Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
A few days ago I heard Turn It Up by Timeflies. First time I've ever heard of them, but I liked it. :handclap:

Turning it up is definitely what the Sedins have been doing lately.

Music for guys not old enough to shave.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll leave this here.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole intent of starting a dispute. Please note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling. Please keep it civil even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that these are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will be regarded as trolling or offensive in most cases. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. This is viewed as trolling/flaming. Copying posts from one HFBoard forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling/flaming as well.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
An open letter

Dearest Pauser,

I disagree strongly with your argument that players who almost never play apart can be judged based on their production in that scenario, this is even more problematic when this questionable statistic compared to other players who play apart much more frequently (at the very least, judging all players by their rate of production in this scenario would correct for differences in usage).

I feel that your "unique points" approach to evaluation is, at best, misguided.

I can easily provide you with figures that back up this approach in even strength situations (by directly comparing production togther/apart to icetime together/apart), and if you were interested in an open and honest discussion of the subject I might consider taking the time to compile similar numbers for the powerplay to compare the Sedins to one (1) other notable pair of top NHL forwards.

(Frankly the Sedins' near 100% overlap in powerplay ice time makes this latter exercise purely academic, but, if you feel it would increase your understanding of the pitfalls of your current evaluation method, I would be happy to help out.)

If you've no interest in pursuing this discusion on these terms (or similarly honest and productive ones) then I will simply leave my objections here for the general good of the message board.

Respectfully yours,

Dave

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
An open letter

Dearest Pauser,

I disagree strongly with your argument that players who almost never play apart can be judged based on their production in that scenario, this is even more problematic when this questionable statistic compared to other players who play apart much more frequently (at the very least, judging all players by their rate of production in this scenario would correct for differences in usage).

I feel that your "unique points" approach to evaluation is, at best, misguided.

I can easily provide you with figures that back up this approach in even strength situations (by directly comparing production togther/apart to icetime together/apart), and if you were interested in an open and honest discussion of the subject I might consider taking the time to compile similar numbers for the powerplay to compare the Sedins to one (1) other notable pair of top NHL forwards.

(Frankly the Sedins' near 100% overlap in powerplay ice time makes this latter exercise purely academic, but, if you feel it would increase your understanding of the pitfalls of your current evaluation method, I would be happy to help out.)

If you've no interest in pursuing this discusion on these terms (or similarly honest and productive ones) then I will simply leave my objections here for the general good of the message board.

Respectfully yours,

Dave

Dear Pauser,

The Sedins are done? Downward spiral? Maybe 50 points?

The canucks are a bottom 5 team in the nhl this year?

Your analysis of this team is a little (way) off. Please re calibrate.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'd love to play the Flames in the first round. I know the Sedins would kick the piss out of them. I'd love to see Johnny hookey's tears.

BTL

Mar 7, 2015
It was actually relieving to see Danny making plays tonight. He had a few bad turn overs but actually responded with energy and looked hungry the whole night. Hank and him now both tied with 60 on the season.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Daniel Sedin has more assists than Henrik. This hasn't happened in a full season since 03/04!

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Daniel Sedin has more assists than Henrik. This hasn't happened in a full season since 03/04!

well if daniel's declining...and yet he's producing more assists then henrik, then that must mean henrik's declining...which means they're both scrubs! :sarcasm:

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
So With Daniel getting 6 points in his last 4 games to Henrik's 2 points over the same span, Daniel now leads the twins in scoring by 2 points. Only 4 times has Daniel out produced Henrik. Gone are the days of perennial 30+ goal seasons, but he is still helping row the boat for sure.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So With Daniel getting 6 points in his last 4 games to Henrik's 2 points over the same span, Daniel now leads the twins in scoring by 2 points. Only 4 times has Daniel out produced Henrik. Gone are the days of perennial 30+ goal seasons, but he is still helping row the boat for sure.

In Daniel's defense he's been out of lineup through injury a lot more.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
well if daniel's declining...and yet he's producing more assists then henrik, then that must mean henrik's declining...which means they're both scrubs! :sarcasm:

You could say they are both uniquely declining.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Daniel has been great this year, while Henrik has truly floundered. They're just not the same player anymore. Henrik, once the best playmaker in hockey, now can't even out-playmake Daniel.

It's starting to look like maybe Daniel gets in the HOF and Henrik doesn't. That would be the right call. There's just too great a separation between the two :( :help:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
lol@the myth that Henrik was somehow better than Daniel.

I believe that they are undergoing a pole shift. Daniel used to score more and now they are about even. I expect Henrik to start slowly start outscoring Daniel in the next few years.

Imagine if they had identical stats by the time they retired? :laugh: Yes, I know, a bit farfetched.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Who knows, they could just have switched sweaters.

I seriously wonder if they do this sometimes. Anyone can claim they know the difference between the two, but who says it's not just a small adjustment to the haircut, or the shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia