Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
With 66 and 65 points with 9 games to go. And 8 and 9 points out of the NHL scoring lead respectively. I believe that we can officially say that the Sedins have bounced back.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I seriously wonder if they do this sometimes. Anyone can claim they know the difference between the two, but who says it's not just a small adjustment to the haircut, or the shave?

I always tell them apart by the nose. Henrik's nostrils are more scrunched up like he's smelling something bad.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Only Jamie Benn has more points than Daniel Sedin in the West (tied with Getzlaf and Pavelski).

Henrik (along with Seguin and Hudler) is only a point back of that group.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Only Jamie Benn has more points than Daniel Sedin in the West (tied with Getzlaf and Pavelski).

Henrik (along with Seguin and Hudler) is only a point back of that group.

Stop twisting the data to made the Sedins look good! They aren't even top 5 in the league! Terrible contracts!

:sarcasm:

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
With 66 and 65 points with 9 games to go. And 8 and 9 points out of the NHL scoring lead respectively. I believe that we can officially say that the Sedins have bounced back.

what are they doing with that many points, last i heard they're supposed to be around 50

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Daniel and Henrik getting empty net points, where in past years we'd be screaming bloody murder if they were out in a 6-on-5 1-goal last minute situation.

They can "pad their stats with empty netters" all they want. It's better than going to OT and losing in the shootout like we've done up 'til this point.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Is it time to take Burrows off the top line? Although the Sedins have been playing ok hockey as of late, Burrows hasn't been much of a factor. 3 sub 20 goal scorers on the top line just isn't going to cut it going forward.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Is it time to take Burrows off the top line? Although the Sedins have been playing ok hockey as of late, Burrows hasn't been much of a factor. 3 sub 20 goal scorers on the top line just isn't going to cut it going forward.

I'm not sure who you replace him with at this point though. Vrbata's playing so well without them, I think it's better to leave him on the second line to spread out the scoring, Kassian's out, and Hansen's been too good with Horvat to split them up. Maybe Higgins, who's been playing better, and I don't think has ever been tried there, but I don't know if he'd be much help.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I've said in the past that the twins need more defensive help than Kassian can provide... but after seeing them back with Burrows... I think the room he creates and his unpredictability offensively offset any defensive issues they might have. It helps the twins and helps WD spread possession players more evenly throughout the lineup. I hope he goes back to it. I miss watching Kass.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Burrows runs a bit hot and cold. At the moment, offensively, he's gone a bit cold. But with Vrbata and Bonino finally gelling and providing a legitimate second line (if only for a small streak), I'd be loathe to break them up. We really do need Kassian back so he can ride shotgun with the Twins, and Burrows can drop to a checking unit.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I like Kassian with him. Burrows is going to be Burrows on whatever line you out him on. Put him on the second line if Higgins is slumping or on the third line.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I like Kassian with him. Burrows is going to be Burrows on whatever line you out him on. Put him on the second line if Higgins is slumping or on the third line.

Biggest problem is WD refuses to put him on the LW. We have better depth at RW but instead chooses to play Dorsett on his offwing which is bizarre.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
It seems like the Sedins are having their stretch passes intercepted way more than usual. Is anyone surprised by this? You wouldn't think passing would regress over time.

I think they're among the leaders in assists, so no, I don't think their passing skills have diminished much.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not overly worried. Talk to me if they play like this still last game before the playoffs.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Haven't been very good the last 3 games (especially 3 games ago against Dallas) but I wouldn't really worry about it.

Having Kassian back with them would be nice, though :(

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
I think they're among the leaders in assists, so no, I don't think their passing skills have diminished much.

Disagree. They may still be getting assists, but it sure seems like more of their passes are getting deflected or intercepted. I know they play a high-risk game, so they are going to lose some as well as win some. Just feels like there are more losses these days than when they were at their peak.

My biggest concern is watching Henrik. He appears to be having trouble receiving passes. I can't recall seeing so many passes bounce off his stick like he had cement hands. Hopefully, it is nothing more than him nursing a short-term wrist injury.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Meh it's been 4 games, they've been carrying the team all season long. I think you guys are just reading too much into a cold streak, fortunately Bones and Vrby have been fantastic lately and this team is winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad