Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Im not saying that Bylsma isnt a bit hard on young players and their ice time (cough Despres cough), but that is not the reason Tangradi still hasnt been successful in the NHL. Its because Tangradi s*cks compared to other NHL players.

For christs sake Derek Engellend has shown more ability as an NHL forward than Tangradi has. Thats pathetic.

From what I've seen Id like to give engelland more time on the 4th line and see how he does. Vitale/Engelland/ and one of those other two might be a decent 4th line.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Tangradi was replaced by Zach Boychuk. Hard to make an arguement after that.

Bottom line, with our coach and our system, prospects/young guys have to play the open role at the level that forces management to keep them there. Look at Maatta. You have to force their hand...Tangradi, Letestu, Jeffrey, Caputi, Lovejoy, etc didn't. They played at a level that said "you could lose me and still be okay". Can't do that. Especially here. Were they mismanaged, maybe. But bottom line hey didn't perform where and when needed and they got the boot. Anyone who believes Tangradi performed well and earned top 6 time is nuts. Absolutely nuts.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
What people seem to be missing is that our team is so ****ing good we can give fledgling players like Dustin Jeffrey away for nothing and it's pretty much unnoticeable.

I'd rather have that situation than when Ryan Malone was our best player and prospect. Great body on Bugsy though.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
From what I've seen Id like to give engelland more time on the 4th line and see how he does. Vitale/Engelland/ and one of those other two might be a decent 4th line.

Me too.
Wish they'd healthy scratch Adams and plug in Engo with Bortuzzo getting playing time on D.

You also add a little more toughness while doing so.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

IMO honestly Engellends success is probably just good fortune in a small sample size. I would really like to get a look at Sill in place of Adams. From what i have heard he plays a good 4th line type of game and some younger legs with Vitale and Glass counldnt hurt when it comes to gettign and keeping posession in the offensive zone.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Me too.
Wish they'd healthy scratch Adams and plug in Engo with Bortuzzo getting playing time on D.

You also add a little more toughness while doing so.

Bortuzzo has supposedly been working through an injury or something. Nashville broadcast last week said he was hurt. Normally, I wouldn't believe out of market information vs in-market information (see Ben fiasco), but the reporters in Pittsburgh didn't even know Jeffrey was on waivers.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
IMO honestly Engellends success is probably just good fortune in a small sample size. I would really like to get a look at Sill in place of Adams. From what i have heard he plays a good 4th line type of game and some younger legs with Vitale and Glass counldnt hurt when it comes to gettign and keeping posession in the offensive zone.

His points yeah, some luck and small sample size. The points arent what makes me think that though. Its how he worked on the boards in the offensive zone. He was HARD to play against; which we havent had in a long time.

I'm not saying he should be there forever, but i'd like to try it more. Only problem is we know glass/adams will never be scratched for it to happen.

Really DB all he needs to do to start gaining favor back with the fans is scratch one of those two guys; start attempting to match lines. It would go along way to show he's trying to be a better coach.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
His points yeah, some luck and small sample size. The points arent what makes me think that though. Its how he worked on the boards in the offensive zone. He was HARD to play against; which we havent had in a long time.

I'm not saying he should be there forever, but i'd like to try it more. Only problem is we know glass/adams will never be scratched for it to happen.

Really DB all he needs to do to start gaining favor back with the fans is scratch one of those two guys; start attempting to match lines. It would go along way to show he's trying to be a better coach.

Agreed

Fire Shero*

It is scary that anyone is still all hung up on Tangradi. He's not a good player. You guys never ceize to amaze me. This is an all time low.

Move on

Last edited by a moderator:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Penguin Busts that still put up better offesnive production than Eric Tangradi...

Ramzi Abid - 0.44 PPG
Milan Kraft - 0.39 PPG
Kris Beech - 0.33 PPG
Michel Ouellet - 0.33 PPG
Robert Dome - 0.26 PPG
Konstantin Koltsov - 0.26 PPG
Luca Caputi - 0.25 PPG
Michal Sivek - 0.15 PPG

Not looking good for everyone favorite power forward.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Penguin Busts that still put up better offesnive production than Eric Tangradi...

Ramzi Abid - 0.44 PPG
Milan Kraft - 0.39 PPG
Kris Beech - 0.33 PPG
Michel Ouellet - 0.33 PPG
Robert Dome - 0.26 PPG
Konstantin Koltsov - 0.26 PPG
Luca Caputi - 0.25 PPG
Michal Sivek - 0.15 PPG

Not looking good for everyone favorite power forward.

Out of context stats FTW!

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Whats out of context about a prospect whos entire value comes from his ability (or should i saylack there of) to be a pont producer and cannot put up the modest points per game totals of some of the biggest penguin bust of the last 20 years.

Tangradi s*cks, its not a debate its a fact.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
Have you watched any WPG games? Tangradi looks good as a 3rd liner and spends about 90% of his time in the Ozone with his ass in the goalies face, something no Pens seems to be able to do.

He was horribly managed here. DB should have been giving him bottom 6 min over guys like Park, Glass and Connor.

On top of being healthy scratched numerous times as Jacob pointed out, he is averaging 9:53 of ice time so far this season. That's down from last season and is less than his average TOI with the Penguins. His production has also stayed the same.

Tangradi is not a very good NHL player and never really showed anything of note at any point that would lead you to believe he would thrive with more ice time. The fact that people are using him as evidence that this organization is mishandling young players is insane. He's done absolutely nothing to suggest trading him was a mistake.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
We're lamenting the loss of Tangradi again?

Eugh.

One of our rookie call-ups got as many points in 6 games as Tangradi has in 19. Another has one less point in 2 games.

Of all people, we're not missing Eric ****ing Tangradi.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Unless he had an injury not listed Jeffery has been scratched in 2 of the 5 Stars games since the claim. Looks like i win.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think Jeffrey has some positives and could find his place in the league. Kind of how Letestu did.

I'm not sure why Tangradi still gets brought up? He's done nothing when giving a shot on the Pens and the only thing I'll remember him for is for being goon meat on LI. He's played his way off this team because he was just bad. He was bad in 2011 when he got a 10 game trial with Max and Malkin and he was an absolute cream puff in '13. Not putting up stats is one thing but he didn't hit, fight or keep up with the play. The guy did nothing.

I'm not sure where the quality the Pens aren't giving a chance is???

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think Jeffrey has some positives and could find his place in the league. Kind of how Letestu did.

I'm not sure why Tangradi still gets brought up? He's done nothing when giving a shot on the Pens and the only thing I'll remember him for is for being goon meat on LI. He's played his way off this team because he was just bad. He was bad in 2011 when he got a 10 game trial with Max and Malkin and he was an absolute cream puff in '13. Not putting up stats is one thing but he didn't hit, fight or keep up with the play. The guy did nothing.

Letestu has 9 points while averaging 15 minutes in Columbus, Not a superstar by any means, but a decent player taking up a lot of important minutes there. The pens issue isnt that they are letting superstars go, its that when two players are about equal, they always take the more expensive vet over the cheaper young guy, which is a horrible plan in a cap system... guys like Lovejoy, Strait, Letestu, and Jeffery arent likely going to be anything more than roleplayers, but developing good cheap roleplayers is key in putting together a team capable of competeing year in and year out... Duper, Orpick, Glass, adams, play two 500K grunts the glass and adams roles and let a young grunt take orpiks spot and you have the money to upgrade duper into a real great top 6 player... or continue to pay vets on the downswing...and suffer elsewhere

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Letestu has 9 points while averaging 15 minutes in Columbus, Not a superstar by any means, but a decent player taking up a lot of important minutes there. The pens issue isnt that they are letting superstars go, its that when two players are about equal, they always take the more expensive vet over the cheaper young guy, which is a horrible plan in a cap system... guys like Lovejoy, Strait, Letestu, and Jeffery arent likely going to be anything more than roleplayers, but developing good cheap roleplayers is key in putting together a team capable of competeing year in and year out... Duper, Orpick, Glass, adams, play two 500K grunts the glass and adams roles and let a young grunt take orpiks spot and you have the money to upgrade duper into a real great top 6 player... or continue to pay vets on the downswing...and suffer elsewhere

good point. that tells me that the guy behind is very conservative, play safe to avoid criticism, and will sacrifice some obvious but risky upside for a bit more safer but uninspiring option that will let you swim in the sea of mediocrity for a long time...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I understand that but does Jeffrey even fit a bottom 6 role... the same bottom 6 that everyone wants more physicality from. Strait and Tangradi play low level roles for bottom level teams. They had their shot. They just weren't that good and were let go.

Look at the Pens bottom 6 now. Maybe they need some size but they buzz, hound the puck and create pace. I guess we'll see what happens when this team is fully healthy but as of right now they've been given a shot and are making the best of it. I think everyone can smell a trade coming. Not because of some players not playing well but because for the first time in a long time. The Pens have some quality kids stepping up in roles. Conner vs Tangradi? Its as clear as day who has looked better with sample time given.

The bottom 6 doesn't even have that much money tied up in it. Glass makes a nice chunk of change for a 4th liner but he's a top unit PKer.

Orpik is a top 4 defensemen. He's not playing well but top four D make their money.

Dupes is just a bad contract. Trust me I'm not the biggest defender of Shero and Disco but I do think the youth is being handled just fine.

ObsessedCreative*

The only thing that the "big dud" did while he was here was hold stupid and moronic twitter Q&A's and contests.

That sack of **** was beyond worthless, I assume this is where Simone picked up his bad eating habits!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

That's great. Now tell me where a natural center with speed issues like Letestu fits on this team.

The answer, of course, is that he fits exactly where a natural center with speed issues like Jeffrey fit. Nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad