Damor's League 2011/12 -READ LATEST POST IF INTERESTED IN JOINING/STARTING UP SHORTLY

damor

Dec 28, 2006
:sens looking to upgrade one of their LW for a top line one in a packaged deal...pm if interested in talking

damor

Dec 28, 2006
All Teams Have Been Added To Yahoo.... Now Just Quickly Need To Speak To Gm's Of WAS / DET / PHI Before Teams Go Live...so Please Pm Me When Online

Last edited:

damor

Dec 28, 2006
ROSTERS ARE NOW LIVE IN YAHOO
THEY ARE ALL IN THE BENCH POSITIONS ON WED AND MUST BE MOVED TO THEIR APPROPRIATE ROSTER SPOTS​

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yeah so this is pretty dumb but I forgot what my Yahoo acount username is since I don't actually use Yahoo at all and I just made one for this League.. does it say what my account name is in our league?

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
Yeah so this is pretty dumb but I forgot what my Yahoo acount username is since I don't actually use Yahoo at all and I just made one for this League.. does it say what my account name is in our league?

+2 lol I remember it took me a few minutes to find an available yahoo ID when I made it last week and now I can't remember what it was .. and I dont think I used my real email for it doh' lol..

if anyone could help me out much thanks ;)

damor

Dec 28, 2006
+2 lol I remember it took me a few minutes to find an available yahoo ID when I made it last week and now I can't remember what it was .. and I dont think I used my real email for it doh' lol..

if anyone could help me out much thanks ;)

This is the email name you created:

black.aces

JPavs8Clutchy*

How exactly does the waiver system work?

I dropped Josh Gorges and Eric Belanger to pick up Mathieu Carle and Cody Hodgson.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
How exactly does the waiver system work?

I dropped Josh Gorges and Eric Belanger to pick up Mathieu Carle and Cody Hodgson.

hahaha you probably shouldnt have mentioned that cause everyone can put in a claim for a player on the waiver wire...if u see in the yahoo league there is a waiver number beside every team (which is the reverse order of our draft) and whichever gm who put in a claim has the higher waiver position gets that player on the assigned date it gives you beside the wwaiver....you DON"T need to DROP players, like I saw u did, you SWITCH THEM.... hit the plus sign beside the free agent and then it will prompt u to drop a player simultaneously

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
How good did you draft?

Well I had an assignment I should be doing today, so naturally I began to procrastinate and creep HF. Upon being bored with no interesting news I decided I would try to rank the teams in our draft since we technically never did that. I tried not to look at current injuries, just tried to look at how everyone drafted.

Here is what I came up with

1) Philly - IMO the top team in our league. Deep at every position and capable of putting up points in every category

Van Riemsyk(1.654)-Stamkos(3.725)-Alfredsson(4.875)
Sullivan(3.75)-Carter(5)-Horton(4)
Kunitz(3.725)-Brassard(3.2)-Doan(4.55)
Glenncross(1.2)-Morrison(?)-Bertuzzi(1.9375)

Gonchar(5.5)-Kaberle(4.25)
Timonen(6.33)-Barker(3.083)
Quincey(3.125)-Bieksa(3.75)

Bryzgalov(4.25)
Elliott(0.85)

2) Oilers – Great team, the only reason they are not number 1 is because Philly has a better goalie tandem.

Cammi – Kopitar – Gaborik
Morrow – Pavelski – Franzen
Latendress – Vermette – Little
Omark – Brule – Yip

Ballard – Burns
Giordano – Kulikov
Cuminsky – Gilroy

Halak
Dubnyk

3) Canadians – I had a hard time deciding on the next few spots but feel Montreal slides into the 3rd spot nicely. Center depth is a little weak which is weird for this league as Yahoo seems to have everyone a centermen but the depth and goalies secure their spot as a top 3 team in the league

Parise – Datsyuk – Perry
Ryan – S Koivu – Gionta
Malone – Arnott – Broweur
Pouliot – Eller – D’agostini

Chara – Karlsson
Orpik – Stalman
Beauchemin – Russel

Fleurry
Gustavsson

4) Team Schenn – I am too lazy to look up what team you are but amazing top line. The thing that separates you from the teams lower you is the great defense. Goaltending is weak and could lose you points but I think you did a great job drafting
Marleau – Roy – Heatley
Burrows – Bolland – Downie
Hecht – Filppula – Simmonds
Dawes – Coutrue – Ryder

Pronger – Rafalski
Yandle – Seidenburg
Aucoin – Daley

Anderson
Osgood

5) Flames – Not much star power but lots of depth and can put up good points along with lots of shots and hits. Defense and goaltending separate them from the middle of the pack teams. Hopefully yahoo moves Tangradi to LW where he has been playing for most of the past 3 seasons

Raymond – Weiss – Iginla
Laich – Ribero – Okposo
Macdonald – Fisher – Bourque
Tangradi – Hanzal – Dvorak

Phaneuf – Lidstrom
Edler – Kronwall
Carlson – Carson

Kipper
Leighton

6) Tampa - Great depth down the middle and a team with Nash and Kessel will be a threat. Goatending could hurt the team.
Michalek – Staal – Nash
Ennis – Krejci – Kessel
Stalberg – Staal – Frolik
Miller – Sutter – Strafford

Boyle – Kubina
Pietro – Gunnarsson
Coburn – Stuart

Mason
Leclaire

7) Islanders – All the young kids voted for this team as they think Justin Bieber drafted a great team. It is a shame 2 of his top players are hurt, that will hurt his chances but he drafted a very solid team.

T Ruttu – Zetterberg – Kane
R Whitney – Vinny – Samuelsson
Kulimen – Zajac – Knuble
Cooke – Schremp – Stempniak

Wisniewski – Streit
Gleason – Morris
MacDonald – Taillinder

Dan Ellis
Neuvrith

8) Sharks - Great top 3 lines. Might move this team up later

Elias – Getzlaf – Hossa
Clowe – Richards – Pominville
Carcillo – Seguin – Holstrom
Heduk – Berglund –

Kuba – OEL
Corvo – Leopold
Campoli – Franson

Ward
Mason

9) Senators – Did not like this team much when I first looked at it but every time I look over it i like it a little more. Only issue is the defence.

Jussi Jokinen - Brad Richards - Martin St. Louis
Thomas Fleischmann - Patrick Sharp - Alex Semin
Vinny Prospal - Matt Cullen - Dustin Brown
Scott Parse - Michal Handzus - Scottie Upshall

Alex Goligosky - Andy Greene
Anton Babchuk - Carlo Colaiacovo
Douglas Murray - Fistric

Martin Brodeur
Jimmy Howard

10) Capitals – Lunogo steals them this spot
Neal – Kesler – Hemsky
Hartnell – Antropov – Seto
Ladd – Gomez – Dumont
Avery – Ott – Crombeen

Green – Wideman
Polak – Souray
Alberts – N/A

Lunogo
Nitty

11) Canucks – As the Caps, the goalie tandem gets them this spot. Not many big names but a solid team
Kovelchuk – Lombardi – Callahan
Poni – Jokinen – Zherdev
Blake – Bozak – Callahan
Stillman – Kadri – Hudler

Myers – Robidas
Subban – Campbell
Schultz – Green

Turco
Rinne

12) Stars – Really young team but a team with the best goalie in the league can be competive and could be a handful to deal with in the future

Jamie Benn-Nicklas Backstrom-Jakub Voracek
Peter Mueller-Sam Gagner-David Backes
Evander Kane-Mike Modano-Blake Wheeler
Fabian Brunnstrom-Tom Wandell-Michael Grabner

Jay Bouwmeester-Dan Hamhuis
Chris Philips-Kris Letang
Johnny Boychuk-Karl Alzner

Ryan Miller
Semyon Varlamov

13) Sabres – If this team can stay healthy and Quick can keep his job this team could suprise

Sedin – Sedin – Havlat
Moulson – Connelly – Hornquist
Dupuis – Stoll – Armstrong
Nystrom – Brodziak – Laperriere

McCabe – Enstrom
Tyutin – Giradi
Schenn – Huskins

Quick
Raycroft

14) Rangers – Need to sort out their postion issues with a solid team.

Frolov – Toews – Stewart
Penner – Oshie – Glennie
MacArthur – Dubinsky – Mats Zuccarello
S Kostitsyn – Umberger- Stajan (C)

Suter – Staal
Pitkanen – Hillen
McDonagh - Rozsival

Hundqvist
Biron

15) Bruins – Ktown inherted a problem but with Comrie getting time on Malkin`s wing and a solid defense core he takes the 15th spot
Huselius – Malkin – Langenbrunner
Comrie – M Koivu – Boyes
Tanguay – Regin – Jones
Foligno – Kennedy – Rechhi

Markov – Foster
Carle – Martin
Liles – Hunwick

Vokoun
Roloson

16) Wings – Solid team, just not enough stars. However if Taveras and Giroux break out they could be one of the top teams in the league but they need a lot of things to go right for that to happen. Ultimately their success will come down to if Price and Bernier can play up to the levels they are capable of
Wolski – Thorton – Giroux
Lucic – Taveras – Clarkson
Versteeg – Peverly – Williams
Leino – Schenn – A.K (LW)

Weber – J.Johnson
Bogo – McBain
Butler – Sbisa

Price
Bernier

17) Colorado – Pretty bad forward group but any team with Ovi can win any week
Ovechkin-Spezza-Vrbata
Gagne-Bergeron-Pisani
Lupul-Backlund-guerin
Hagman-Anisimov-Clutterbuck
Cole

Seabrook-Visnovsky
Michalek-Vlasic
Shattenkirk – Ericsson

Hiller
Niemi

18)Devils – Not enough established point producers up front.

Booth – Duchene – Eriksson
Brunette – Plekanec – Selanne
Torres – Steen – Miettinen
Chimera – O’Reilly – Ward

Keith – Ehroff
White – Zidlicky
Komi – Montador

Rask
Thomas

19) Blackhawks – After looking at this team closer it is not as bad as it looks but Rolston on the 1st line looks ugly
Thomas Vanek - Daniel Briere - Brain Rolston
Ryan Smyth - Mikhail Grabovski - Martin Erat
Andrew Cogliano - Darren Helm - Blake Comeau
Eric Boulton - Frans Nielsen - Zack Stortini

Ryan Whitney - Drew Doughty
Michael Del Zotto - Matt Niskanen
Ed Jovanovski - Dustin Byfuglien

Niklas Backstrom
Ondrej Pavelec

20) Penguins- While this team has a bright future, this will not be their year. Too many young guys who need to establish themselves

Taylor Hall - Sidney Crosby - Alexei Kovalev
David Perron - Paul Stastny - Niclas Bergfors
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson - Jordan Eberle - Steve Bernier
Nikita Filatov - Kyle Turris - Trent Hunter

Tom Gilbert - Victor Hedman
Erik Johnson - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Jason Demers - Tom Poti

Kari Lehtonen
Mike Smith

Last edited:

agrudez*

Really great breakdown juice, if you had posted this 3 hours ago (while I had work that needed to be done, but was procrastinating :sarcasm:) I would have posted a rebuttal as I disagree with a few of the positions, but not largely, I don't think.

I doubt it changes my position too much, but I have replaced Bertuzzi with Jack Skille on the 4th line RW and have Belanger and Morrisson currently battling it out for the 4th line C.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Really great breakdown juice, if you had posted this 3 hours ago (while I had work that needed to be done, but was procrastinating :sarcasm:) I would have posted a rebuttal as I disagree with a few of the positions, but not largely, I don't think.

I doubt it changes my position too much, but I have replaced Bertuzzi with Jack Skille on the 4th line RW and have Belanger and Morrisson currently battling it out for the 4th line C.

Ya I know the rankings are not perfect. I think maybe Montreal could slide into 2nd or even 1st after reviewing it. Proably Rated schenn's team a little to high but was trying to find reasons to drop my team lol. I think teams like San Jose or Buffalo could be a little higher as well

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
While I agree agrudez's goalie tandom is better, I do feel I have the better goalie of the teams.. I seriously think Halak will have a great season.

Forwards and Defense, my team destroys his IMO.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
While I agree agrudez's goalie tandom is better, I do feel I have the better goalie of the teams.. I seriously think Halak will have a great season.

Forwards and Defense, my team destroys his IMO.

The biggest question with his team is will PHX continue to win like last season? If so Bryz will have 35 wins with one of the best SV% in the league and a great G.A.A. While St Louis may break out, people expected that of them last year as well. The west is really deep and outside of 4 or 5 teams no one knows how the rest of the conference will shake out.

As far as your forwards and defense yours do not destroy his. I think most line combinations are close, but the only line I see you have that is better than his is your 1st line. Your defense is close but i just feel his D will put up more points

JVR- Stamkos-Alfredsson < Cammi – Kopitar – Gaborik
Sullivan-Carter-Horton > Morrow – Pavelski – Franzen
Kunitz-Brassard-Doan > (very close) Latendress – Vermette – Little
Glenncross-Morrison(?)-Bertuzzi > Omark – Brule – Yip

Gonchar-Kaberle > Ballard – Burns
Timonen-Barker > (very close) Giordano – Kulikov
Quincey-Bieksa > Cuminsky – Gilroy

no doubt you have a unreal team, the forwards are close but I feel his D is better, but only way to tell is let the season play itself out

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The biggest question with his team is will PHX continue to win like last season? If so Bryz will have 35 wins with one of the best SV% in the league and a great G.A.A. While St Louis may break out, people expected that of them last year as well. The west is really deep and outside of 4 or 5 teams no one knows how the rest of the conference will shake out.

As far as your forwards and defense yours do not destroy his. I think most line combinations are close, but the only line I see you have that is better than his is your 1st line. Your defense is close but i just feel his D will put up more points

JVR- Stamkos-Alfredsson < Cammi – Kopitar – Gaborik
Sullivan-Carter-Horton > Morrow – Pavelski – Franzen
Kunitz-Brassard-Doan > (very close) Latendress – Vermette – Little
Glenncross-Morrison(?)-Bertuzzi > Omark – Brule – Yip

Gonchar-Kaberle > Ballard – Burns
Timonen-Barker > (very close) Giordano – Kulikov
Quincey-Bieksa > Cuminsky – Gilroy

no doubt you have a unreal team, the forwards are close but I feel his D is better, but only way to tell is let the season play itself out

wow, didn't even notice how good his D are.

Completely disagree on the forwards though, my 2nd 3rd and 4th lines are better than his IMO. I may be a bit bias though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad