NESN Dallas News - Jack Edwards calls Stars Roman Polak’s collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma'

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That’s not the point. He’s a professional. Act like it and not a Pom Pom waving clown. Professionals don’t say that stuff. PROS would say polak loses his balance trying to check Gryz into the boards. Not it’s karma while the guy is on the ice

What did you think about the hit? Was Polak going for a questionable hit or did you think it was clean? I think the way you view Edwards call is based on how you viewed the play to start with. I saw it was a really questionable hit, one that Polak should never have attempted, and the fact that it worked out the way it did was because he made a poor choice. Had he not chosen to throw that he wouldn't have tumbled into the boards. So Edwards saying it was karma, while in poor taste given the timing of it, was not wrong. If you're issue with Jack is the timing, I get it. It was right after and he could have easily avoided it had he chosen a different word. But it is what it is. He was correct even if it was ill timed.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What did you think about the hit? Was Polak going for a questionable hit or did you think it was clean? I think the way you view Edwards call is based on how you viewed the play to start with. I saw it was a really questionable hit, one that Polak should never have attempted, and the fact that it worked out the way it did was because he made a poor choice. Had he not chosen to throw that he wouldn't have tumbled into the boards. So Edwards saying it was karma, while in poor taste given the timing of it, was not wrong. If you're issue with Jack is the timing, I get it. It was right after and he could have easily avoided it had he chosen a different word. But it is what it is. He was correct even if it was ill timed.

I said to myself good, live by the sword die by the sword. I didn't want him hurt severely obviously but didn't care.

I'm not the broadcaster though. Edwards is a clown and the Bruins don't seem to care. There was a million different ways to call that. Thankfully I have the option to watch either feed, so I generally tune him out, but the Dallas feed was really lagging.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I said to myself good, live by the sword die by the sword. I didn't want him hurt severely obviously but didn't care.

I'm not the broadcaster though. Edwards is a clown and the Bruins don't seem to care. There was a million different ways to call that. Thankfully I have the option to watch either feed, so I generally tune him out, but the Dallas feed was really lagging.

The Bruins have no issues with Jack or Brick because those guys literally carry the team's water on anything questionable. Both are schills for the team and their moves. Neither guy is even remotely critical, which goes a lot further for me disliking them than Jack being a jerk and calling out an injured player for throwing a bad hit. That to me is far worse than what he did in Dallas.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Bruins have no issues with Jack or Brick because those guys literally carry the team's water on anything questionable. Both are schills for the team and their moves. Neither guy is even remotely critical, which goes a lot further for me disliking them than Jack being a jerk and calling out an injured player for throwing a bad hit. That to me is far worse than what he did in Dallas.

I hear you he's just terrible all around. Just icing on the cake for me. The Big Bad Bruins are gone so the past few years they get pushed around he does nothing but whine. He whines worse than the Pats or Bruins GDT on officiating. Call the f***ing game and say "questionable call", "Bruins getting the short" instead of the incessant complaining about eveything

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Of course because the Bruins googles weren't on this time. Just think Edwards is horrible and because you have a different opinion then someone you shouldn't get the patented (but stale) Donnie retort.
Googles? ;)

I hear ya and I agree. Jack irritates me but I have to remind myself that when he’s on NESN, it is an act. If you get he or Brick on the radio or podcast, they absolutely do call the players and team out.

NESN wants everything to be sunshine, rainbows and unicorns for both the Bruins and Red Sox.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jack if he acted like it was a national broadcast would be fine.

It doesn’t help he literally has to do both jobs and be the ‘color’ as well since they somehow chose the most stale and boring ex Bruin for his partner to do color.

Dallas broadcast was a breath of fresh air. NBCSN are bad as well so fans don’t notice it.

It was clear a decade ago the switch should have been made to Goucher for PBP.

Glad Polak is ok and this isn’t that big a deal.

Reactions: Strafer

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Jack if he acted like it was a national broadcast would be fine.

It doesn’t help he literally has to do both jobs and be the ‘color’ as well since they somehow chose the most stale and boring ex Bruin for his partner to do color.

Dallas broadcast was a breath of fresh air. NBCSN are bad as well so fans don’t notice it.

It was clear a decade ago the switch should have been made to Goucher for PBP.

Glad Polak is ok and this isn’t that big a deal.

But it's not a national broadcast. It's a regional one that panders to Bruins fans, and Jack knows his audience well.

It's like in the 80s. Tommy Heinson did a lot of the national games for the Celtics but he always killed them, which is funny given how much of a homer he was on the local broadcasts. He knew when to lay it on thick and when to not. In this case, Jack was doing a local call for the local fans and he called it the way he saw it. You can say it was in bad form, but he still in no way was wrong. Polak was throwing a bad hit on a player in a bad spot. He should never had thrown it. But he did, and it resulted in him eating the boards because of his own actions. What's wrong about saying that? Too much politically correct bullshit in this world today. When someone does something shitty, everyone else should be able to call it as it was.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
That’s not the point. He’s a professional. Act like it and not a Pom Pom waving clown. Professionals don’t say that stuff. PROS would say polak loses his balance trying to check Gryz into the boards. Not it’s karma while the guy is on the ice

Come on. You make it sound like all other NHL teams have guys like Dave Gaucher calling their games.

Jack is what he is, but he’s also one of the best PBP guys in the business. I’ve been hearing game TV and radio highlights from every other team in the league on NHL Radio for years, and Edwards is way better than just about all of them.

Most of what passes for PBP around the league is clown show time

https://youtu.be/gnbCL6vYpXE

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Come on. You make it sound like all other NHL teams have guys like Dave Gaucher calling their games.

Jack is what he is, but he’s also one of the best PBP guys in the business. I’ve been hearing game TV and radio highlights from every other team in the league on NHL Radio for years, and Edwards is way better than just about all of them.

Most of what passes for PBP around the league is clown show time

So two guys are overexcited about goals? I have no issue with Edwards and his excitement over goals (he's equally excited a lot of times it seems), it's his rants and his tangents and tumbling muffins and his incessant whining. His gameplay announcing insn't great either IMO To each their own

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad