Value of: Dallas stars 13th OA

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
It could be but it’s hard to say , there’s some really good players most likely available at 13 but there’s also some really good players right into mid second round . Dallas would end up with a top 6 fwd in vlad and has 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. That works out for right now and the future , win win for dallas . New York would still be in a good place without namestnikov and they get a really good draft pick at 13. It’s more of a gamble for New York but they could end up being major winners in the deal .
The Rangers are in full rebuild so picks are more valuable to them now, they are not in a win now mode. Honestly this trade would benefit both teams.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think a first, a second plus Vlad MIGHT be a bit of an overpayment, but there's definitely a conversation there.
It is definitely a slight overpayment from us but that’s what I’d want for 13th overall if I were the Stars.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Not adding to Zucc for the 13th.
Zucc for the 13th + a b prospect
Names + 3rd for 13th
Spooner + 3rd for 13th.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Not adding to Zucc for the 13th.
Zucc for the 13th + a b prospect
Names + 3rd for 13th
Spooner + 3rd for 13th.
None of those are enough.

To get the 13th you'll probably have to move two picks in the 20's. For the sake of argument, Vlad is worth a mid 20's pick, so him + a late first is good value.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Get the paper work ready.
I think rangers might be better off trying to get as many picks between 20 and 35 as they can with those guys . They could potentially end up with 5 first/early second round picks . That would be a great start to a rebuild .

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Based off of Bergevin's past trades, he would do the 13th overall straight up I'm sure. Maybe even less.

Honestly. I'd be somewhat fine with that.

I'm not expecting a top centre prospect or d prospect.

A 1st and either another pick this year, or next.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Tanev and Baertschi fit that.

Defensive D, blah blah blah, offense first winger, improved other aspects, blah blah blah.

13th and some manor of stop gap or cap dump or lower end players at RD or C would help us out.

Was gonna suggest the exact same think it's pretty fair for both sides.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Wayne Simmonds
Radko Gudas

For

13th overall
and
???
I could be talked in to something like this. I’m personally more interested in Simmonds. I think he’d be a great addition to Dallas’ top 6. It would be nice if there was some condition to being able to extend him.

Reactions: pmwlker

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
We don't need an experienced 2nd pairing defenseman. We could find one really easily in free agency. I'm sure Pateryn or Hamhuis wouldn't mind sticking around for another season.

If we move the 13th overall, it will be for a top six forward. Nothing else.

I'm a sucker for Wayne Simmonds, so I'd pony up the pick for him. Maybe tweak the deal a bit so that the Stars also receive some upside. As in 13th overall + Devin Shore + 4th for Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad