Value of: Dallas stars 13th OA

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dallas needs a top six winger or a second pair right d with experience .

Trading the pick at the draft would be perfectly fine too though. I'll be there and I'd love to see that as long as it's a good deal.

Zuc + DeAngelo + Bigras + NYR 2018 2nd + NJD 2018 2nd
for
2018 + 2019 1sts + Pitlick + Gurianov
5 for 4

Gives Dal
- immediate W answer
- improving RD with upside
- talented RD who is a good investment IF he can overcome concussion issues
- 2 2nds which extends fan love during the draft w/mo hometown picks

Gives NY
1st this yr
1st nxt yr
Pitlick = a Fast lite, someone who can RW but also pivot
Gurianov = possible F not breaking in immediately in Dallas

thoughts?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
for
5 for 4

Gives Dal
- immediate W answer

Gives NY
1st this yr
1st nxt yr

thoughts?

Why all the extra pieces though? Feels like a big trade just to get us a winger when we could probably work out a much smaller deal without even touching that 2019 1st

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
for
5 for 4

Gives Dal
- immediate W answer

Gives NY
1st this yr
1st nxt yr

thoughts?
Seems like a lot of nothing to get 2-1st rd picks.

Reactions: Kcb12345

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why all the extra pieces though? Feels like a big trade just to get us a winger when we could probably work out a much smaller deal without even touching that 2019 1st
If it works, a comprehensive deal should not be dismissed out of hand merely due to size.

As to Dal 2019 1st, that's fine, you can make an argument about getting the use of a helpful asset now rather than down the road.

There is also the unusual x factor of the draft at dallas. My offer gave Stars 2 picks on day 2 in the 2nd round. Something for the home crowd.

But it's okay if your pref is to maintain the pick.

Simplified:
Zuc + Bigras for 2018 1st + Pitlick

deal?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If it works, a comprehensive deal should not be dismissed out of hand merely due to size.

As to Dal 2019 1st, that's fine, you can make an argument about getting the use of a helpful asset now rather than down the road.

There is also the unusual x factor of the draft at dallas. My offer gave Stars 2 picks on day 2 in the 2nd round. Something for the home crowd.

But it's okay if your pref is to maintain the pick.

Simplified:
Zuc + Bigras for 2018 1st + Pitlick

deal?

Replace Pitlick with Ritchie and then Bigras with a pick and you have a deal.

The original deal just didn't make any sense for Dallas to do considering we got the piece we want in Zuccarello, but he was the only piece we needed/wanted in the entire deal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Because bern is the opposite of occams razor. The more extraneous and convoluted, the better
Usually guilty as charged, with the following disclaimer.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. One's complication/too many parts is another's being comprehensive/detailed.

Unfortunately it is reality that people want simple solutions to complicated problems. That is a usually unrealized wish. Rarely does a magic bullet solution instantly resolve all.

Usually, problem solving requires complex solutions that actually work, regardless of not being pretty or other negatives.
Then, once you have a solution that actually works, then and only then do you get to improve what is in place by smoothing a rough edge here and there, etc.
But that is it until you come up with a better solution.

Tell Occam where he can stick his razor, acknowledging that the world is WAY more complicated than in his day, and hundreds of simple so called solutions are not necessarily actual solutions, but only parts of a larger solution, except that being disjointed, same are not, almost by definition, leading to a complete real solution.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Replace Pitlick with Ritchie and then Bigras with a pick and you have a deal.

The original deal just didn't make any sense for Dallas to do considering we got the piece we want in Zuccarello, but he was the only piece we needed/wanted in the entire deal

Thanks.
It was Pitlick who has caught my eye.

Would be willing to to give you an acceptable pick (3rd?) and take Ritchie if you view him as a cap dump and want him gone. However, you may wish to flip Ritchie elsewhere.

If the cost is not prohibitive I'd take Pitlick if you will make him available at all.

Either way, we agree on a core.
Let me know what is the final version you want to roll with.
I'm not sure other Stars fans will be as open to moving that 1st, but if so, we could see our deal for real!

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
Easy pass for Dallas. Have enough 3rd/4th liners and 40games a year of Tanev isn't worth 13th.
Also Dallas Pushing for Tavares is a bit unnecessary with Seguin on the roster

LOL!!!

Tanev may not play 82 games a year but he's good for 65 games at least. Baertschi is not a 3rd/4th liner.

Pushing for a player of Tavares's calibre is never unnecessary. Do you think if Tavares wanted to play in Dallas, your GM would say no because you have Seguin?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
LOL!!!

Tanev may not play 82 games a year but he's good for 65 games at least. Baertschi is not a 3rd/4th liner.

Pushing for a player of Tavares's calibre is never unnecessary. Do you think if Tavares wanted to play in Dallas, your GM would say no because you have Seguin?

Yes.

Center is the last thing Dallas needs....the massive amount of coin it would take to land Tavares would obviously be more wisely spent elsewhere, i.e. bringing in a scoring winger or beefing up the blueline. I don't see Dallas chasing after Tavares at all.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Any interest in Petry? He's more of a middle 6 winger but would Byron be of interest? Maybe a deal involving them and the 13th as the main pieces?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
LOL!!!

Hasn't done that in 2 yrs but AT LEAST 65 games right... :huh:
Baertschi is absolutely a 3rd liner. Anything Involving Tanev for 13 Hopefully Nill isn't stupid enough to do

And yeah Unless Tavares was willing to take a significant Discount, there is no way to retain both him and Seguin, so bringing him in is unnecessary

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think that if there are no surprise picks before the 13th, the Stars will trade theirs. Either down or for top 6 help. I am hoping the latter. Players such as Zuccarello or Simmonds, who are in the mids of their primes and capable of first line duties would definitely interest me.

That said, they will probably use their 13th pick to reach for Grant Clitsome junior if history has taught has anything. But maybe they will get lucky in the 5th round.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

That isn't true. He's averaged only 60 games per season since he became an NHL regular and less than 50 games per season the last two.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I really don’t think there’s gonna be notable holes on defense with Miro coming in and Honka playing full time. Lindell-Klingberg, Miro-Johns, Methot-Honka is fine with me.

As far as forwards go, I think it’s really a buyers market at the moment. Skinner is openly available, Patches is out there, Duchene SHOULD be there, and now Panarin is said to be on the market. I’d package the pick with more for Duchene or Panarin, trade it straight up for Patches, or add a little on both ends for Skinner. There’s definitely a ton of options for Dallas at this point.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I really don’t think there’s gonna be notable holes on defense with Miro coming in and Honka playing full time. Lindell-Klingberg, Miro-Johns, Methot-Honka is fine with me.

As far as forwards go, I think it’s really a buyers market at the moment. Skinner is openly available, Patches is out there, Duchene SHOULD be there, and now Panarin is said to be on the market. I’d package the pick with more for Duchene or Panarin, trade it straight up for Patches, or add a little on both ends for Skinner. There’s definitely a ton of options for Dallas at this point.

But hey, Dallas should totally trade the 13th OA for some C-level pieces!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad