Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Many have long held the opinion Dano would never be placed on waivers, let alone clear them. Now's your final chance to vote on the issue. We'll know the results in 24 hours.

Just so it's understood, voting yes means he remains a Jet (for the time being anyways) and could then be reassigned to the Moose. A no vote means you believe another team will claim him.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think someone will claim Dano, as he looked good in training camp. He hasn't done to much though in his last 2 years with the Jets, and his departure won't make or break the Jets. Be nice to keep him for depth though.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
From another thread:
Well I'm happy. Dano has always teased with his abilities. But this is not so much about Dano and more about Petan and Lemieux.
I'm sure Lemieux is happy today. He didn't have to clear waivers yet Jets obviously want him here. Lemieux had a really good preseason.
I'm sure he'll get some games.
Meanwhile I've been watching World Junior replays of Petan. Wow when he is engaged he is great. I saw him strip pucks off players in the corners.
I saw him speed up the ice with the puck. One day we'll see that Petan again.

Maybe Dano gets picked up off waivers. Maybe he doesn't. No big loss.​

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
15-16 to 18-19 Points per 60 mins. @Marko_Dano 1.51. Joel Armia 1.46. Andrew Copp 1.34. Adam Lowry 1.32. Nic Petan 1.24. Brandon Tanev 1.02.

Idiotic decision. 2nd/3rd liner right now with still potential. This is how you end windows prematurately by making poor decisions on depth players. We've seen this story time and time again. The reason teams like Pittsburgh stay good is that they make good depth decisions, Chevy has done full on opposite.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
15-16 to 18-19 Points per 60 mins. @Marko_Dano 1.51. Joel Armia 1.46. Andrew Copp 1.34. Adam Lowry 1.32. Nic Petan 1.24. Brandon Tanev 1.02.

Idiotic decision. 2nd/3rd liner right now with still potential. This is how you end windows prematurately by making poor decisions on depth players. We've seen this story time and time again. The reason teams like Pittsburgh stay good is that they make good depth decisions, Chevy has done full on opposite.
I don't know. Dano always reminded me of an overweight Evander: plays in straight lines, shoots puck to net, but not very much else.
I think Dano has been living of his reputation of a few good games with Columbus.
So maybe he gets picked up. No big loss.

Reactions: snowkiddin

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From another thread:
Well I'm happy. Dano has always teased with his abilities. But this is not so much about Dano and more about Petan and Lemieux.
I'm sure Lemieux is happy today. He didn't have to clear waivers yet Jets obviously want him here. Lemieux had a really good preseason.
I'm sure he'll get some games.
Meanwhile I've been watching World Junior replays of Petan. Wow when he is engaged he is great. I saw him strip pucks off players in the corners.
I saw him speed up the ice with the puck. One day we'll see that Petan again.

Maybe Dano gets picked up off waivers. Maybe he doesn't. No big loss.​
Well it is clear now that Dano has been passed by Lemieux, KV and Petan on the depth chart. I'm guessing someone lays a claim, but agree not much of a loss.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't know. Dano always reminded me of an overweight Evander: plays in straight lines, shoots puck to net, but not very much else.
I think Dano has been living of his reputation of a few good games with Columbus.
So maybe he gets picked up. No big loss.

Your not watching close enough then. Dano plays nothing like Kane. Dano is fantastic at angles, he knows how to eliminate options on the forecheck and in the defensive zone with his excellent angles on puck carriers. He is VERY good at finding the dead ice in the offensive zone, Kane's biggest weakness. Underrated vision. Consistently wins puck battles. Carrying the puck through the neutral zone (Kane's biggest strength) is probably Dano's biggest weakness as he is weak with the puck on his stick at times. Good at getting his stick in shooting and passing lanes. Obviously skating is just average but is mitigated somewhat by his angles. No one is saying he is perfect or a superstar, but a solid 3rd liner that can move up in case of injury is what he is. A reliable player that could have helped them use the 3rd scoring line more is what should have happened. But much like Chiarot it just shows how the Jets consistently struggle with talent evaluation outside of their top few guys.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
In the event that multiple clubs place a claim, the Waiver priority is as follows:
  • Lowest winning percentage of points at the time of the claim during the regular season.
  • If claim is placed before November 1st, the previous season’s regular season standings are used.
  • In the event that the clubs have the same winning percentage of points at the time of claim, the team with the lowest winning percentage would receive the player (excluding games won in shootout).
  • If still tied, then fewest number of points against each other.
  • If still tied, then the team with the lowest differential between goals for and goals against will receive the player.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
@Aavco Cup speculating that Chevy promised to waive him if he isn’t playing. I could see that being the case but have a hard time understanding how they ended up in this situation in the first place.
If that was the case Chevy would have tried to trade him first. If there was some interest you'd think he would have been able to at least get a late round pick.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t be surprised if Arizona claimed him, they love picking up half eaten cheeseburgers out of the dumpster because some stats says they’re going to be a superstar.
eclair.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad