Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2nd (Cond 1st if DAL makes WCF), 3rd (Cond 1st if re-signs)

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Per Capfriendly the condition is 50% of playoff games.

*Conditions: Becomes a 2019 1st round pick if the Dallas Stars advance to the third round of the 2019 NHL playoffs and Mats Zuccarello plays in 50% of the games in the first two rounds

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What New York Ranger games were you watching?
All of them apparently instead of just the ones that fit my narrative. I must've imagined almost all of HF NYR saying "zucc needs to go, hes clearly done." Over and over. Which was overblown but it demonstrates how this was widely seen by many people who watch him regularly.

If you've actually watched him the last two years you'd easily recognize that he was playing poorly in a lot of games. Again over the past two seasons

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
@MDeFranks 3m3 minutes ago
Four weeks from now is March 24. There will be seven regular season games left in the Stars season should Mats Zuccarello return then.

Plus, lets chill on the timeline once a doctor looks at him and he gets an X-Ray, its all pointless speculation at this point.

I think he has had bones broken before.

He knows.

At least the Dallas - fans got to see why the trade was made.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't get the big deal for those that hate the value...if he gets resigned its a 1st and a 2nd if he doesn't he probably will resign back with NYR along with them keeping the 2nd and 3rd. Its pretty safe to assume the 2nd not changing to a 1st with those conditions.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
What kick to the gut for the Stars. A broken arm sounds way longer than just 1 month to heal. I honestly hate shot blocking, especially for the top 6 forwards. To lose a top point producer just to block a shot that may have gone wide anyway or would’ve been stopped by the goaltender isn’t worth months of rehab. He’s a UFA too so who knows how many millions this could cost him. What a shame.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
So pissed to lose Zucc, man. He took my favorite modern player crown from Gaborik.

Hope he gets to lift a cup, even if it’s with the Stars. I’ll forever root for Mats.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey Dallas...Hey Mr. Nill...We have this lil'guy named Gus...What ya think :naughty:

On a more serious note - gotta feel for Zucc, and the Stars...That really sucks.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
As a UFA, he's in no rush to return, I'd imagine. That sucks for the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad