Value of: Dallas stars 13th OA

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Dallas needs a top six winger or a second pair right d with experience .

Zuccarello or Spooner+, I expect might be the NYR offer. We can potentially also take Spezza's contract for a sweetener.

Would never happen but I'd also do Shattenkirk for 13+ Honka.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Tanev and Baertschi fit that.

Defensive D, blah blah blah, offense first winger, improved other aspects, blah blah blah.

13th and some manor of stop gap or cap dump or lower end players at RD or C would help us out.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Tanev and Baertschi fit that.

Defensive D, blah blah blah, offense first winger, improved other aspects, blah blah blah.

13th and some manor of stop gap or cap dump or lower end players at RD or C would help us out.
I would like to have tanev , I don’t think he’s worth the 13 th pick though . Baertschi wouldn’t be much of an upgrade over nichushkin or janmark . Wouldn’t mind a honka for tanev deal of some sort .

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I would like to have tanev , I don’t think he’s worth the 13 th pick though . Baertschi wouldn’t be much of an upgrade over nichushkin or janmark . Wouldn’t mind a honka for tanev deal of some sort .

Well a top six forward was one of the other asks, and he's about the only piece out of our top six that has value, and isn't next to untouchable. More of a second piece to make up some difference in value, and Baertschi with Benn or Seguin or even Spezza could really pay dividends. I don't see him as the same player as Nichushkin or Janmark necessarily either.

That's not a bad start as an alternative. Tanev is still valuable to us, that's why we have such a high asking price. Despite the fact he is "moveable", he isn't someone we are looking to move for pieces or a small return.

So what would be added to Honka and Tanev to make it workable for both sides in your mind?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Expecting you to keep 1st since the draft is in big D.

If it were available, something around Zuc/+ is your answer

Trading the pick at the draft would be perfectly fine too though. I'll be there and I'd love to see that as long as it's a good deal.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd like to use it in a deal for Skinner if we could. 13th+ something for Skinner.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Well a top six forward was one of the other asks, and he's about the only piece out of our top six that has value, and isn't next to untouchable. More of a second piece to make up some difference in value, and Baertschi with Benn or Seguin or even Spezza could really pay dividends. I don't see him as the same player as Nichushkin or Janmark necessarily either.

That's not a bad start as an alternative. Tanev is still valuable to us, that's why we have such a high asking price. Despite the fact he is "moveable", he isn't someone we are looking to move for pieces or a small return.

So what would be added to Honka and Tanev to make it workable for both sides in your mind?
I don’t know if I would add anything . Honka has a higher ceiling than tanev and Is ready to play top 4 minutes . They just have a very young top 4 with heiskanen coming up . If they keep honka , they likely have a better d than tanev 2 years from now .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I'd like to use it in a deal for Skinner if we could. 13th+ something for Skinner.
I would love Skinner .Faulk too. Was thinking something like 13 th OA , honka , guryanov for skinner and Faulk would be a good start .

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I would love Skinner .Faulk too. Was thinking something like 13 th OA , honka , guryanov for skinner and Faulk would be a good start .
Seguin and Skinner don’t like each other, refused to play together pre OHL...

If that means anything at all lol

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
So were ripping off Carolina bad. The only thing in that trade of any value is 13th. Honka is not worth Faulk or skinner alone. And Gury is absolute shit. Better hope they hire chi or Berg for something this 1 sided to happen

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
This would be a big shake up but

Tanev
Baertchi

For

13th
Spezza
2nd or decent prospect

Dallas then pushes for John Tavares

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This would be a big shake up but

Tanev
Baertchi

For

13th
Spezza
2nd or decent prospect

Dallas then pushes for John Tavares
Easy pass for Dallas. Have enough 3rd/4th liners and 40games a year of Tanev isn't worth 13th.
Also Dallas Pushing for Tavares is a bit unnecessary with Seguin on the roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad