Player Discussion Daniel Vladar

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I am going to give him a free pass on last nights game - tough coming off the bench and playing in your first NHL game in the playoffs when not seeing game action for months....but ehhh. Looked like the JV goalie called up to varsity.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I am going to give him a free pass on last nights game - tough coming off the bench and playing in your first NHL game in the playoffs when not seeing game action for months....but ehhh. Looked like the JV goalie called up to varsity.

His team didn't exactly help the kid out...

Reactions: hrdpuk

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Like his size but he moves slowly and was not very calm in net. Lots of movement and holes. That’s my only viewing and I know nothing about goalies besides what jack and brick and raycroft talk about.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That was the worst possible time to throw him in. The B's absolutely sucked in front of him
Why not? They sucked infront of Halak too. It saved him from seeing a couple more pucks go by and got him a period and a half of rest, that’s ultimately what’s most important right now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All in all it was probably good experience for the kid so long as it doesn't give him the yips going forward.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
After what he did with Providence last season, I think he showed he could have a big future. I honestly though if Rask did not return they would roll with Halak and Vladar until one of them floundered enough to require bringing in a different GK. It would have been a gamble sure, but one that could have certainly payed off and allowed them some financial room. If anything were to happen o Halak or Rask in regard to injury, I think Vladar comes up and takes their place for certain. And I honestly think he has it in him to be a top 15 GK or so. Not sure exactly where in that top 15. But definitely will be an NHL GK and I think probably a starting one. If Rask does leave after this season, fairly certain he gets his chance then. And Marchand and Bergeron still have a at least 2-3 seasons left with the way they look on the ice still, so if Vladar doesn't cut it, I think he will be on a short leash. And I can absolutely see him doing a Murray, a Binnington, a Merzlikins, or now I guess a Lankanen. Looks like Hawks got lucky with him at least. And I think the Bruins believe in him, otherwise they would have had more cushion under Rask/Halak. Too bad the AHL is still...... meh

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Could it be Vladar's coming out game tonight?

Loving Halak however he may need a breather back to back.

Hey how did you know??? :laugh:

Vladar is the tallest goalie the Bruins has had in their system

Hope to see more. No need to bombard Halak with unreasonable workload

Reactions: BMC

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I just came in to see if someone had posted that sitting Halak and giving Vlader some time had happened yet. Good to see HF doesn't disappoint. :laugh:
Hey I just want to see the guy play. I’m selfish. U see the length on his limbs. I can’t believe the bruins have goalie prospects that are knocking on the nhls door.

Reactions: LSCII

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For a big fella he has good reflexes and covers the lower part of the net well

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with Vladar in net vs Halak

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
He did well in the end. Stupid mistake in the beginning could tell the lack of maturity, whats supposed to happen when you are 15 yo.

After the game i went throught some of his games in AHL and i’m not quite impressed. I could see him more as Jimmy Waite instead of contender goalie.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He did well in the end. Stupid mistake in the beginning could tell the lack of maturity, whats supposed to happen when you are 15 yo.

After the game i went throught some of his games in AHL and i’m not quite impressed. I could see him more as Jimmy Waite instead of contender goalie.
Despite the win yesterday he wasn’t really tested but he has played two games and won both and looked good against Pittsburgh. I’m slowly losing faith in Halak . Another stinker from Halak and I’m rolling the dice with this kid .

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Despite the win yesterday he wasn’t really tested but he has played two games and won both and looked good against Pittsburgh. I’m slowly losing faith in Halak . Another stinker from Halak and I’m rolling the dice with this kid .

Rask with his injury and Halak having some inconsistencies makes the goaltending situation
somewhat unsettling. Never would have thought
that 15 games ago..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->