Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I'd rather have the guy with the bad dance moves with the Cup over his head
serveimage

rather than the guy smelling his own flatulence.
serveimage

Or even better, the nabob kid wearing the misnomer named Jersey : the Fighting Sioux ; since, Manifest Destiny, another misnomer, virtually killed all the Sioux. Before I get totally off track with my rants about North Dakotans, the kid is about to gorge out a giant bugger and eat it. I do not know which is more gross. Probably since they are from ND, their culture feels it is good etiquette to smell one's farts and eat one's buggers

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Conjecture: I can't wait until Hextall blows up.

A lot of people don't change. Plot twist.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Go look at the team again, who is even in the NHL?
2014-15 Flyers:
Voracek (29)
Giroux (31)
Schenn (27)
Couts (26)
Simmonds (30)
Raffl (30)
Laughton (24)
Cousins (25)
Rinaldo (28)
PEB (33)
Read (32)

MDZ (28)
Coburn (33)
L Schenn (29)
MacDonald (32)
Manning (28)

In the pipeline: Ghost, Hagg, Morin, Leier

So, if Hextall had stayed the course, tried to patch this team into the playoffs (no cap room for a major acquisition until recently, and that only after dumping a bunch of players), what do you think their record would have been the last three seasons?

Voracek wasn't 29 when Hak took over, he was 25. Giroux wasn't 31, he was 27. he's not even 31 now. your numbers are all messed up. as usual.

Hak inherited a team with a 27 year old prime Giroux, 25 year old prime Voracek, 24 year old Schenn, Simmonds was only 27, and Couturier and Ghost were 22. Gudas was also on the team. defense wasn't great, but there were a lot of great prospects in the system, and the forward core was very solid. the team wasn't perfect, but Hak had very good pieces to work with. that was the point of this discussion.

also, funny how there's no mention of you lying about Giroux and Voracek's career years being behind them too? typical dishonest deadhead. anything else you want to lie about today?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
It's almost like you should put him on your Ignore List.

:thumbu:

i usually don't like doing that but i'll probably have to. i'm okay with people having a difference of opinion, but the constant lying and dishonestly is truly pathetic. it's embarrassing having him on our board. but i suppose every board has at least one deadhead on it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i usually don't like doing that but i'll probably have to. i'm okay with people having a difference of opinion, but the constant lying and dishonestly is truly pathetic. it's embarrassing having him on our board. but i suppose every board has at least one deadhead on it.

That's what I have issue with, with anyone, in general.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek wasn't 29 when Hak took over, he was 25. Giroux wasn't 31, he was 27. he's not even 31 now. your numbers are all messed up. as usual.

Hak inherited a team with a 27 year old prime Giroux, 25 year old prime Voracek, 24 year old Schenn, Simmonds was only 27, and Couturier and Ghost were 22. Gudas was also on the team. defense wasn't great, but there were a lot of great prospects in the system, and the forward core was very solid. the team wasn't perfect, but Hak had very good pieces to work with. that was the point of this discussion.

also, funny how there's no mention of you lying about Giroux and Voracek's career years being behind them too? typical dishonest deadhead. anything else you want to lie about today?

The point was what the team would look like today, if you notice all the ages are consistent with THIS season. Duh. So what was your SAT score?
And maybe you didn't notice, but that great talent had 84 points the previous season?

Giroux peaked from 22-26, he's not as good today as his prime, one reason he was moved to LW, neither is Voracek. Still solid, but they've shown they can't carry a team (see 2015-16, 2017-18 playoffs).
There weren't a lot of great prospects in the system, I listed all of them that hadn't already had a cameo. Unless you have a woody for Cousins, Leier and Morin.
All they had were a couple solid but not great forward lines, trash on defense, and Mason in goal (which is as secure as the Ukrainian border).

Hextall made the decision not to patch the way Holmgren had been doing for 3 years since Pronger went down by trading his 2nd and 3rd round picks for veterans to try and fill out the lineup - he had no cap room to add a top player.
That meant as players like Read and Raffl declined or were injured, or the old defense continued to stumble, there was no significant help.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Why do people talk but 2 years ago when no one cares. Our older core still gets points but they aren't was they were. Just facts.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The point was what the team would look like today, if you notice all the ages are consistent with THIS season. Duh. So what was your SAT score?
And maybe you didn't notice, but that great talent had 84 points the previous season?

Giroux peaked from 22-26, he's not as good today as his prime, one reason he was moved to LW, neither is Voracek. Still solid, but they've shown they can't carry a team (see 2015-16, 2017-18 playoffs).
There weren't a lot of great prospects in the system, I listed all of them that hadn't already had a cameo. Unless you have a woody for Cousins, Leier and Morin.
All they had were a couple solid but not great forward lines, trash on defense, and Mason in goal (which is as secure as the Ukrainian border).

Hextall made the decision not to patch the way Holmgren had been doing for 3 years since Pronger went down by trading his 2nd and 3rd round picks for veterans to try and fill out the lineup - he had no cap room to add a top player.
That meant as players like Read and Raffl declined or were injured, or the old defense continued to stumble, there was no significant help.

actually giroux peaked last year when he finished 2nd in points, and peaked because for once in 3 seasons he was actually healthy.

Reactions: Adtar02 and bauer

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
actually giroux peaked last year when he finished 2nd in points, and peaked because for once in 3 seasons he was actually healthy.
He won’t admit that because 1) he has this narrative going where Hakstol has no skill available to him, so nothings his fault, and 2) because he refuses to admit the star players carried the team last year. :laugh:

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
imo he is the 2nd best flyers forward of all time. I put lindros in the what if category.

nothing in Flyer history can compare lindros from 93 to 99.

He was the force ,the focus of every game he played.

He's 2nd behind Clarke.

If Lindros had come back as a hero in 2000 and the Flyers won the cup then he'd be #1.

Reactions: captainpaxil

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

Giroux's best season was LAST season when he topped 100 points. not pre-Hakstol.

and wrong again, there were great prospects in the system. Provorov and Konency were prospects when Hak began his first season as Flyers coach. plus Morin, Hagg, Lindblom were drafted. Ghost too but he quickly made the jump.

all this other stuff you're blabbing on about has absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed. as usual, you lose an argument and try to move the goal posts.

Hakstol was given a team with many really good players, and top prospects. and we haven't seen much, if any, progress in 4 years. despite the team continuing to add talent.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Im just gonna put this out there, and it will likely be ignored and that’s probably for the best but here goes:

I tend to agree w the “Hivemind” on here w most things. But Deadhead is villainized pretty dramatically on here. A lot of his points are valid and/or reasonable.

Reactions: ybnvs

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Im just gonna put this out there, and it will likely be ignored and that’s probably for the best but here goes:

I tend to agree w the “Hivemind” on here w most things. But Deadhead is villainized pretty dramatically on here. A lot of his points are valid and/or reasonable.

He says some interesting things that aren't wrong, and he also says some boneheaded things and is absolutely berated for them. Everyone here says boneheaded things and has bad takes and predictions ALL THE TIME, but most folks fit into the collective anguish so they weaponize against those who don't. I agree with the general sentiment probably 60% of the time and have been unpopularly wrong 20% of the time and unpopularly right the other 20%.

I personally like having people make counterpoints, because otherwise we have nothing to talk about. I agree people should be called out when they say something patently not factual, but the dead-horse-kicking on this board get excessive.

Reactions: mdm815

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
nothing in Flyer history can compare lindros from 93 to 99.

He was the force ,the focus of every game he played.

He's 2nd behind Clarke.

If Lindros had come back as a hero in 2000 and the Flyers won the cup then he'd be #1.

Let's be honest, healthy Lindros in his prime >>> Clarke in his prime. Maybe there are 5 guys in hockey history you'd take over him, but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad