Dave Hakstol Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was. I also didn’t remark on Q because I don’t have a strong opinion on hiring him and have said zilch on the subject. I remarked on Hakstol.

You seemed fake incensed that Q runs a “shell” and asked who that sounds like. Since I’ve been assured that the “Hakstol shell” is a myth, I don’t know who that sounds like. Perhaps the Q shell might be a myth too. Someone contact Mythbusters.
You simply misunderstand me. I was just laughing at one of many traits Q has that anti-Hak posters claim Hak does & they hate; yet they are head over heels for Q. Oh the irony! Gotta love it!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree, he likely has. The Schenn trade is exhibit 'A'.

Unfortunately, not all GM's operate like that. We've seen a hundred times over when GM's make stupid deals trying to save a job.

I don't even know what we're disagreeing about at this point. :dunno:
Oh, I don’t think we’re really disagreeing.

You said he’s supposed to do what’s best for the team and not what’s best for him, and I was just saying that I still believe he is.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
anyone comparing Q to Hak is an idiot. one has won 3 cups in the last 8 years, the other can't even win a single playoff round in 4 years.
Took Quenneville 13 years to win a Cup.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
anyone comparing Q to Hak is an idiot. one has won 3 cups in the last 8 years, the other can't even win a single playoff round in 4 years.
i think alot of blackhawk fans will agree with you.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I hate Dave Hakstol and want him gone just like most everyone else here, but I'd rather not go the Quenneville route.

Q is not the future. He'd be an upgrade for sure, but we need to find the next Sean McVay or Brad Stevens NHL equivalent. Not a 60 year old stopgap.

Do your homework and find a young, progressive, hungry lion. Not a hire because your ****ing kid recommended him. An actual new school hire who wants to play 2018 hockey and grow a young team.

the problem with this Stizzle is that many have lost complete faith in Hextall to be able to find that person you speak of. he failed with Hakstol, and i really wouldn't want to see him try going that route again. i'd feel safer with a proven coach with a good track record. a guy who can come into the locker room with Cup experience. a guy the players would respect. hiring a no name again could end up being Hak 2.0.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
72Qy.gif

ok that one got me laffing....

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
and won 2 playoff rounds in his first 3 years. Hak? zero. Q gave reason to stay on, he was improving as a coach. Hak? nope. stuck in mediocrity, despite having a far better team than he had when he began.
I thought Cups was your argument? You’ve now changed it to second round losses? Anyway, if Q coached the Flyers for 12 seasons without a Cup, you’d advocate for a 13th season?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
and won 2 playoff rounds in his first 3 years. Hak? zero. Q gave reason to stay on, he was improving as a coach. Hak? nope. stuck in mediocrity, despite having a far better team than he had when he began.

I have to admit that I'm not super gaga about hiring Q for us, but he was very good in St. Louis. I don't remember specifics anymore, it was too long ago and I drank too much vodka in the 90s, but I do remember being impressed with the way he handled that Gong Show of an organization, and being surprised that he was fired from there. I wasn't surprised at all to see him have success in Chicago. I was very excited to watch Blues fans eat schadenfreude hand over fist, also.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Maybe he’ll inherit a team as unbelievably loaded as the Hawks in 9 years.

ah, we're back to the ol' "Hak needs an all-star team to be able to win" argument. funny how other coaches are able to win playoff rounds without needing elite talent. heck, we have a better team on paper than Vegas yet somehow Gallant was able to get them all the way to the finals.

good coaches get their teams to perform ABOVE their level.

bad coaches get their teams to perform BELOW their capabilities.

which one is Hakstol? hmm

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
ah, we're back to the ol' "Hak needs an all-star team to be able to win" argument. funny how other coaches are able to win playoff rounds without needing elite talent. heck, we have a better team on paper than Vegas yet somehow Gallant was able to get them all the way to the finals.

2010 Flyers say hello...

cough cough....

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I thought Cups was your argument? You’ve now changed it to second round losses? Anyway, if Q coached the Flyers for 12 seasons without a Cup, you’d advocate for a 13th season?

no coach lasts that long without winning. Q won his first cup with Chicago in his 2nd year. not 13th.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

Vegas had league best goaltending. Flyers had 28th.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
I just read the Quenneville article in Broad St Hockey. Just f'in hire the guy! Throw money at a proven coach instead of hoping 2nd or 3rd on the list will turn out to be a diamond.

I've been a fan since the late 70s (yep, missed the glory years) and I'll ALWAYS support the team, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Cup final loses, discussing the 'goalie problem', defending moves by GMs and droning on about our up-and-comin' gems who are down on the farm/in the pipeline.

Apologies for the run on sentence. Just had to vent! Go Flyers.

Colin
Ottawa, ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad