Value of: Dallas stars 13th OA

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
LOL!!!

Tanev may not play 82 games a year but he's good for 65 games at least. Baertschi is not a 3rd/4th liner.

Pushing for a player of Tavares's calibre is never unnecessary. Do you think if Tavares wanted to play in Dallas, your GM would say no because you have Seguin?

Sorry let me just clarify here. The guy who has only played 65+ games TWICE in an eight year career is good for at least 65 games? 25%, I'm not sure I'd bet on those odds.

And Baertschi IS third liner, don't kid yourself.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I'm not sure I see the need to move Honka to move up three spots. The player at 13 will be close to the one at 10, unless the Stars want someone specific. There's definitely a need for a top-six winger now, so I think Nill looks at that or moving down (although moving down isn't terribly exciting for the home crowd).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would love to see Nill trade up enough to grab Wahlstrom. Very unlikely but still would be ideal for us. Question is, where exactly would we move up to to be sure that Wahlstrom isn't taken before that point, and what would it cost...

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
something around #13 and a decent NHLer for Kessel? I'm not sure what NHL player would have to come back and I'm also not sure other Pens fans want #13 but it's just an idea.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
something around #13 and a decent NHLer for Kessel? I'm not sure what NHL player would have to come back and I'm also not sure other Pens fans want #13 but it's just an idea.

Would love Kessel, but I see so many mixed views on what he would cost that I would have no idea what Pens fans would be interested in. Would make a great addition to the Stars though that's for sure so I'd definitely be fine with moving the 13th++ for him

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
13th and Honka for 10th?
Lol no... Honka might not have had a stellar year point wise but he looked way better than Hitch gave him credit. Also he looked amazing up until Hitch gave him the 3 second rule. Honka for 3 draft spots is ridiculous

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I would love this but im not sure which NHLer you would want from us. I dont think we have a young NHL piece good enough, that we are willing to move, to entice you.

Reactions: Kcb12345

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
That isn't true. He's averaged only 60 games per season since he became an NHL regular and less than 50 games per season the last two.
So if he's averaged 60 games a season since he came into the NHL as a regular, why is it so hard to believe he can play 65? We're only talking about an extra 5 games.
I'd consider your argument if he had a reoccurring injury etc but that's not the case. An easier travel schedule and a change in his role may prevent some, if not most of his injuries.

Everyone here is so stuck on hard numbers that the possibility that a player deviate from said numbers is unimaginable.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Not that I want him to be traded, but Silfverberg fits the bill if the Ducks aren't committed to re-signing him. He'd be Dallas' modern version of Jere Lehtinen. ;)

Not sure if Nill sees a huge need at RW with Nichushkin coming back, but Radulov/Nuke/Silfver is a very strong group to work with, pushing Ritchie to the 4th line where he belongs. I could see Silf and Faksa being a good fit together in terms of role/style.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not that I want him to be traded, but Silfverberg fits the bill if the Ducks aren't committed to re-signing him. He'd be Dallas' modern version of Jere Lehtinen. ;)

Not sure if Nill sees a huge need at RW with Nichushkin coming back, but Radulov/Nuke/Silfver is a very strong group to work with, pushing Ritchie to the 4th line where he belongs. I could see Silf and Faksa being a good fit together in terms of role/style.

A lot would depend on that asking price for him. What did you have in mind?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Please take Ritchie as part of the return.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
A lot would depend on that asking price for him. What did you have in mind?
I was going with the OP's premise of the 13th OA (which is probably a long shot with the draft being in Dallas).

Please take Ritchie as part of the return.
Lol, one Ritchie is already enough, thanks. I don't hate the idea nearly as much as I should though, I actually think he'd be a decent fit under Carlyle on our 4th line.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
So if he's averaged 60 games a season since he came into the NHL as a regular, why is it so hard to believe he can play 65? We're only talking about an extra 5 games.
I'd consider your argument if he had a reoccurring injury etc but that's not the case. An easier travel schedule and a change in his role may prevent some, if not most of his injuries.

Everyone here is so stuck on hard numbers that the possibility that a player deviate from said numbers is unimaginable.

Consider my argument? Well I'd say you should do more than consider it, you should accept it. Because, again, what you said just flat out wasn't true. You said good for 65 games and it's proven that he isn't. I wouldn't want him on my team at all because he doesn't play enough. There's no reason to think he'll ever play more than 60 games a season. If any it will be less as he's trending down in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad