Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Henrik tied with the great Steven Stamkos. 5 points behind the best player in the world.

4 points in Arizona, win the Art Ross, explode the HF.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
they've put the team on their back recently, scoring is down this year, I'm sure a guy like Hardyvan would have scoffed at the idea of a Sedin having as many points as Stamkos this late in the year, but he'll find a way to move goalposts to debunk it.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
they've put the team on their back recently, scoring is down this year, I'm sure a guy like Hardyvan would have scoffed at the idea of a Sedin having as many points as Stamkos this late in the year, but he'll find a way to move goalposts to debunk it.

Errr, uhhhh, Vrbata, uhhhh, Burrows, mmmmm, Kassian? You neek?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Me too.

I'm not willing to accept it might have to be somewhere else. Yet.

The odds of them being with another team is insanely low unless we trade them in the last year of the contract at the trade deadline and eat 90% of the salary.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
ima put this back here because maybe, just maybe this year...

being that we lost anyway, and that the sedins were non-factors again in game seven, it would have been nice in a consolation prize sort of way to see daniel look the ref right in the face then turn around and grab marchand's jersey with his left hand and start pounding his face in, i mean just keep punching even after he's unconscious. then look the ref in the face again, now covered in marchand's blood, and casually mumble some sly stallone-esque catch phrase like "i'll take my ten minutes now, chief," before chucking marchand's limp lifeless body into the ref's arms.

...whoa, where did that come from? (still imagining daniel flying off into the sunset in a helicopter with journey playing in the background)

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Here's Hank mic'd up for the game, 2:24 future captain congratulating current captain :D.

if it wasn't clear why they made henrik the captain and not daniel all those years ago, here it is.

he's like tim duncan out there. and here i thought it was just ESP.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I want them to win a cup so badly

Yeah which is why - since management stated their intent to contend this year - losing good players in Santorelli and Garrison pisses me off so much. Keeping them is no guarantee you'll go deep but it sure as hell makes this team better.

I want to see them win one with this team so much.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
If there's any justice in this world we'll go on a cinderella run and win the cup with them before their contracts are up.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the world is just. But it's nice to dream.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
If there's any justice in this world we'll go on a cinderella run and win the cup with them before their contracts are up.

Ever since the 2011 season , I've felt the canucks will win the cup in a year we all never expect it.

No chance we win it this year

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014

"Any justice" and a "just world" can exist separately.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
From Y2K only a few weeks ago:
Mike Gillis's parting "screw you" to the franchise was to anchor it with these 4 year contracts that are absolutely killing this team. The Sedins are bad now, and that's only halfway through year 1 of the contract. Just think of how lousy those contracts will be in years 3 and 4.
:shakehead
The only thing I enjoy more than the Sedin's racking up points is knowing that Y2K has to retreat back into his lair, waiting for the next 2 or 3 pointless game streak to come back out and start trying to spread his gospel.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I want so badly for these guys to win a cup. I'm still haunted by 2011, but that sadness has helped me come to terms with the fact that the Sedins most likely would have to be traded to win a cup now.

I think I'd totally be ok with us sending them off to a powerhouse that would increase their chances of raising the cup. Of course, if we ended up doing that (let's face it, it won't happen) and they still didn't win, I'd be completely obliterated from the sadness. ;)

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I want so badly for these guys to win a cup. I'm still haunted by 2011, but that sadness has helped me come to terms with the fact that the Sedins most likely would have to be traded to win a cup now.

I think I'd totally be ok with us sending them off to a powerhouse that would increase their chances of raising the cup. Of course, if we ended up doing that (let's face it, it won't happen) and they still didn't win, I'd be completely obliterated from the sadness. ;)

They had their chances, it's time to move on and lots of great players aren't going to ever win a SC in a 30 team league it's reality.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
They had their chances, it's time to move on and lots of great players aren't going to ever win a SC in a 30 team league it's reality.

well no actually time to move on is in a few years. feel free to move on and return when that happens though. we'll miss you, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino