Player Discussion Daniel Vladar

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Picked him up in my SIM league. Will be the Bruins main guy three seasons from now.

Oh come on - I like the kid but lets pump the brakes a bit. What makes you think he'll be the "Bruins main guy three seasons from now"? Was it his .911 save % for the Atlanta Gladiators?

He's a good prospect, but thats all he is as of now. I'm pumped to see him in the AHL for an extended look.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Oh come on - I like the kid but lets pump the brakes a bit. What makes you think he'll be the "Bruins main guy three seasons from now"? Was it his .911 save % for the Atlanta Gladiators?

He's a good prospect, but thats all he is as of now. I'm pumped to see him in the AHL for an extended look.

I traded for him in my SIM league so he has no choice.

It's more like his 12 AHL games before the age of 21. He elevates his play to surrounding talent maybe? Plus he's huge. I like his tools.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I traded for him in my SIM league so he has no choice.

It's more like his 12 AHL games before the age of 21. He elevates his play to surrounding talent maybe? Plus he's huge. I like his tools.

Sounds like you think hes a great prospect, which is fair. I just don't see him as the "Bruins main guy in three years" yet. We shall see though.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sounds like you think hes a great prospect, which is fair. I just don't see him as the "Bruins main guy in three years" yet. We shall see though.

I think he could be, but he could also be a place holder for someone else in the pipeline.

Rask will be be up in 3 years and at 34yr old who knows what his role will be. Maybe he's still a #1, maybe he's nose dives and is a back-up, maybe he retires.

Zane could very well not even be with Boston in 3 years. His AHL numbers are nothing great and he's been lit up at the NHL level.

Keyser could be a guy that competes again Vladar. Kyle should have around 2 years of pro hockey experience (maybe splitting time with Vladar in the AHL) and he'll be around 22yr old.

Swayman in 3 years (assuming he doesn't leave early) would be finishing his senior year a Maine. Barring some insane development (which if it happened I doubt he stays at Maine 3 years) he's not going to jump straight to the NHL.

So assuming Rask doesn't stay in Boston after his contract is up and Zane is axed to make room for Keyser, its possible that Vladar could be your #1 goalie going into the 2021-2022 season. By the 21-22 season, Vladar will have had 4+ years of pro experience is would probably be the most NHL ready of the goalie Boston current has in the pipeline.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Amazing performance last night. He doesnt let in goals through his body (under arms, five hole etc)

I like how aggressive he is at times unlike Rask.

Providence is going to have solid goaltending this season

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Very misleading stat to look at. Sure he's playing against lesser players which would make you hope his stats are elite, but the team in front of him is also full of lesser players which brings the stats back to Earth. Definitely would take the eye test in this instance.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Very misleading stat to look at. Sure he's playing against lesser players which would make you hope his stats are elite, but the team in front of him is also full of lesser players which brings the stats back to Earth. Definitely would take the eye test in this instance.

I don't disagree here - just saying nothing I've seen from Vladar has proven to me that "He'll be the main guy in three years" as another poster said. He has barely played in the AHL.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think he could be, but he could also be a place holder for someone else in the pipeline.

Rask will be be up in 3 years and at 34yr old who knows what his role will be. Maybe he's still a #1, maybe he's nose dives and is a back-up, maybe he retires.

Zane could very well not even be with Boston in 3 years. His AHL numbers are nothing great and he's been lit up at the NHL level.

Keyser could be a guy that competes again Vladar. Kyle should have around 2 years of pro hockey experience (maybe splitting time with Vladar in the AHL) and he'll be around 22yr old.

Swayman in 3 years (assuming he doesn't leave early) would be finishing his senior year a Maine. Barring some insane development (which if it happened I doubt he stays at Maine 3 years) he's not going to jump straight to the NHL.

So assuming Rask doesn't stay in Boston after his contract is up and Zane is axed to make room for Keyser, its possible that Vladar could be your #1 goalie going into the 2021-2022 season. By the 21-22 season, Vladar will have had 4+ years of pro experience is would probably be the most NHL ready of the goalie Boston current has in the pipeline.

3 years, I don't see him in the Bruins organization past this year. He'll be 27 by the start of next season and pre-tax would had made roughly 600k in his 4 years of pro hockey.

A future job in a well-paying European league is his destiny I think.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don't disagree here - just saying nothing I've seen from Vladar has proven to me that "He'll be the main guy in three years" as another poster said. He has barely played in the AHL.
Yeah fair enough, I guess I should have specified that I wasn't really disagreeing with you just tossing in some context to the stats. I am also a horrible scout of goalie talent myself so take this all with a grain of salt.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
3 years, I don't see him in the Bruins organization past this year. He'll be 27 by the start of next season and pre-tax would had made roughly 600k in his 4 years of pro hockey.

A future job in a well-paying European league is his destiny I think.

Ok? lol. Lets say your right and he's not here after this season, he still isn't here 3 years from now (as I said).

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Yes you have. Its called NHL preseason which is like the same thing as top ahl games :)

He has been stable as a rock so far. The size, reflex, rebound control .... impressive

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Yes you have. Its called NHL preseason which is like the same thing as top ahl games :)

He has been stable as a rock so far. The size, reflex, rebound control .... impressive

So we're counting NHL pre season games as a reason to anoint him the next starter of the Bruins?

I think not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So we're counting NHL pre season games as a reason to anoint him the next starter of the Bruins?

I think not.

Yep. The promise is real

Otherwise Mcintyre would have been anointed as the next starter two seasons ago(or last season).....

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Vlader has looked great in preseason against some NHL caliber players. But there's a difference for a reason. I'm definitely not ready to anoint him as The Next One. He is one to watch at the position, especially if he has a good rookie season for Providence.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Really excited to see Vladar this season in Providence. They have handled his progress masterfully so far and can’t wait to see the next step.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Can someone remind me the goalie the team drafted but he never signed with them? There was some hype around him, Vladar and McIntyre being the goal tending future

That’s a helluva trivia question. I sure can’t think of anyone good.

Kyle Wanvig was one but he wasn’t a goalie.

They redrafted Nick Boynron themselves...

Really can’t remember any prospect that actually “got away” Kris Versteeg but he was traded before he amounted to anything.

John Grahame? But he got loaded and broke his ankle on his way outta town?

Jordan Sigalet but he got MS?

Toivanen as the next guy mentioned was a first round pick.

I don’t think there is a right answer to this...

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
That’s a helluva trivia question. I sure can’t think of anyone good.

Kyle Wanvig was one but he wasn’t a goalie.

They redrafted Nick Boynron themselves...

Really can’t remember any prospect that actually “got away” Kris Versteeg but he was traded before he amounted to anything.

John Grahame? But he got loaded and broke his ankle on his way outta town?

Jordan Sigalet but he got MS?

Toivanen as the next guy mentioned was a first round pick.

I don’t think there is a right answer to this...

The one I'm thinking of went on to win a handful of Vezinas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad