Player Discussion Daniel Vladar

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
It would be huge for the organization if this kid takes the next step in his development and plays a solid season in Providence and takes the reigns away from McIntyre there. His first 2 games this season (1 in prospect tournament and Washington game) have been extremely impressive.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It would be huge for the organization if this kid takes the next step in his development and plays a solid season in Providence and takes the reigns away from McIntyre there. His first 2 games this season (1 in prospect tournament and Washington game) have been extremely impressive.

I even liked the way he wacked the forcheckers stick away and pushed forwards here and there on the pp

Hopefully we will get to see him play one more pre season game

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
It's interesting to see how the Bruins have their goalies lined up right now.
Halak signed 2 years.
McIntyre final year.
Vladar finally going to see full-time AHL.
Keyser turns 20 next year and is AHL eligible.

This might be McIntyre's final year with the Bruins if Vladar can step up. This year he is the backup; next year he is the starter with Keyser as backup; the year after he is NHL backup. If Swayman plays only 3 years of college hockey, he comes out then with the open AHL spot.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It's interesting to see how the Bruins have their goalies lined up right now.
Halak signed 2 years.
McIntyre final year.
Vladar finally going to see full-time AHL.
Keyser turns 20 next year and is AHL eligible.

This might be McIntyre's final year with the Bruins if Vladar can step up. This year he is the backup; next year he is the starter with Keyser as backup; the year after he is NHL backup. If Swayman plays only 3 years of college hockey, he comes out then with the open AHL spot.

Could be sooner. If Rask is traded in a year or two

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Up until the B's draft Swayman, Vladar was the guy I really kept an eye on. His size makes him so intriguing, but many of the scouting reports you read on him is that he is very athletic and was just a raw talent. IIRC the hockey writers website did a report on him and had him projected as a future starting goalie. Its actually crazy to look and see that Vladar has been playing pro hockey since he was 19 years old.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
A year before his draft season he was considered a 1st rounder I believe. Not that it means much, but he was considered a huge talent from early age. Thought he stagnated a bit in the last couple years, happy to hear he has done well in the pre-season game. He has the potential to be a strong NHL starter.
It has probably been mentioned sometime already, but vladař in Czech is a synonym to ruler/king.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
The game last night was the first I had saw him play and I was pretty impressed. Good positioning and agility in the net, was square to a lot of shots.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
A year before his draft season he was considered a 1st rounder I believe. Not that it means much, but he was considered a huge talent from early age. Thought he stagnated a bit in the last couple years, happy to hear he has done well in the pre-season game. He has the potential to be a strong NHL starter.
It has probably been mentioned sometime already, but vladař in Czech is a synonym to ruler/king.

Darth Vladar, Ruler of Pucks

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I thought he was very calm & focused. IMO he did an excellent job holding the Caps to just 2 goals especially with a lot of their starters playing and the Bruins with a bunch of kids.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins sure love their Czech kids.

He's also a 2015'er. What a hell of a draft for us if in three years, it looks like this:

XXXX-- XXX -- XXX
DeBrusk --- JFK -- XXX
XXX -- XXX -- Senyshyn
XXX -- XXX -- XXX

XXX -- XXX
Zboril -- Carlo
XXX -- XXX

Vlader
XXXX

All at the ripe old age of 24. Sprinkle in some '14 ( Pasta, Heinen, Donato, Bjork ) and a dash of '16 ( McAvoy, Frederic ) and we're looking at something that could possibly turn into the most successful three year draft spree in Bruins history.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Bruins sure love their Czech kids.

He's also a 2015'er. What a hell of a draft for us if in three years, it looks like this:

XXXX-- XXX -- XXX
DeBrusk --- JFK -- XXX
XXX -- XXX -- Senyshyn
XXX -- XXX -- XXX

XXX -- XXX
Zboril -- Carlo
XXX -- XXX

Vlader
XXXX

All at the ripe old age of 24. Sprinkle in some '14 ( Pasta, Heinen, Donato, Bjork ) and a dash of '16 ( McAvoy, Frederic ) and we're looking at something that could possibly turn into the most successful three year draft spree in Bruins history.

It’s funny how having 5 picks in the first 50 of a top 3 all time draft class will do that for you.

Debust is really making me eat crow though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad