David Ayres Appreciation thread

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs fan.

Loved it, loved it.

Yes, great story, 42 year old kidney transplant zamboni driver plays half an NHL game and wins. Yep, everyones childhood dream.

Canes played an incredible defensive game, but guy still had to make a few saves, and he did.

Read your game thread with everyone understandably going nuts at this guy coming in , then reading the Leaf board as the howitzer offence became a pop gun. Hilarious and fun.

Good luck to you.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Does someone do this kind of reporting for the Canes only i've never seen it?:popcorn:

Not that I’ve seen. I’ve read Dangle’s book, and it seems like he sort of hit the jackpot anyway. He started doing these videos when no one else had really thought of going that route, he knew the right people, made the right connections and it snowballed. I believe I’ve seen YT recommend me similar videos for other fanbases, but no one does it like he does.

And honestly, with how predictable the Canes have been for...much of the past decade...how repetitive would a Canes Fan React be anyways? “Oh look, our powerplay cost us another game, our goalie’s ability to stop the puck varies as much as the North Carolina weather, but at least Eric Staal scored with 4 minutes left to make it a 5-1 game!”

Reactions: zman77

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And honestly, with how predictable the Canes have been for...much of the past decade...how repetitive would a Canes Fan React be anyways? “Oh look, our powerplay cost us another game, our goalie’s ability to stop the puck varies as much as the North Carolina weather, but at least Eric Staal scored with 4 minutes left to make it a 5-1 game!”

Yeah I wouldn't want to spend my time on this kind of stuff.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I know I posted a fake photoshop card of Dave Ayres earlier but I wasn't too happy how that turned out. I thought you would all get a kick out of this one. I wish I could show it to Dave himself I bet he'd like it.
DaveAyresHockeyCardBest.jpg

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Seriously, I cant believe he came out to play that puck after all that had just happened.

i was thinking, are we going to go to emergency #2?!

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Quick question

Lets say both teams #1 goals are injured during a game. Then, there is a big bench clearing brawl, which includes a classic goalie-fight between the #2 goalies, and both goalies knock each other out simultaneously - Which team gets to use the emergency goalie, and what does the other team have to do?

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Seriously, I cant believe he came out to play that puck after all that had just happened.

i was thinking, are we going to go to emergency #2?!

I think if the emergency goalie gets injured while actually on the ice playing in an official game, and he has to retire from the league due to the injury, he gets financial support from the players emergency fund for life.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I like his this lid better than the previous one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->