Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Mods, please move to the appropriate thread.

It may not be fair, or objectively correct, but I'm sorry. Get rid of David Krejci.

I know that's not going to happen, but I have been increasingly frustrated over the years that the second line has been hostage to DK#46, his injuries, age, and relatively diffident play.

Bruins

Reactions: Strafer

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I’d rather keep Krejci seeing our center depth isn’t very good. Trade Krejci and then what? Frederic and studnicka or JFK taking the spot behind Bergeron?

Bruins trade Krejci, they go from contender to bubble team or worse in a heartbeat.

But yeah..... let’s trade him.

I don't disagree. But, I also don't see us winning if Krejci is supposed to be a key player again. He's not the player he was 5 years ago.

But hey, maybe he'll make me eat crow. And I'm fine with that. I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: Strafer

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
This is what I don’t get. People want to trade guys but don’t want to give solutions. Ok trade Krejci. How do you get him to waive his no trade? Where do you trade him to and for what? What do your lines look like after? Wanna trade Krejci or Rask or whoever. Ok fine. Everyone has a price. What’s your solution?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I’d rather keep Krejci seeing our center depth isn’t very good. Trade Krejci and then what? Frederic and studnicka or JFK taking the spot behind Bergeron?

Bruins trade Krejci, they go from contender to bubble team or worse in a heartbeat.

That's why I wrote trading him is unrealistic. He's better -- or as good, anyway -- as anyone the B's might pick up to replace him. And younger organizational talent can't replace him at present, either.

I expressed a forlorn hope, that's all.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
This is what I don’t get. People want to trade guys but don’t want to give solutions. Ok trade Krejci. How do you get him to waive his no trade? Where do you trade him to and for what? What do your lines look like after? Wanna trade Krejci or Rask or whoever. Ok fine. Everyone has a price. What’s your solution?

Fair enough.

What's yours?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

It's been a decade and it's the same questions every year. Still no replacement for Krejci and it looks like Bergeron has a bad groin now so i expect more Krejci this year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

agreed... keep him until we find an appropriate replacement

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
id rather have a legit 10-11 mill first line center like Tavares or seguin then krecji and backes. fill the second spot with a elc and I think our team is better for the same cap hit

but we didn't get Tavares and we don't have seguin yet. we need a reality solution... not a fantasy

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Mods, please move to the appropriate thread.

It may not be fair, or objectively correct, but I'm sorry. Get rid of David Krejci.

I know that's not going to happen, but I have been increasingly frustrated over the years that the second line has been hostage to DK#46, his injuries, age, and relatively diffident play.

Bruins
Yeah , Krejci can be frustrating but he isn’t going anywhere so the Bruins have to strengthen the line assuming he is on it . Drop Pasta down to the 2nd line and hope one of Bjork , Heinen or Donato can hold their own with Bergeron / Marchand .

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The question is since you would like Krejci gone, what’s yours? I’m not dealing him right now nor could you anyway since he wouldn’t waive right now.

Then I don't know, Nostradamus. If I could, I would deal DK for draft selections, since return of NHL same or better is unlikely, given his contract.

That means growing pains employing internal candidates, and therefore jeopardizing a playoff berth.

Far from ideal.

I'll take it.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Then I don't know, Nostradamus. If I could, I would deal DK for draft selections, since return of NHL same or better is unlikely, given his contract.

That means growing pains employing internal candidates, and therefore jeopardizing a playoff berth.

Far from ideal.

I'll take it.
Your worse than. Why not just trade off all veterans and completely blow it up. This offseason when his no trade goes to a limited one and they see if JFK and Frederic are able to step into the lineup and contribute. Maybe even Heinen or Donato down the middle. Next summer I would definitely explore it and wouldn’t be against it if the return is right. But right now, today, it would be insane to just deal him for draft picks. Plus he’s not waiving anyway. He has no reason to.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Far from ideal.

I'll take it.

That sounds like a good way to get fired for Sweeney. 'We're trading our #2 center when we don't even have a clear #3 for draft picks. Growing pains'

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I do think that the whole "he's never been given the proper linemates" argument for why he doesn't perform is mostly horseshit.

That being said...I don't see why getting rid of him is a smart move at all right now, however much he may frustrate us at times.

Does anyone remember the level he played at like...two years ago...for the first 20 or so games of the season? The guy was insane. But then he wore down/got injured and he's just not the same player.

It's a shame, because a 100% David Krejci (a rare thing) is quite an impressive player.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Perhaps.

Enjoy DK#46.

I will. Centers are a hot commodity. People that think David Krejci is an untradable asset are ignorant.

10 points in 12 playoff games this year for 4th among forwards, 5th overall on the team.
44 in 64 for 6th overall and 5th among Bruin forwards. 3 points behind Heinen who played 13 more games.

You don't like a player so you are trying to get rid of him because of that reason alone, despite the problems it will cause to the roster. I guess being a lottery team is more enjoyable.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I will. Centers are a hot commodity. People that think David Krejci is an untradable asset are ignorant.

10 points in 12 playoff games this year for 4th among forwards, 5th overall on the team.
44 in 64 for 6th overall and 5th among Bruin forwards. 3 points behind Heinen who played 13 more games.

You don't like a player so you are trying to get rid of him because of that reason alone, despite the problems it will cause to the roster. I guess being a lottery team is more enjoyable.

As much as I disagree with the concept of trading him...just for lack of logic..."we're a lottery team if we trade player X" is an equally ignorant remark in almost every circumstance it is used.

God forbid we drop the hyperbole.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
As much as I disagree with the concept of trading him...just for lack of logic..."we're a lottery team if we trade player X" is an equally ignorant remark in almost every circumstance it is used.

God forbid we drop the hyperbole.

The team will have one top 6 center in Bergeron in a world where Krejci is moved for picks. If he goes down were looking at

Backes who doesn’t really play center here
Studnika
Frederic
JFK
Kuraly
Acciari
Wagner

That is a bottom 5 NHL center group

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I do think that the whole "he's never been given the proper linemates" argument for why he doesn't perform is mostly horse****.

That being said...I don't see why getting rid of him is a smart move at all right now, however much he may frustrate us at times.

Does anyone remember the level he played at like...two years ago...for the first 20 or so games of the season? The guy was insane. But then he wore down/got injured and he's just not the same player.

It's a shame, because a 100% David Krejci (a rare thing) is quite an impressive player.

I think most people here can agree with each part of this statement.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The team will have one top 6 center in Bergeron in a world where Krejci is moved for picks. If he goes down were looking at

Studnika
Frederic
JFK
Kuraly
Acciari
Wagner

It would look a lot better with Barzal among that group... :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Get rid of Krejci and Bergeron gets hurt like last 2 years

What’s the solution?

Easy

JFK
Frederic
Studnicka

Lead us to Cup

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Studnika
Frederic
JFK
Kuraly
Acciari
Wagner

Buhhhh buhhhhh we got rid of him and his salary

Bottom line isn’t points it’s satisfying my emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.