Damor's League 2011/12 -READ LATEST POST IF INTERESTED IN JOINING/STARTING UP SHORTLY

damor

Dec 28, 2006
DRAFT HAS STARTED, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUSLY UPDATED RULES BELOW PLEASE DO

WE ARE ONLY AUTO'ING FOR ROUND 1, AFTER THAT YOUR PICKS WILL BE SKIPPED IF NO LIST PROVIDED, AND EVENTUAL PENALTIES LISTED BELOW WILL BE APPLIED

TIME OUTLINE AND DRAFT ORDER LOCATED AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST

***FINAL RULES AND POINT SYSTEMS ARE FINALIZED AND POSTED BELOW AND POLLS HAVE CLOSED***

Draft Overview

-20 COMMITTED GMS

***THIS IS NOW A KEEPER LEAGUE...YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO KEEP 7 PLAYERS YOU DRAFT THIS SEASON, SO NEXT SEASON WE WILL HAVE A 15 ROUND DRAFT TO MAKE UP MISSING POSITIONS***

-$70m salary cap (VOTE CONCLUDED)

-ROTISSERIE STYLE DRAFT (VOTE CONCLUDED)...if u still have questions about rotisserie please ask

-3 co-commissioners for this league are agrudez, dsmissed, and modo (you can send them, or myself, your draft lists if you know ahead of time you will likely miss your upcoming pick/picks, they will be helping me maintain order within this draft, so it doesnt fall apart and stays organized and helping make league decisions as we proceed on)

-The League will be a 22 Round Dispersal Draft

-POSITIONS TO DRAFT: RW x 4 / LW X 4 / C X 4 / D X 6 /G X 2/ BN x 2 (There are also 2 IR Spots)

-Draft Schedule will always be posted in both the excel spreadsheet and below the 'drafted players list' in the upcoming Main Drafting Thread of our league

-Dispersal Draft Order has been determined at random below.... Order will be in the form of a "Snake Draft" (ie whoever picks last in rd 1, picks first in rd 2, and so on)

-No Prospect/Entry draft....Anyone and everyone is up for grabs.....sign rfa's at your own cap risk (as we will go by their cap numbers once they've signed.....if they don't sign and leave the NHL, tough luck.....so draft them early on at your own risk)

-Luckily we have 2 HFBoard Moderators so far drafting with us, so please don't make them do any extra work editing/deleting your posts for not following HFBoard rules. They have been very helpful to me in the past running things and sending out mass pm's to keep us organized, so they shouldn't be forced to clean up after any of us here (If you are confused/unsure of any HFBoard rule just pm them, I'm sure they'd be glad to answer if it is a Mod-related query).

League Management

-We will utilize yahoo's fantasy site for the management of these boards, however, we will be using my excel spreadsheet as the cap guide, for cap management throughout the WHOLE season....ill keep emailing everyone a new copy and posting it here everytime a new player is changed on a team or trade completed, as i will use cap geeks team fantasy cap calculator to assemble the teams and copy into the excel...this way we get the sick features of yahoo and still maintain the cap through my excel

To help make trades based on cap use this good tool:
http://capgeek.com/trade_machine.php

RULES:

1. Once you have made your draft selection, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE NEXT GM SELECTING....moves things along so much faster, so please if you could take this rule seriously.
2. During the regular season there is no limit on the number of trades that can be made, however a cap of 50 transactions is placed for the number of UFA's you can exchange for on your team (remember, every time you place or remove a player onto the IR (Injured Reserve), it counts as 2 transactions, so 50 isnt as high as it may seem) ....This can be lowered depending on majority thoughts
3. Trades must be sent in for approval before they are accepted either during the draft or throughout the year on yahoo (THIS IS A MUST SINCE WE ARE DEALING WITH SALARY CAPS AND NEED TO ENSURE APPROPRIATE FOLLOWINGS). If I am not online, another commish can make a judgement and/or will get in touch with me. If none of us respond in timely manner, just post your trade on hfboards and if theres an issue we will bring it to your attention, just if its during the season, dont automatically accept it on yahoo because of the cap.
4. Claiming players off of the waiver wire during the season requires you to take a VERY CAREFULLY look at your cap situation before the acquisition, as your team CANNOT go over the cap (penalties will be introduced below if u exceed ur cap during the season)

REFERENCE:

1. Cap numbers to be taken ONLY from Capgeek.com (VERY IMPORTANT)
2. Player Positions (ie, RW/C,etc) to be taken ONLY from Yahoo.com

PENALTIES:

1. If you select a player who was already previously drafted, you will not be able to change that player until the current round has finished drafting (to make ppl do their research before making their picks...ppl shouldn't have to be babysat, we can all use CTRL + F

2. If you miss more than 2 Rounds, of your picks in a row, you are auto drafted players to catch up (we will do this based on pts from last season, not the bpa (however best position avail will be considered, ie d vs f vs g)....If you miss 3 Rounds in a row you are replaced as GM

3. If you exceed your salary cap at any point throughout the season, whether because of a trade or free agent pickup, you will have to automatically drop that player and wait 3 days before picking up a replacement player who fits under your cap, that is of course a 3 day penalty AFTER ur new acquisition has already cleared the waiver wire and is off ur roster (I Had to implement a rule like this since yahoo doesnt have a cap feature and therefore we require constant revisiting of the excel doc cap values posted here by all gms to ensure they are cap friendly before putting through their acquisitions)

STAT BREAKDOWN FOR ROTISSERIE DRAFT (still open for discussion up until 6pm tues (TONIGHT)):

PTS
Offense / Defense

G
A
+/-
PPP (instead of just ppg, cause theres too many goal based stats here already)
SHP
GWG
HITS
SHOTS

Goalies

W
SHUTOUTS
SV%
GAA

DISCUSSION

Since we're using Yahoo, they have a really cool new addition for the waiver wire, which takes it from being based on a specific order and turns it into a bidding system, here is their explanation on yahoo:

"In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above."

Could be a cool new way to do the waiver wire, especially cause of the salary cap in our league. Other option is to use standard waiver wire rules when players are dropped by gms....let me know???

TEAMS

OTT - damor
VAN - dsmissed
DET - fedro91
SJ - Hale The Villain
NYI - IslesRock4
WAS - JPavs8Cluthcy
EDM - OilGagner89
COL - Ovechkin007
TOR - Schenn
MTL - strutsboa
ANA - habsman56
NYR - johnnydollaz89
DAL - Modo
PHI - agrudez
CHI - Oilfan Splat
CGY - Juice
NJ - Leafs4life1996
PIT - Mehta
TB - Theron
BUF - Rembokz

DRAFT SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

Weekday Schedule:

10am - 6pm (1hr timeslots) - to accomodate those at work without access
6pm - 12am (30min timeslots)

Weekend Schedule:

10am - 12pm (1hr timeslots) - to accomodate ppl sleeping in/hungover (may keep/remove this depending on how things progress)
12pm-12am (30min timeslots) - if you plan on going out FRI/SAT night, pm a list so you get your picks

1st ROUND DRAFT ORDER (Remember, schedule is only in place as a safety net to keep league running steady, if we make draft selections faster (in order, no skipping ahead), then things will get going quite rapidly in our league)

(Order was randomly determined by another gm on here (http://www.random.org/sequences/), didn't tell them the order was actually based on the same as the draft list listed above, so i took the number sequence he gave me (ie first number in his list was 13=Dallas and last was 17=NJ)):

1 - Dallas Stars - 6:00pm - 6:30pm

2 - Philidelphia Flyers - 6:30pm - 7:00pm

3 - Colorado Avalanche - 7:00pm - 7:30pm

4 - Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:30pm - 8:00pm

5 - Chicago Blackhawks - 8:00pm - 8:30pm

6 - Anaheim Ducks - 8:30pm - 9:00pm

7 - New York Islanders - 9:00pm - 9:30pm

8 - Montreal Canadiens - 9:30pm - 10:00pm

9 - Calgary Flames - 10:00pm - 10:30pm

10 - New York Rangers - 10:30pm - 11:00pm

11 - Ottawa Senators - 11:00pm - 11:30pm

12 - Toronto Maple Leafs - 11:30pm - 12:00am

13 - Vancouver Canucks - 10:00am - 11:00am

14 - Washington Capitals - 11:00am - 12:00pm

15 - Buffalo Sabres - 12:00pm - 1:00pm

16 - Detroit Red Wings - 1:00pm - 2:00pm

17 - San Jose Sharks - 2:00pm - 3:00pm

18 - Tampa Bay Lightning - 3:00pm - 4:00pm

19 - Edmonton Oilers - 4:00pm - 5:00pm

20 - New Jersey Devils
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd join, if you were half as dedicated as you were in Tube Sock's draft you'll be a hell of a commish :)

If we're picking teams, I'll take the St. Louis Blues

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I would gladly join, but like I said before, I need Edmonton before Mehta gets them. :naughty:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I'll be in for sure. WE just need to keep it simple and have between 18-22 GM to make this league competitve and active.

I'll be the Detroit Red Wings.

The only thing Please right the Rules and don't change the rules like Tube sock did.
LOL. So post the rules before we start Drafting and is it a 1 year league or longer.
That will change my strategy.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
But it won't work with 30 GM.

It would work with 30 dedicated gms, so i think fedros trying to say is it wouldnt work with so many teams if the gm activity was like the last one in tube socks...Ive decided if we dont have 30 dedicated teams within a reasonably short time frame then we would shorten it down, but hopefully to much more than 18 as mentioned (as i already know few other gms are ready to join but just havent posted and already have 11 committed in one day with myslef included)...ill be getting some of the rules and regulations together tonight, nothing will be set in stone immediately upon my posting before the draft, so there is time for all gms involved to post their questions and concerns and ideas to anything that has been thought through. however, once the draft begins those rules will stand solid, no exceptions and most importantly, no new rules mentioned every new posting like in other leagues :)

We may tweek a few things along the way to make things run more efficiently, however nothing will be decided upon without feedback from the gms involved in my league. I want this initially to be an open forum so we all have fun and are competitive throughout, not run as a dictatorship like in the league i left.

So if you know anyone else on these boards in other leagues that you think would be interested in drafting with me running things the way I did in the last draft, let them know about this league asap so we can start things off soon. Thanks for everyones prompt replies so far.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
By the way since I'm working on rotation. This week is just awfull since I'm working from 16 to 24h. So I'm still in but I'll be less on before midnight and I also have the basement to finish of my house. Yes I am really busy.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
By the way since I'm working on rotation. This week is just awfull since I'm working from 16 to 24h. So I'm still in but I'll be less on before midnight and I also have the basement to finish of my house. Yes I am really busy.

when we start it up send lists, rd by rd for the ones u think u may miss, to myself or other trusted gm to make picks for u....if you have a smartphone, i can tell u apps to get that will help out, or could just email u updates, as i may have an email update list as an option that i'd send out repeatedly to those who request to be added to it.

JPavs8Clutchy*

Gimme WSH, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad