Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
those that say this was an idiotic move clearly have no clue that perhaps there's always been stuff going on behind the scenes with Mr Dano.
maybe he never gives effort at practice.
maybe he lacks maturity.
he's come into camp out of shape before.

he's clearly not showing something when he's not on the ice. then you have a guy like Hendricks who never showed anything while on the ice but clearly shows something outside of the game.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
those that say this was an idiotic move clearly have no clue that perhaps there's always been stuff going on behind the scenes with Mr Dano.
maybe he lacks maturity.

he's clearly not showing something when he's not on the ice. then you have a guy like Hendricks who never showed anything while on the ice but clearly shows something outside of the game.
Clearly perhaps?

You seem very sure of yourself.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
maybe he lacks maturity.

He works hard in the practices I've watched, he came into this year's camp noticeably faster and stronger than previously and was very good to excellent in the preseason. You're right about not knowing the full backstory but he's been here for years and warmed the bench for years, and at the moment we have KVes and Lemmy who are both waiver-exempt -- so why waive him now? This is just one more head-scratcher this season for me.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I never really liked Dano, and what he;s shown in the lineup. This year however he looked really good in training camp, and came to play in good shape. I have to say I was impressed with his play, and he should have been "kept" here.

I'm surprised Chevy would do this ?? being the shrewd guy that he is ?? -something here is amiss, and doesn't make sense. It's very possible that Dano could really become a solid NHL'r.

I'm surprised by this move -- we have waiver exempt players (Lemy,Vesa) we could have sent down, and we could hang on to Dano, and have one last long look at him ??

This move comes as somewhat of a shocker to me-- there must be a reason--I'd be very very surprised if 2-3 teams are not interested in him ??

He's as good as gone now :huh:

Reactions: Pomee

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, all the best to Dano. I hope he gets a chance with another team and does well. But not too well. I'll be some pissed if Vegas claims him and he becomes a 30 goal scorer for them.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don’t like this move when they are playing Ves 7 min a night. Send Ves down and keep Dano. Then let Dano walk at the end of the season. Ves gets more playing time to develop +contract slide and they can sit Dano without caring about pissing him off...

IMO, Dano had won the vacant spot in TC, although it was close with Lemieux. Vesalainen was not in the picture anywhere. KV has been harmless but useless so far, but he is still here. WTF! Is he even getting 7 min/gm?

If they must keep KV, Lemieux could have been sent down without waivers. When all they are doing is sitting in the PB, what difference does it make? Although both are better off in the A, playing instead of sitting.

If they must waive Dano it would have been safer to do it a week and a half ago, on cut down day. That is the time he is least likely to be claimed.

I don't know if he will clear or not. Depends on how deeply his reputation has been damaged. He could certainly help some teams. But this is the wrong thing to do from the Jets POV. Just unnecessary and all to keep a player who is clearly not ready. :shakehead

For his sake, I hope he is claimed by a team that will appreciate him. But Jets are slowly leaking decent players/assets. If he is not claimed, Jets will have gained a little more roster flexibility and the Moose will be better.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@Aavco Cup speculating that Chevy promised to waive him if he isn’t playing. I could see that being the case but have a hard time understanding how they ended up in this situation in the first place.

Jeebus Murphy! If that is the case, just play him, ffs. KV should not be in the lineup. Pure and simple.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What does that have to do with it? I made a comment on where I believed Dano stood on the Jets depth chart, which is determined by Jets management and coaching staff not by a cross section of HFBoards posters.

In the post I was replying to, it sounded like you were agreeing that Dano should be below guys like Lemieux and KV on the depth chart. If that's not the case then we have no disagreement.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm surprised the voting results say - 26 % chance he won't be claimed ?? I find that hard to believe. :eek:

Reactions: JetsFan815

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Guess the Jets org was never super-enthused about this guy. I thought the team might have been marginally better right now with him in the lineup but it can’t be about the team being marginally better. Hope he catches on somewhere and makes a contribution.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yah I give you that. He is good at puck battles.
But I guess this is more about the decision that Chevy had to make.
I for one I'm glad that Chevy chose Lemieux and Petan over Dano. Not because Dano is not a capable NHLer.
But more I'm excited seeing the progession on Lemieux and Petan in the NHL.

I liked the disciplined Lemieux we saw in the preseason. Can he continue to build on that?
I liked the more aggressive Petan in the AHL last year. Can he gain the confidence he needs to be an impactful NHLer?

I voted Dano does not get claimed. It's interesting either way.

He didn't choose Lemieux and Petan over Dano. He chose Vesalainen over Dano.

Reactions: Board Bard

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
KVes ain't going nowhere before he gets his 10 games and his ELC starts burning. Everything suggests that it's has been agreed thusly in the contract negotiations.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
WHAT?! Why would they possibly waive Dano when Lemieux is waiver-exempt and could use some AHL time?!
This is terrible asset management if he gets claimed - he never got a great chance here.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
KVes ain't going nowhere before he gets his 10 games and his ELC starts burning. Everything suggests that it's has been agreed thusly in the contract negotiations.

Why would the Jets agree to such a condition? :huh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
K-Ves playing without a performance bonus this season returns all kinds of mojo from management.

Over another guy with no bonus? How does that work? It still will kill a year of his ELC and get him to UFA a year quicker if it keeps up. Not to mention that it would make him eligible for the XD if that is delayed a year. The timing of that is not written in stone yet.

Reactions: Board Bard

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Don’t know if there was a deal to be had for the expansion draft but we basically lost a 1st, Armia and now Dano since then. I can’t help but feel we could have done better. Easy to say looking back but it feels like we are giving up a lot of assets when we really didn’t have to...

Reactions: Board Bard and GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad