Value of: Dallas stars 13th OA

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t know if I would add anything . Honka has a higher ceiling than tanev and Is ready to play top 4 minutes . They just have a very young top 4 with heiskanen coming up . If they keep honka , they likely have a better d than tanev 2 years from now .

They could, but potential only gets you so far. In two half seasons in the NHL he's amassed about 9 points...which isn't the whole story obviously, but in a history of trades an established top four D has gotten more then a potential top four, warts and all.

My ask was more which other moving pieces from both sides would result in happy fanbases on both sides, not for example demanding an additional pick or prospect.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Easy pass for Dallas. Have enough 3rd/4th liners and 40games a year of Tanev isn't worth 13th.
Also Dallas Pushing for Tavares is a bit unnecessary with Seguin on the roster
Not saying you need to love this but all of that was silly talk.

Baertchi is at worst middle 6. He has shown he can be decently productive and play top 6 minutes. Plays well with good players too.

Tanev has an injury history but 40 games was a fluke.

You need a 2nd line center. Why not get another stud in Tavares. The money is there.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Tanev and the Canucks 2nd for 13 & something else?

Also: Honka a higher ceiling than Tanev??? If that's the case, I wouldn't trade him instead of #13 if I was Dallas, but..

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Tanev and the Canucks 2nd for 13 & something else?

Also: Honka a higher ceiling than Tanev??? If that's the case, I wouldn't trade him instead of #13 if I was Dallas, but..
Yes I would say honka has a higher ceiling than tanev . 44 points in the A are much better than tanevs career high of 14 and 3 points in his first 2 nhl seasons . Like I said , only reason they would want tanev over honka would be experience and to have a mix of styles and not all offensive dmen. I doubt nucks get more than a late first early second for tanev though .

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Yes I would say honka has a higher ceiling than tanev . 44 points in the A are much better than tanevs career high of 14 and 3 points in his first 2 nhl seasons . Like I said , only reason they would want tanev over honka would be experience and to have a mix of styles and not all offensive dmen. I doubt nucks get more than a late first early second for tanev though .
Lol because a d-men’s primary job is put up points rather than actually play d. On top of that you cherry pick Tanev’s first 2 years and got the stats wrong and they definitely weren’t career highs.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Where did you hear that ? And they were also 14 years old pre ohl .
Lol I met one of their coaches. They had some big rivalry apparently, he had them both on his team

Again they were kids and probably means nothing

Reactions: Bfantz

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

Tanev at his best is/was one of the better top pairing DFD's in the league. Honka has better offensive skill but can he play Tanev's role? Like I say if he can and provide more offense while doing it that's a heck of a player, one that prob shouldn't available. The A is still the A.

Late 1st early 2nd seems like pretty reasonable value. I think with our severe lack of defense JB won't move him for that, atleast not now b/c its just kind of getting a few lottery tickets. He's one of our only tradable assets that has decent value. The Van market wants JB to explore trading him but they do have to get a good enough return for it to make sense to trade 1 of our 2 Top 4 D's so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bfantz

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Zuccarello+48th
Spooner+26th
Namestnikov+26th+48th
Can take Spezza if needed but that would obviously lower the return

Reactions: GregSirico

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Lol because a d-men’s primary job is put up points rather than actually play d. On top of that you cherry pick Tanev’s first 2 years and got the stats wrong and they definitely weren’t career highs.[/
okay than , what was tanevs career high in the ahl ? And what were his stats in his first 2 partial seasons ?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
For some historical context re: trading up to the #13

#12 traded for #17 & #28 (6/20/08)
#12 traded for #16 & #41 (7/30/05)
#14 traded for #21 & #42 (6/22/12)
#15 traded for #19 & #59 (6/25/10)

So if the Rangers package one of their late firsts (26/28) w/ say a player that Dallas might need that could very well be more than fair value.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Namestnikov 26 and 48 would be hard to turn down .
Vlad plus a late first or early second is EXTREMELY good value for the 13th pick. This year's draft is absolutely loaded, with a late first or early second you're still talking about guys like Jake Wise, Mattias Samuelsson, Isac Lundestrom, Ryan Merkley, Ty Dellandrea.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think a first, a second plus Vlad MIGHT be a bit of an overpayment, but there's definitely a conversation there.
It could be but it’s hard to say , there’s some really good players most likely available at 13 but there’s also some really good players right into mid second round . Dallas would end up with a top 6 fwd in vlad and has 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. That works out for right now and the future , win win for dallas . New York would still be in a good place without namestnikov and they get a really good draft pick at 13. It’s more of a gamble for New York but they could end up being major winners in the deal .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00