David Ayres Appreciation thread

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Mariah Carey would be impressed with the high pitch rant

Dangle's had it rough. Imagine doing a video after every Leafs game for years and years. Surprised he's kept it up for as long as he has. Even more surprising that there's really only been a few "Burn everything, salt the earth, I want to die" over that time period.

Last night's was one of them.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Dangle's had it rough. Imagine doing a video after every Leafs game for years and years. Surprised he's kept it up for as long as he has. Even more surprising that there's really only been a few "Burn everything, salt the earth, I want to die" over that time period.

Last night's was one of them.
TOR-WPG Oct '16 was a fun one.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Personally, I've always hated the "______ fan come in peace" disclaimer.

I'm a Leaf fan (also Isles and Habs and Jets). No apology - deal with it.

I'm also a former practice goalie for a Leafs alumni team.

I was rooting for Ayers when he went in, and I was very proud of the job he did, and of the support, both emotional and physical, that the Canes provided. (Disappointed in the Leafs' performance, but I'm used to that.)

Glad to see you guys are continuing to make his day great. Love it.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Personally, I've always hated the "______ fan come in peace" disclaimer.

I'm a Leaf fan (also Isles and Habs and Jets). No apology - deal with it.

I'm also a former practice goalie for a Leafs alumni team.

I was rooting for Ayers when he went in, and I was very proud of the job he did, and of the support, both emotional and physical, that the Canes provided. (Disappointed in the Leafs' performance, but I'm used to that.)

Glad to see you guys are continuing to make his day great. Love it.

I USUALLY COME IN FULL ARMS WITH VENGEANCE. Do You prefer That?

Reactions: Highest Boss

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
IMO COME IN FULL ARMS WITH VENGEANCE or dont come at all

I mean... it's not like I am on unfriendly terms with other fanbases. I am on good terms with Bruins, Jets, and Rangers. In the past, I was with Ducks and Pens. Ducks traded their only Czech player and they are in West and we haven't played Pittsburgh yet.

And Habs don't hate me. WELL FOR NOW.

VENGEANCE MAKES ENEMIES, BUT ALSO GETS YOU FRIENDS. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT CREATES MEMORIES AND MORE VENGEANCE.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Dave Ayres: Great Story-Line!!
He's a Real Jerk!!

What's great about this is that it takes away from the daily LeBron nonsense that I'm used to w/ these shows. And it gets our name in a positive light w/ these shows too.

Dan Patrick does sometimes talk Hockey but he's also a former Whalers fan who didn't take kindly to the 2006 Cup win. Though I guess now w/ Karmanos gone he doesn't care as much anymore.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Saw the locker room celebration. A decent horns/60 from Brind'Amour.

Avs fan coming in peace. Ya, Brind'Amour's locker room speech was awesome. Everything about the great game of hockey. Improbably story writes itself, seeing the Canes players rally around, post game... but have to say Brind'Amour's locker room spiel was beyond awesome. When he said

"But it's a memory I'm going to have forever, the way you guys played in that third period for you (pointing to Ayres) and the way you [Ayres] played for us."

Am always pressing the goalie/players thing. He nailed it. Have always been a huge Brind'Amour fan, player and now coach. This whole thing has made the household giddy.

Go Canes... No, seriously, GO CANES. I hope this sparks a streak for ya'll's.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Everyone was a canes fan for a day I think.

I'm interested to see how this anomaly will break various stats websites.

I was at the baseball games when Brent Mayne (injured catcher) came in in extra innings to pitch for the first time at any level, against the Atlanta braves, and got a similar surprise win, circa 2000 - (first non pitcher to record a win in 40-50 years if I recall) but this was way cooler!

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad