Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
What does that mean?

I have outlined it in the past, they are the center of the core and any chance of winning a SC with them as the core is slim to none, their contracts keep them here and there is a lag between them and the younger smaller group coming up in Horvat (and whatever other prospects actually develop).

They will continue to put up points in their continuing downward aging arc sure, but the team will not be a contender until after they are gone, due to mismanagement.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
They had their chances, it's time to move on and lots of great players aren't going to ever win a SC in a 30 team league it's reality.

I have outlined it in the past, they are the center of the core and any chance of winning a SC with them as the core is slim to none, their contracts keep them here and there is a lag between them and the younger smaller group coming up in Horvat (and whatever other prospects actually develop).

They will continue to put up points in their continuing downward aging arc sure, but the team will not be a contender until after they are gone, due to mismanagement.[/QUO

Are you serious? We should just mail it in for the next three years?:shakehead

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
well no actually time to move on is in a few years. feel free to move on and return when that happens though. we'll miss you, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made

:laugh:

Hilarious reading some of the stuff that gets said about them.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
That micced up video was surreal. I just assumed Hank just says please and thank you out there, with friendly nods before face offs.

Jun 15, 2014
Loved that video!

Hank the Tank! Also really liked Bo and Hank talking on the bench ahah

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
"They had their chances it's time to move on" NO you do everything ****ing possible to get the best players in franchise history a cup.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
"They had their chances it's time to move on" NO you do everything ****ing possible to get the best players in franchise history a cup.

Well, not everything possible (like sacrifice the future), but yeah, you at least contend until they are gone.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
If you grasp at contending desperately, you have the Jerome Iginla model, though.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If you grasp at contending desperately, you have the Jerome Iginla model, though.

Can't really sell off the Sedins like the Flames could and should have with Iginla, though. Obviously we have other pieces, but now isn't the time. Not with both Sedins top 20 in NHL scoring.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Can't really sell off the Sedins like the Flames could and should have with Iginla, though. Obviously we have other pieces, but now isn't the time. Not with both Sedins top 20 in NHL scoring.

Honestly we are going to tank like crazy when the twins retire, I really don't see the rush to do it now. Might as well let them help develop the kids coming through and mentor them the same way Sundin mentored them. When the Hawks tanked for Toews and Kane, they already had a solid base with Keith and Seabrok and a bunch of support players coming up. We should be doing the same thing, get the support ready and then when the twins retire, draft that #1C. Hopefully we can spend all our drafts between now and then on drafting D and get a potential #1D in the system.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Someone should put this in the OP btw:

Hank has been a warrior the past month. Really impressed me how he's trying to lead this team into the playoffs.

I tell it like it is. His 2 points tonight were clutch.
He almost led a comeback in what would have been a huge win. Can't do it all but then again most players can't, but the effort is commendable.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

yeah as much as i like some of the dudes and prospects on our team and drafting etc i would give all of our/most prospects for two or three good cracks at the cup with this core

Well, not everything possible (like sacrifice the future), but yeah, you at least contend until they are gone.

well.. what's the future? like the canucks might have another 100 years as a franchise or more. what does it matter if we rebuild in 2016 or 2020? its just time.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
nah thats totally within character. it 'legitimizes' his complaints if he can compliment them when their efforts are objectively excellent

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
well.. what's the future? like the canucks might have another 100 years as a franchise or more. what does it matter if we rebuild in 2016 or 2020? its just time.

just as i read that last sentence, piano and bells started coming on in my head and then stephin merritt's stupid voice. so thanks for that. now it's like i'm having my morning coffee in the slow-mo montage at the end of an episode at the end of an arc in how i met your mother or scrubs... oh no, the cello breakdown...

you're right though: why not try to get them that cup? i'd watch that. the montage will make me cry.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
tied with nash; one point back of stamkos, giroux, and getzlaf; two points back of benn.

if the current trend of every guy leading the league in points getting injured continues until the end of the season, there's just enough time left for our boy hank to sneak in and snag it.

looking at you, tavares.

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009

*Jarome.

Also, the Canucks are miles ahead of where the Flames were when they traded Iginla.

Just because the top two players in the core are old, does not mean the entire core is old. Horvat, Edler, Tanev, Bonino, and Lack say otherwise. And that's to say nothing of our excellent prospect pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad