Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's tough though. I feel like a player's play style is essentially his personality, so you are telling this veteran player that he has to all of a sudden change his personality, it just isn't viable. His first instinct is always going to be to look for the open guy and pass. The sad part is he has a pretty deadly shot too, but I just don't think it's in his DNA to be the shooter.

I agree it would be hard for him, he's always been a pass first center. But given the team's goal drought I think he could make more of an effort in that direction, at least until his wingers heat up.

Reactions: NDiesel

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Look at all the decent centers in the league today and from the past

They usually upped their wingers games

Getzlaf, Toews, Kopitar, Crosby, Bergeron etc etc

Some of these centers wingers = who??? But they became household names

Why is it that 7 million Krejci still hasnt found partners to dance with since Horton and Lucic left??

Its just frustrating to see that this is a one line team.

Blame also should be deflected towards Sweeney and Cassidy. There should be no reason a career 4th line pk should be playing on the 2nd line.

The 2 immediate solutions would be to call up a skilled player like Cehlarik and plug him back on the 2nd line OR better test, switch Krejci with Bergeron and lets see how this results. IF Debrusk starts to score goals again...great. If Marchand and Pasta keep trucking great.... if not, then..

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Look at all the decent centers in the league today and from the past

They usually upped their wingers games

Getzlaf, Toews, Kopitar, Crosby, Bergeron etc etc

Some of these centers wingers = who??? But they became household names

Why is it that 7 million Krejci still hasnt found partners to dance with since Horton and Lucic left??

Its just frustrating to see that this is a one line team.

Blame also should be deflected towards Sweeney and Cassidy. There should be no reason a career 4th line pk should be playing on the 2nd line.

The 2 immediate solutions would be to call up a skilled player like Cehlarik and plug him back on the 2nd line OR better test, switch Krejci with Bergeron and lets see how this results. IF Debrusk starts to score goals again...great. If Marchand and Pasta keep trucking great.... if not, then..

Loui Eriksson had a 30 goal season with that bum Krejci. So did old man Iginla.

Also are you saying that guys like Hossa, Kane, Perry, Marchand, Pastrnak are no namers that were only made better because of their centermen?

Bergeron wasn't scoring a point a game with Sturm on his line, or Recchi for that matter either. All 3 guys on a line need to chip in for it to be successful, banking on 1 guy to make the line good is only going to leave you disappointed.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
not for nothing, but Krejci has a better CF and CFrel than Bergeron this year.

and has an ES GA/60 half of Bergeron's in more mpg:

Krejci - 1.8 ES GA/60 in 15:11 ES TOI
Bergeron - 3.4 ES GA/60 in 14:02 ES TOI

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
(I don't know what prefix would suit this title so I left it alone)

Recently the shiny new second line addition has been . . . Joakim Nordstrom with the usual Krejci and Debrusk. As silly as that sounds, he's been by far the best addition on the 2nd line so far with Krejci and Debrusk. Assuming this isn't permanent, or most likely will last at the most to the end of this season, what could some of our future options be? I see it a few ways:

1. Keep Nordstrom there. If it isn't broke, don't fix it right? Sure he's been a 4th line forward on a lucky day with other teams, but that's then and now is now. He's meshed quite well and when he's with Krej and Snek, those two have played their best hockey. Just keep it together and pray for no injuries

2. Patience. This is one I'm probably most favorable in. Just wait a year or two for our wingers to develop as we have more than enough of them. Bjork and Heinen will continue to develop their game. Debrusk is already on Krejci's wing. Donato is working on his game and expanding it in Providence. Cehlarik is someone who should not be counted out yet and recent draftee Jakub Lauko looked promising at first glimpse. Wait for the wingers to develop and grow within the system.

3. Split up our top line. I rather do everything in our power to continue our secondary scoring without splitting this line up. Definitely has been the best line in hockey this season and has been since the beginning of last season. However if the offense is staggered so much then maybe pairing Bjork/Heinen with Bergeron and Marchand and pairing Pasta with Debrusk and Krejci could be an option. However let's not think too much about this yet.

4. Make a small trade/signing. We really don't need an Artemi Panarin or Mark Stone or Jeff Skinner. A small rental for this season or signing in FA can make a world of a difference (See Halak). Ryan Dzingel, Joonas Donskoi, and Tobias Reider are all potential small FA signings we could make (assuming they don't want a shit load of money).

5. Make a big trade/signing. BRING ON PANARIN, SKINNER, OR STONE. Go big or go home. Backes may have to leave though.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Krejci does best with people who take attention off him. Teams had to reckon with Lucic/Horton/Iginla/Eriksson and that left Krejci time and space in which he thrives. Could say that for almost any player but the recipe isn't that complicated.

If DeBrusk keeps being a weapon that should help things out. It's not hard to improve upon Backes/Spooner/Rookies which Krejci has had the last 2 years and still had fine seasons.

If Krejci's the focus, he's still a good centerman. If Krejci's allowed to orchestrate behind solid wingers he will tear it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I like Simmons and Stone,not sure what it would cost to get them,probably pretty pricey I would imagine,definitely don’t think Nordstrom is the answer,is Horton feeling any better.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Tall, handsome, likes long walks on the beaches of the Carolina's in the offseason...

:sarcasm:

Anyways, Nordstrom has looked solid although I doubt he will be on that line when the playoffs come around.

Right now Krejci is on a roll. We'll see where he and his line are in a month or so. Doubt a move is made any time soon. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How about we stop trying to find a magical wing that will get DK to be more productive and make him roll with what they've already got? This constant shuffle of trying to find him a wing for him is beyond maddening. They've spent way too much time, effort, and capital doing so and it hasn't really been worth it. Let him roll with what they have, as he's having a strong season thus far.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
How about we stop trying to find a magical wing that will get DK to be more productive and make him roll with what they've already got? This constant shuffle of trying to find him a wing for him is beyond maddening. They've spent way too much time, effort, and capital doing so and it hasn't really been worth it. Let him roll with what they have, as he's having a strong season thus far.
Management was obviously looking for secondary scoring in the off season,and even at the trade deadline,so pretty sure they aren’t content to just wait and see if someone materializes so why should we.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Someone who can create their own offense, put up 25 plus goals and have the toughness of Horton and Iginla. No player like this you can forget competing in April Many June

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm for #1- that line is now working. Leave it alone unless it stops working, then consider a call up or a trade.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

And he's rolling just fine with what he has, as you point out. Let's leave the JDB-Krejci-Nords line along and let them develop as a unit. They are already playing well together and will only get better. No need to spend a King's ransom (which is what you do when you are dealing from a position of need) for what they already have.

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA

Not try to improve team?

Got it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Make the top line worse to see if it would help DK? Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

No thanks.

Its call for the BEST for the team.... I don't really care about the 1st line going hollywood

other teams have split up Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane etc.

2nd line has been incoherent since day 1... yes they have their moments but one guy doesn't seem like what the other guy does/sweet spot

Even the third line is gaining chemistry quicker. Switching Marchy and Debrusk should not mess up anything. Except the 2nd line could provide more consistent punch. Marchand could focus on scoring more

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not try to improve team?

Got it.

It just isn't clear less than 1/4 of the way through the season that an improvement is needed. We have some time to find out whether we need to find a big scoring RW to play with Krejci or whether his current linemates are good enough. There isn't any rush on this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not try to improve team?

Got it.

Yeah, because that's what I said. :laugh:

I suggested leaving well enough alone because he's playing well and JDB and Nords are starting to fill up the back of the net. Instead though, you'd prefer they continue the cycle of chasing this elusive wing to make DK better. I personally think he's performing very well now, so what can you realistically expect if he's "better"? They signed Iggy and created a cap mess that hurt them for a year after he was gone. They chased free agents like Backes and Beleskey, and that led to...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...more cap issues. I'd prefer to leave well enough alone, since DK is playing well, and because the internal options are the most cost effective.

The only thing outside the organization I'd consider is if Nash's head is better, bring him back. They had chemistry up until the concussion. But even then, they'd be hard up against the cap because of the wasted money on Backes. Which as I pointed earlier, is part of the cycle to get DK going. So yeah, I'm good with that game as it's very rarely worked out in the past.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Wayne Simmonds if he can be had a decent price. DeBrusk-Krejci-Simmonds
Simmonds most likely walks.
Likely trade a prospect drafted in the top 60 of the last 3 years.
Bruins likely without a 1st again.

If we don't win the cup, are people ok with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad