sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Jake Roberts one could be very dark if they bring up the abuse by his Dad ( Grizzly Smith ) to his half-sister ( Rockin' Robin ). :(

Reactions: CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Very nice, it says that (according to Bischoff anyway) there will be an episode on Collision in Korea too. Looking forward to it all.

The Jake Roberts one could be very dark if they bring up the abuse by his Dad ( Grizzly Smith ) to his half-sister ( Rockin' Robin ). :(

Grizzly Smith seemingly being a known pedophile seems a bit under-discussed when old time wrestling comes up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Very nice, it says that (according to Bischoff anyway) there will be an episode on Collision in Korea too. Looking forward to it all.

Grizzly Smith seemingly being a known pedophile seems a bit under-discussed when old time wrestling comes up.
Pretty sure one of the creators from the show was on local radio and discussed this too

Reactions: Kaner9

Sharks99

Feb 6, 2014
Here is Brody's/ That's all I see at the moment but I'd suspect the others will eventually be up or available on their website.

I didn't know the Berzerker died? I loved how he would throw people out of the ring for a count out win, "Husk Husk Husk"!!!

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I didn't know the Berzerker died? I loved how he would throw people out of the ring for a count out win, "Husk Husk Husk"!!!

Throwing guys out to win is a baller move. Championships? We don't need no championships

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Not to nitpick ( well maybe just a bit ;) ) but he was actually saying " Huss...huss....huss ". Why - I have no freaking idea. :dunno:

It was something Brody did as well and they were a team at one point, he did it in WWF as Berserker after Brody was murdered, whether it was in honor of Brody or just swiping the gimmick could be debated.

And John Nord is still alive, he just did an interview a few days ago....

The Berzerker talks wrestling Goldberg, missing Curt Hennig and Road Warrior Hawk

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It was something Brody did as well and they were a team at one point...

A few guys did it during the old territory days. I've got a USWA show where The Master of Pain ( The Undertaker ) yells it out a few times during his match. I used to think that some guys were doing it to mask whatever their opponent or ref was relaying to them at the same time but now I don't think that's why they were doing it. :dunno:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was think about this yesterday and did a little digging. Sounds like March 9th there will be an episode. More of an overview of past and future shows though. Can't find a release date, but below is a list of what is apparently known to be episodes. Think I read elsewhere there will be 14 total episodes.

Real interested to see the Pillman and Dynamite Kid one.

Vice To Air Dark Side Of The Ring Special, New Episode For Season 3
* Brian Pillman (season premiere, WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin interviewed)
* FMW (Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling)
* XPW (Xtreme Pro Wrestling)
* Nick Gage
* WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea event from 1995
* The Smith Family (Grizzly Smith and his children – Sam Houston, Rockin’ Robin, WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts)
* Ion Croitoru (aka Bruiser Bedlam and Johnny K-9)
* Chris Kanyon
* “The Dynamite Kid” Tom Billington

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
A few items I've never heard of, and a couple I'm really excited for. I was always a big Kanyon fan going back to the Mortis gimmick. Odd how Glacier was so lame, yet Mortis was so cool.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m really stoked to learn more about FMW. All the individual-centered ones should be wild

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m really stoked to learn more about FMW. All the individual-centered ones should be wild
I find the ones I don't really care about end up being quite interesting. Was it UWF or something that I never even heard of ended up being quite interesting.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Sounds like the Plane Ride from Hell will be covered. I was listening to Richard Deitsch's media pod this week where he had JR and Conrad Thompson on. JR mentioned how their podcast on the topic got the attention of the Dark Side of the Ring guys, and JR had just recently done a long sit down with them on it.

Reactions: Sheppy and CDJ

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sounds like the Plane Ride from Hell will be covered. I was listening to Richard Deitsch's media pod this week where he had JR and Conrad Thompson on. JR mentioned how their podcast on the topic got the attention of the Dark Side of the Ring guys, and JR had just recently done a long sit down with them on it.
This is awesome.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The new season is kicking off with extra-feature versions of some prior episodes. I believe Montreal Screwjob @ Gino Hernandez are on my DVR right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad