Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not if he becomes the latest AHL grad to become stapled to the press box.

Jet's record of AHL grads is far from spectacular. Lowry & Morrissey are the only ones to have spent a full season in the AHL to make the jump to Jets regular.

Roslovic, Helli and Connor say hi.

But our coaching staff needs to do a better job with our depth pieces, imo Dano and Petan have been mismanaged and I don't see it with Lemieux.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Can I ask why? Why did we waive him? Because of Buff's injury? Im kinda out to lunch at this one. Is Petan finally coming back? Thats the only reason that makes sense.
It looks like Petan has been added back onto the roster. Buff's injury seems only be day to day and he hasn't been put on IR at this point. Jets decided to waive Dano over sending waiver exempt Lemieux down. Why is an interesting question.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
WTF? I don't get the logic of waiving a guy when you have 2 guys in Lemieux and KV who can go down without requiring waivers. This year was supposed to be Dano's chance.

Now it seems like the best asset we are going to get out of the Ladd trade is just the capspace.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Roslovic, Helli and Connor say hi.

But our coaching staff needs to do a better job with our depth pieces, imo Dano and Petan have been mismanaged and I don't see it with Lemieux.

Connors & Roslovic's half seasons aren't what I referred to. The sentence you are responding to read FULL season. I've already been corrected about forgetting about Bucky.

Lowry & Morrissey are the only ones to have spent a full season in the AHL to make the jump to Jets regular.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Connors & Roslovic's half seasons aren't what I referred to. The sentence you are responding to read FULL season.

Roslovic spent a full year and a half in the AHL, Conner spent 3/4 which is a pretty significant amount. But your point still stands that the org needs to develop some of their depth guys a bit better in the AHL. I haven't been impressed with how our Moose have been deployed this season.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Pretty suggestive if you are willing to lose a player for no return, over sending a player down with no risk of losing them. I'd say you have dropped down to the end of the line.
I think Chevy is being nice. He should not have been put on waivers over petan.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
I'm wondering why columbus let him go more than anything, 21 points in 35 games on his +1 year from the draft as a low 1st rounder.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Pretty suggestive if you are willing to lose a player for no return, over sending a player down with no risk of losing them. I'd say you have dropped down to the end of the line.

Maybe the Jets management/coaching staff thinks that but most objective observers including the Jets fans would disagree with that conclusion.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Roslovic spent a full year and a half in the AHL, Conner spent 3/4 which is a pretty significant amount. But your point still stands that the org needs to develop some of their depth guys a bit better in the AHL. I haven't been impressed with how our Moose have been deployed this season.

I remembered it differently, but upon taking a look he did indeed play a near full season in 2016-2017. For some reason I thought his call up to the NHL was longer & resulted in a good number of healthy scratches accounting for why he only played 65 games for the Moose that year. It appears he was injured & that's why he didn't play a full season.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I wonder if this move was in response to Dano's desire to play or some perceived lack of motivation and/or play readiness on his part. I thought he was much stronger in camp and preseaon than KVes and a smarter player than Lemmy who's a much more consistent scoring threat. Really don't get this one -- although, if it means they're going to actually give Petan/Lemmy a shot it makes more sense.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I am not all that impressed with the asset management on this one when they could have sent Lemieux down. We are going to miss the depth at some point this year.

Asset management is key but so is people/individual management. I wanted Dano to succeed here but the fact of the matter for me is we also have to manage an organization of individuals. I’d say this sends a pretty good message that sometimes when the org feels it’s time for a player to stay regardless of waiver status we will reward players with an NHL roster spot if they’ve put in the work and earned it. In this case clearly the org feels that way in regards to Lemieux > Dano.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
15-16 to 18-19 Points per 60 mins. @Marko_Dano 1.51. Joel Armia 1.46. Andrew Copp 1.34. Adam Lowry 1.32. Nic Petan 1.24. Brandon Tanev 1.02.

Idiotic decision. 2nd/3rd liner right now with still potential. This is how you end windows prematurately by making poor decisions on depth players. We've seen this story time and time again. The reason teams like Pittsburgh stay good is that they make good depth decisions, Chevy has done full on opposite.
Agree. Dumb dumb dumb

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Your not watching close enough then. Dano plays nothing like Kane. Dano is fantastic at angles, he knows how to eliminate options on the forecheck and in the defensive zone with his excellent angles on puck carriers. He is VERY good at finding the dead ice in the offensive zone, Kane's biggest weakness. Underrated vision. Consistently wins puck battles. Carrying the puck through the neutral zone (Kane's biggest strength) is probably Dano's biggest weakness as he is weak with the puck on his stick at times. Good at getting his stick in shooting and passing lanes. Obviously skating is just average but is mitigated somewhat by his angles. No one is saying he is perfect or a superstar, but a solid 3rd liner that can move up in case of injury is what he is. A reliable player that could have helped them use the 3rd scoring line more is what should have happened. But much like Chiarot it just shows how the Jets consistently struggle with talent evaluation outside of their top few guys.
I really dont see too much wrong with Dano's game except he keeps pissing off management. He'll land somewhere like Vegas & become a star (if he can keep the coach happy)

Reactions: Pomee

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Maybe Dano requested to be moved and no takers so this is a chance to help him out? Regardless I do not like it. Ves needs to go down he is a waste of a spot right now. Worst case send Lemieux down to get some games in until we send Ves down after Finland. I would have kept Dano to battle with Petan for Ves spot

Reactions: Board Bard and GNP

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
WTF? I don't get the logic of waiving a guy when you have 2 guys in Lemieux and KV who can go down without requiring waivers. This year was supposed to be Dano's chance.

Now it seems like the best asset we are going to get out of the Ladd trade is just the capspace.
WTF indeed. I could see it if Ves had looked good, but thats not it. Or if we had no other guys to possibly send down. Or if they had given him half a chance this year, because he looked damn good in preseason. I say again dumb, dumb, dumb

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe the Jets management/coaching staff thinks that but most objective observers including the Jets fans would disagree with that conclusion.
What does that have to do with it? I made a comment on where I believed Dano stood on the Jets depth chart, which is determined by Jets management and coaching staff not by a cross section of HFBoards posters.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maybe Dano requested to be moved and no takers so this is a chance to help him out? Regardless I do not like it. Ves needs to go down he is a waste of a spot right now. Worst case send Lemieux down to get some games in until we send Ves down after Finland. I would have kept Dano to battle with Petan for Ves spot

I like Lemieux over all 3 of these guys - haven't seen a ton of him but from what I have seen, he brings it.
You just know Maurice is going to like this guy and work to get him into the line up - I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 4th and KV down for development.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia