Player Discussion Daniel Vladar

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Like to see a real competition between Vladdy and the Sway Man for next year's roster. Two talented goaltenders who are ready to make the leap over two middle aged guys with health problems.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Like to see a real competition between Vladdy and the Sway Man for next year's roster. Two talented goaltenders who are ready to make the leap over two middle aged guys with health problems.
I think either way they allow Swayman to have a full year in AHL. Vladar has already proven himself down there. They need Swayman to work through the grind of a full season as a pro.

Same way they handled Tuukka.

Reactions: Kalus and Ratty

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think either way they allow Swayman to have a full year in AHL. Vladar has already proven himself down there. They need Swayman to work through the grind of a full season as a pro.

Good point. Wonder who backs up Vladar? Guess they can pick up an experienced, Dubnyk type, for cheap in the off season.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Back of my mind thought Sway could get burnt by coming out a little extra one of these days. Flyers 3rd goal was the result

Rebound control could use a little work also. However todays goals were mostly due to Bruins breakdown at their own end

Swayman one on one raw ability is excellent. Just needs to smoothen out a few things. I believe he will

Last edited:
Reactions: Scruffy

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Back of my mind thought Sway could get burnt by coming out a little extra one of these days. Flyers 3rd goal was the result

Rebound control could use a little work also. However todays goals were mostly due to Bruins breakdown at their own end

Swayman one on one raw ability is excellent. Just needs to smoothen out a few things. I believe he will

Yesterday didn’t really change my opinion of Swayman much. They had a game to scout him and attack him differently. He’s gonna go through these things and he’s going to have to learn how to adjust. It’s just easier to learn some of these things in the AHL.

Are you ready to commit to Rask with his health, no show and age issues? I'd rather find, as I mentioned, a seasoned healthy goalie who can back up and help mentor Vladar or Swayman, whoever prevails.
Yeah I mean it really depends how Rask looks when he returns and what his desire is to continue playing. When he’s on there’s not many better goalies in the league. I’d rather take a chance on Rask’s reliability then get a much lesser goalie for similar money.

I’d only be interested in at most 3 years with Rask, ideally 1 or 2 at a pay cut.

I don’t think they’re going to make Vladar a starter before they give him a full season as back up/1b.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yesterday didn’t really change my opinion of Swayman much. They had a game to scout him and attack him differently. He’s gonna go through these things and he’s going to have to learn how to adjust. It’s just easier to learn some of these things in the AHL.

Yeah I mean it really depends how Rask looks when he returns and what his desire is to continue playing. When he’s on there’s not many better goalies in the league. I’d rather take a chance on Rask’s reliability then get a much lesser goalie for similar money.

I’d only be interested in at most 3 years with Rask, ideally 1 or 2 at a pay cut.

I don’t think they’re going to make Vladar a starter before they give him a full season as back up/1b.

He probably was also distracted with his former coach on his mind and in his heart.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That would suck if he jumps ship to the KHL. I still think he should get a legit shot for backup to Rask which would let Swayman start in Providence. Keyser could back him up.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Do you think he sees Swayman here as the backup, and open to other options at this point?

Wonder if a team that loses a goalie via expansion would want him, if he doesn't jump to the KHL.

Pilipenko is a soon-to-be 25 year old forward who's mostly played in the VHL, so I don't think that's a trade made where Avtomobilist is expecting to have Vladar play for them anytime soon.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Do you think he sees Swayman here as the backup, and open to other options at this point?

Wonder if a team that loses a goalie via expansion would want him, if he doesn't jump to the KHL.

He's under contract for two more years and the final year is a one-way deal at 800k. He has to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL starting next year. I can't see him jumping to the KHL at this juncture. It's not like his NHL future looks in serious doubt. I think he's on an NHL team somewhere next season, although it may not be Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad