David Ayres Appreciation thread

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Leaf fan coming in peace. I was happy for Ayres last night and was cheering for him. The Leafs were so bad that they couldn't get a shot anywhere near him in the 3rd. The Canes played their hearts out in front of him and they could have played without a goalie and still win easily. We are ashamed of our team today. No heart at all. Canes should have had a storm surge on Toronto ice.

No need. Every time the Zamboni comes out at Scotia Bank Place, there will be a Storm Surge in your hearts.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No need. Every time the Zamboni comes out at Scotia Bank Place, there will be a Storm Surge in your hearts.
That Maple Leafs logo on the side of the Zamboni? Yeah....

6d8a291f98a3eb2d3322c6a5e34af04d.jpg

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Just finished watching the game, what an amazing moment and one of the highlights of the season for, I got to think, most NHL fans, except for maybe fans of the Leafs...
Ayres solid in the third!
Also got to give gigantic props to your team, the third was one of the most dominant, defensive periods of hockey ive ever seen. Not sure what the Leafs were doing, absolutely 0 poise.
BIG cred to Ayres, BIG creds to your Canes team.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Leaf fan coming in peace. I was happy for Ayres last night and was cheering for him. The Leafs were so bad that they couldn't get a shot anywhere near him in the 3rd. The Canes played their hearts out in front of him and they could have played without a goalie and still win easily. We are ashamed of our team today. No heart at all. Canes should have had a storm surge on Toronto ice.

We know that feel bro. All to well.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Even though my team lost, it's a feel good story that happened on the same day 40 years ago the U.S team upset the Russians.

If you ask me, whichever Canes player told him "just have fun and enjoy it, we don't care if you let in 10 goals" did his team well. It helped him relax, do his best and not overthink. He didn't need much to do since the Canes D (and offense) focused on shutting down the Leafs, even after two PP's.

The Canes deserved to win as they wanted it more. The zamboni driver got an NHL win and a story to share for the rest of his life.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Even though my team lost, it's a feel good story that happened on the same day 40 years ago the U.S team upset the Russians.

If you ask me, whichever Canes player told him "just have fun and enjoy it, we don't care if you let in 10 goals" did his team well. It helped him relax, do his best and not overthink. He didn't need much to do since the Canes D (and offense) focused on shutting down the Leafs, even after two PP's.

The Canes deserved to win as they wanted it more. The zamboni driver got an NHL win and a story to share for the rest of his life.

IT WAS HAULA.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I was at work and saw what happened all over the internet and Sportsnet/TSN webpage, What a great story anytime a emergency goalie gets in you can't help but cheer for them. This has got to be one of the best feel good stories of the year. Dave Ayres needs his own hockey card!
DoJ0uBq.jpg

I agree! And deliver a gold foil one to his house on a placard that says something about him being the oldest goalie to win his NHL debut!!

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
haha wow he was a Bruins fan growing up!
Makes this story even more bizzare, he works for the leafs organisation, is a Bruins fan, and get to win against the Leafs as a Hurricane.

Holy crap this guy had a kidney transplant??? Man I like him even more now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad