Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

AEKaki

Penguin Busts that still put up better offesnive production than Eric Tangradi...

Ramzi Abid - 0.44 PPG
Milan Kraft - 0.39 PPG
Kris Beech - 0.33 PPG
Michel Ouellet - 0.33 PPG
Robert Dome - 0.26 PPG
Konstantin Koltsov - 0.26 PPG
Luca Caputi - 0.25 PPG
Michal Sivek - 0.15 PPG

Not looking good for everyone favorite power forward.

I don't think Milan Kraft was a bust. He played on terrible Pens teams and he was our 2nd best forward behind Morozov...

But yeah, let's forget about that period :)

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I don't think Milan Kraft was a bust. He played on terrible Pens teams and he was our 2nd best forward behind Morozov...

But yeah, let's forget about that period :)

Yeah ive been trying to bury those yeas under 6 feet of mental concrete but the always come back.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I know the stats have been underwhelming but how has he looked so far?

He doesn't have that explosive nature we need in a 3rd/4th line guy. He is so ho-hum on the ice.

I would rather they never claimed Jeffrey and Sceviour stayed up...

Agreed. Jeffrey is not an NHL player.

I don't care about Sceviour playing. I'm saying Jeffrey sucks.

Hmmmmm

Fire Shero*

His lack of abilities ruined his career. That one assist he's had was huge. I just never saw any skill with him. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Maybe he will sign a niche in Europe...as a waiter

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Jack of all trades in the AHL (C/LW, both special teams, ppg pace) who never found a niche in the big league. The ACL tear killed any speed improvements he had worked for, and now he's too old to be a prospect. Still good enough to start a solid KHL/AHL/Europe career next season. So overall not bad considering he was a 6th round overage pick, gave us some versatile depth for a few years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The knee injury ruined this guy.

Yup. I really figured this guy would carve out a small niche somewhere as an NHLer. He has a few nice natural tools and can play a defensive role, if needs be. I figured he'd make it work if he was ever given a shot somewhere else.

Not looking good in that regard.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
His lack of abilities ruined his career. That one assist he's had was huge. I just never saw any skill with him. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Maybe he will sign a niche in Europe...as a waiter

More hyperbole from the king of hyperbole. He scored 7 goals and 12 points in 25 games in 2010-2011. His skating really suffered after the knee injury. The problem with Jeffrey, IMO, is he doesn't have one thing that stands out, other than smarts. He can do very well in a second tier league in Europe or be a top career minor leaguer.

Fire Shero*

More hyperbole from the king of hyperbole. He scored 7 goals and 12 points in 25 games in 2010-2011. His skating really suffered after the knee injury. The problem with Jeffrey, IMO, is he doesn't have one thing that stands out, other than smarts. He can do very well in a second tier league in Europe or be a top career minor leaguer.

You are right. He did play well for 3 weeks like 3 years ago, so there's that.

He's not an NHL player. Maybe a 13th forward because of his versatility.

I'm not sure what took the pens so long to waive him.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
guys whose games are built on speed dont do well after major knee injuries... which is great for our long term deal with Mr Dupuis, fortunately he is young enough to rebound

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You are right. He did play well for 3 weeks like 3 years ago, so there's that.

He's not an NHL player. Maybe a 13th forward because of his versatility.

I'm not sure what took the pens so long to waive him.

he was an NHL forward. His biggest hurdle was his skating. He overcame it, and immediately blew out his knee. At that point he was pretty much done.

guys whose games are built on speed dont do well after major knee injuries... which is great for our long term deal with Mr Dupuis, fortunately he is young enough to rebound

Dustin Jeffrey's game was never ever based on speed. But good of you for fitting a shot at Dupuis into a Dustin Jeffrey thread.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2010020976

Last goal (other goal was pretty headsy however).

He's half this speed now. I thought Bylsma jerking around did him in, but looking at this, it was the knee injury that torched his career.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

You're ****ing unbearable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad