And then let bergeron/krecji anchor a second line since bergeron has become a hell of a shooter and krecji is still our best playmaker

Sadly riley nash is gone and im not sure our center depth can handle my suggestion

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
At this rate even when Bergeron is ready to play

keep the Marchand Krejci Pasta line together....who says no?

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
I thinks it easier to build a line around Bergeron than krejci because at least if Bergeron ain't scoring you can build a shut down line around him or he can shelter the young guys better than krejci

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm happy as long as Bergeron stays with Marchand and Krejci stays with Pasta. I've been low on Krejci for quite a while now but he clearly is a great playmaker. Give him some talent to play with and he will earn his salary.

Entirety of this post reflects my exact feelings.

Considering this team has proven it can stay afloat with only one real scoring line threat, I am pretty curious to see how far we can go with two scoring line threats.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm happy as long as Bergeron stays with Marchand and Krejci stays with Pasta. I've been low on Krejci for quite a while now but he clearly is a great playmaker. Give him some talent to play with and he will earn his salary.

tell me, since when has Krejci and Pasta been a legit line before? When has it produced anything really

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Smith or whoever

Bergeron can play with and make many players better. Krejci has certainly proved that, this is not the case (I mean how many rotation of wingers has he been through)..... and finally

for once in a long time, he is playing well since having Marchand and Pasta as his wingers FT

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Pasta and Marchand have very good chemistry together. Pasta on his own, is not the same.

For balance sake, only other thing I would try is

Debrusk Bergeron Pasta
Marchand Krejci Donato etc.

Reactions: Pay Carl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->